Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

CMF Mafia - Day 3 - The Mermaid's Song

11762933124_faf95af47c_z.jpg

Players only, please!

12215900724_6095b6ed94_z.jpg

Lacey Davis (LegoDad) sits in her whore house, contemplating which wig she should wear in the morning.

"Do I stick with this one, or should I wear the curly, brown one? I should maybe stuff my top with some wigs, too.

12216097986_d396707d2b_z.jpg

Needless to say, she doesn't manage to see the Zombie, or hear the door loudly creak open, or even hear the load groan coming from behind her. Who knew wigs could be so distracting?

12215624725_b9139607df_z.jpg

A dismembered mermaid now lies where Lacey Davis once stood.

12215693383_8a14a81f65_z.jpg

Meanwhile, the zombie walks off with a nice, lean arm to gnaw on.

12215694813_ba43e26147_z.jpg

Meanwhile, Derek Polanes (DarthPotato), walks away from the fire pit, after just burning his hands on the fire trying to warm up...

12215503255_f80bde57f1_z.jpg

... Until he runs into the Roman Commander, who shoves his blade so far into Derek's stomach it pushes him back into the fire pit..

12215696913_294a56d95b_z.jpg

And the body of the Fortune Teller crackles in the pit.

12215906034_30441ea12b_z.jpg

Everybody gathers in the morning, but instead of Mercutio, the assistants take his place.

"Mercutio's taking a quick vacation for school" Carlisa announces. "He left us in charge, so we had to invite our friends Wyldstyle and Abe here to help us, especially since Abe is so honest, and Wyldstyle.... Well, she's somewhat attractive."

12215502315_7d24be72ec_z.jpg

"We could only find Bleeb's head, and I think it's pretty clear he was a Monster. So was Derek. Luckily for you, Lacey just so happened to have been a rotten member of the Council. Looks like you dipshits made more progress yesterday than you did the day before. Now go catch another so I can look good for Mercutio."

12215693873_96c2d4dd74_z.jpg

Excited to have caught their first baddie, the girls...

12216099656_fdc4401371_z.jpg

... And the boys, begin discussion for a new day.

The Players (14)

11786767795_0c3c27c230_t.jpg

Mercutio Robertson - Played by TrumpetKing - NPC

12021853893_d7017583fc_t.jpg Kelly Lester - Played by Kristel - Wannabe Mermaid

12022668345_ff7cabc1ae_t.jpg Clarissa Maplesby - Played by CallMePie - Expert People Trampler

12022670535_7d8eecde00_t.jpg Peter Desmund - Played by Piratedave84 - Most likely to eat your face

12023024394_f4b28ffc90_t.jpg Jeffrey Norris -Played by jamesn - Corrupt Conquistador

12022678225_1f9db00d40_t.jpgCarl Nemoss​ - Played by Captain Nemo - Hottie McHotterson

12022684095_919e2b9500_t.jpg Giovanni Capanni - Played by Captain Genaro - Hitman with a hint of class

12022974413_1cc02768df_t.jpg Monarch Timothy III - Played by Tamamono - Probably wants you beheaded

12022985543_8ca36ed811_t.jpg Helen Inkling - Played by Hinckley - "Would you like a nice glass of wine?"

12023538676_a18f67e9b1_t.jpg Tickles - Played by TinyPiesRUs - Wants your kids to se the lions

12023544266_40fb57bb87_t.jpg Pamela Fettucini - Played by Peanuts - Badass Mom

12023055034_132dddb260_t.jpg Mikatta - Played by Mencot - Forest Witch

12023062494_9d33e33f5d_t.jpg Dragonishki - Played by Darkdragon -Somehow came from a comic book

12023065464_2c5ba94fa9_t.jpg Sally Carrotine - Played by Scubacarrot - Child Arson

12022724575_f3ac2945e4_t.jpg Melinda Dugan - Played by MetroiD - Wants your scalp

The Dead

12145595534_d45c8a4b65_t.jpg Kingsley of the Starfish - Played by KingoftheZempk - Criminal Mastermind - Dissolved Mid-Nap Night One - Monster

12145595404_e6f52732ea_t.jpg Caitie Levanne - Played by Cecilie - Creepy Nurse - Beheaded reading mail Night One - Monster

12215802933_00b1e8f48c_t.jpg Bleeb - Played by Bob - Benevolent Alien Overlord - Gnawed on by a crazy cannibal Day Two - Monster

12372697864_229a2a83ac_o.jpg Lacey Davis - Played by LegoDad - Desparate for sex - Ignored creepy sounds while bra stuffing during Night Two - Council

12372395833_376265eb16_o.jpg Derek Polanes -Played by DarthPotato - Wants your credit card number - Blazed Night Two - Monster

The Rules

1. Each player will be given an alignment to play as. Each player will be aligned with either The Council or The Monsters. Any Third Party/Neutral characters have their own win conditions outlined in their roles. To win, the Monsters must eliminate all of the Council, while the Council must outnumber the Monsters.

2. Each day you may vote to lynch a player. The player who receives votes from a majority of the remaining players will be lynched. Voting must be done in the following format.Vote: Character Name (Player). No other format will be accepted. Unvoting may be done similarly, under the same format and criteria as voting.

3. A day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote for the first 24 hours of the Day thread. After 72 hours, it is now night. When the 72 hours of the day are over, please send your night action, if any, to myself using the Role PM I have sent you. The night phase will last a maximum of 48 hours.

4. The alignment of the player lynched, and any that died during the night, will be revealed at the start of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM.This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Role Claiming should be done at your own risk. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. Any questions about your role or the game must be asked in your Role PM that you received.

11. In your Role PM, you have been given a Personality Quirk. I request that you try to speak in your personality quirk a minimum of three times per day, but I will not make it a requirement. Try to have fun with it though!

12. Violation of ANY of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 vote for every 4 players left) on the first offense, and removal from the game on the second offense

Edited by TrumpetKing

Damn it! Derek was the one who found out LegoDad was Scum. He had another good lead for an investigation result but we'll never know.

Damn that Bleeb. How can innumerable Scum-tells be your Town and Scum tell?? :wall:

I suppose we could just lynch all the people Derek was planning on investigating.

I meant Lacey.

I'm very happy that our zombie killed ate Lacey; 1 scum down is a good result. But the loss of the investigator is a real setback.

I still don't know why Bleeb turned on Timothy for pushing Kingsley's lynch, when Bleeb was the one that hammered. I suppose we'll never know. Let's get to chopping the heads off the remaining scum!

Good good one scum down

Damn it! Derek was the one who found out LegoDad was Scum. He had another good lead for an investigation result but we'll never know.

But I guess this wasn´t a big surprise, right. Everybody knew who our investigator was, ofcourse it was scum priority one to kill him.

Good thing he found out lacey before he die, hopefuly we get some more info on the scum out of his dead!

That Bleed guy, why oh why, I guess he was town deep down because this is was nothing new in how he plays. Oh well he is a gone now.

About yesterday, i was cut of (again, being too late to comment) and my suspensions about Peter.

I will go through yesterdays comments and then get back.

*Not Suspensions :wacko:

"suspicions about Peter"

I'm very happy that our zombie killed ate Lacey; 1 scum down is a good result. But the loss of the investigator is a real setback.

I still don't know why Bleeb turned on Timothy for pushing Kingsley's lynch, when Bleeb was the one that hammered. I suppose we'll never know. Let's get to chopping the heads off the remaining scum!

Thanks for helping by summarizing so succinctly. Did you have any suggestions on how we find them to chop off their heads?

But I guess this wasn´t a big surprise, right. Everybody knew who our investigator was, ofcourse it was scum priority one to kill him.

Good thing he found out lacey before he die, hopefuly we get some more info on the scum out of his dead!

I think they should've been too concerned that he was being protected.

About yesterday, i was cut of (again, being too late to comment) and my suspensions about Peter.

I will go through yesterdays comments and then get back.

Yes, it's always hard to fit one accusation into 72 hours. Best of luck getting back to us.

Hold on Mikakakatata. You've never officially clarified for us. Are you both the character of the witch and the alter ego of the witch? :sceptic:

Thanks for helping by summarizing so succinctly. Did you have any suggestions on how we find them to chop off their heads?

Yesterday, Mikatta accused Bleeb of throwing spaghetti at the wall until it stuck, but her own ramblings were much the same. I called her out on it. Also, Hottie McHotterson posted only three times and pretended that the reason many of us voted for Bleeb was because he hammered the vote; all along, the argument against Bleeb had been that he hammered and then accused Timmy of making him hammer. I think Mikatta and Hottie are good places to start.

Some of Peter´s comments yesterday (the best ones because there was so much fliff fluff in his comments but especially what can be noticed here is how he doubts Derek and want to test his claim at many points. Also another point is looking at his comments, I noticed that he has some kind of connection with Lacey(dead and scum) and Melinda:

snapback.pngDarthPotato, on 26 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not going to come out and reveal the results. Unless you want the scum to have an easy kill then it's better not to.

I'm not following you. Are you saying that by revealing your investigation results you would give scum a fix on that person's allignement and thereby making them a target?

-

snapback.pngBob, on 27 January 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

I find it very odd that Helen continues to say "Hey, let's claim who we are" but hasn't actually done that yet.

Oh, here's something else I noticed:

You seemed really really insistent on voting off Kingsley. This is just on the last page of Day 1, I'm not sure if there are more posts like this, but why are you so pushy that we vote him off?

One last thing I've noticed:

That's some really bad metagaming right there.

If you thought that Timmy was so pushy and felt he was eager to lynch Kingsley, why did you hammer the vote? You seemed to agree with Timmy yesterday and even echoed that a lynch was necessary.

Lacy´s reply to Peters comment:

snapback.pngPiratedave84, on 27 January 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

If you thought that Timmy was so pushy and felt he was eager to lynch Kingsley, why did you hammer the vote? You seemed to agree with Timmy yesterday and even echoed that a lynch was necessary.

snapback.pngPiratedave84, on 27 January 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

Nice catch.

-

snapback.pngKristel, on 27 January 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

I propose everyone sends me their alter egos via PM. I'll report back if there are duplicates and what the number of non-monstrous identities there are, or we can decide as a group on what we do with the information.

I'm a vanilla Monster and, apart from some lacklustre intelligence, it would not be the greatest loss to the Monsters if the Council decided to take me out as a result of this proposal and any consequent actions. History suggests that, in the absence of a personal bodyguard, I don't have long to live anyway.

NO! why should we trust you? This is a bad idea. If we were to reveal our alter egos, the only person I would remotely 'trust' is the unconfirmed-but-not-counterclaimed cop; Dereck.

-

DarthPotato, on 27 January 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

I'll say it again, but I seriously think we should hold back from everyone claiming their alter egos for now. I know that's hypocritical coming from me but the scum have already seen two figures relate to roles and that's probably enough to make connections with other figures. I definitely say hold off until later down the line like last game.

What Prevents us from sending them to you, only you. Would that help the scum?

-

Why is everyone assuming Caitie was a PR? Is

This a know fact?

snapback.pngDarthPotato, on 27 January 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

No, it wouldn't help the scum, I'm saying releasing them publicly or sending them to multiple people would. Sending them to me would actually probably work, if people are willing to trust me, and a few still aren't.

Which is what I suggested; did you have trouble understanding my post?

-

snapback.pngMetroiD, on 28 January 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Speaking of action, there goes a day which was supposedly filled with alter-ego-claiming behind the curtains. What have we got? We got nowt (else). Has this hairdresser potentially found her long-forgotten Geordie roots? Probably not, just too much hair product.

I am getting worried about the lack of contribution from Derek today.

-

snapback.pngScubacarrot, on 28 January 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

You've obviously never tried to get anything out of Bleeb.

LOL

he made a very good post on day one, it was actually pertinent and somewhat made sense!

-

I'm really starting to feel uneasy about the Bleeb lynch, it seems too easy; unanimous lynches are rarely a good thing. When I told Helen that I intended to vote for Bleeb (beofre voting was open) I did not think it would gather that much steam this quick.

I asked Derek and Helen in private but got nowhere, so I will ask here; Derek why did you opt to confirm Kelly via Helen, whos is not confirmed, rather than contact Kelly directly? I find your apporach to have been flawed, can you explain your logic?

Does anyone else feel like we should test the investigation result?

Here is a comment that seems he is trying to make him look more of a town then scum:

Unvote: Bleeb (Bob)

Why? Because it does not sit well with me that the vote picked up steam so fast. Let's face it, Bleeb's vote was shit, his justification was very poor and his subsequent deflection of the accusations was sort of scummy. This being said, whomever would have cast that last vote would also be under scrutiny today and would probably have crumbled under the pressure as well. There is also some truth in the fact that Bleeb merely voted whereas Timmy was the one pushing hard, very hard for King's lynch.

We know what Bleeb did and if needs be we can re-visit it later or we can ask the vig to whack him tonight.

Here is what I am suggesting:

We should lynch Kelly

Why?

Because it would

1) Enable us to 'confirm' our investigator (to an extent)

2) Settle whatever feud exists between Helen and her. Derek seems to trust Helen whom appears to trust him back but Kelly and Helen do not trust each other. Something is amiss here Derek trusted Helen enough to have her relay the information about the investigation result so why would Kelly not trust the person whom indirectly cleared her?

The way I see this is win-win; we either lose a vanilla townie but 'confirm' our investigator or catch scum (possible godfather?)

I know this is bold and I am more than willing to deal with the Flak resulting from this tomorrow, but we need to settle the Derek/Helen/Kelly thing before we can move on.

As such

Vote: Kelly Lester (Kristel) sorry darling but your sacrifice is IMO what is best for us at this point.

This was some of the ones (wasn´t so easy to copy them here), didn´t look at day 1 yet but will check it out also

Upsetting to see Derek killed, but at least a scum got taken down with him. At least we're not completely in the dark.

Anyway...I'd like to draw attention to some of the things Jeffrey here has said. Several of them pop out to me as suspicious.

Well, last time the town's alter egos were townie sorts of things, and the scum's alter egos were monster-y sorts of things. It would make sense if the alter egos were in a similar vein this time i.e. town have monster alter egos and scum have townie sorts of alter egos.

I suppose you're hinting you don't have a monster alter ego, but still are town.

Accurate, but contradictory to what he says later:

If Derek is town, then he's extrapolating from one datum. If he's scum, you're right, he has a large enough data set to generalize.

The correlation of alter egos and roles was a game breaker last time, so if this time I were given, say, "Fortune Teller" and "Cop" I should think it's by coincidence, not by design. I (and I think anyone else) wouldn't extrapolate from one sample to the population.

The fact that Derek has insisted that alter egos correspond to roles suggests he has inside information. On Day One, that says scum. I'm keeping my vote where it is.

He makes assumptions based on last game, then later suggest it's wrong to make assumptions based on last game. And then later:

The first claim of Derek's, that not all of us have monstrous alter-egos, seems to hold water because of the claimed faith-healers. His second claim, that actions are related to alter-egos, is still in the air. But since the first claim is more credible than it was when I voted for him, so:

Unvote: Derek Polanes (DarthPotato)

He says it's still in the air??

If someone gets lynched, it's because there's a consensus that they're scummy. If the wagon had stayed on Derek, it wouldn't have been just your doing. I was in there, You're very self-aware, and it that looks like you have something to hide. So:

Vote: Kingsley of the Starfish (KingoftheZempk)

If you want to show that Helen's claim you were trying in private to get someone lynched is false, then you should show the evidence. You say you're happy to share, so I don't see a reason not to.

Here he's pretty happy to follow the bandwagon and have information tossed around publicly. Doesn't seem really cautious.

Not that she suggested we reveal alter egos, but that she backtracked so swiftly. I think Sally either:

-Doesn't want to reveal having a non-monster alter ego;

-Doesn't want to accidentally claim the same monster as someone else.

Case 2 comes out of Case 1, and in both cases she's scum or a neutral.

People had been pointing fingers at Sally earlier in the day; I want to keep her in mind. She is by no means a better lynch than Derek. Scummy claim - best lynch:

This was from the tail end of Day One. I don't think he so much as mentioned Sally again throughout all of Day Two.

Then, near the end of Day Two, he posted this.

According to Derek, somebody else did claim to have an alter ego from the past game. But it's Jeffrey's reactions to this that make it stick out to me. He says the alter egos are limited based on what Mercutio has handy - a weird argument that we can't confirm. Derek suggests it would make a good lie, and Jeffrey even argues against that, using logic I'm still a little fuzzy on. I believe he was saying that there was no way to know most alter egos are new, so one claim would be just as dangerous as any other; which is ridiculous. I think we figured out most of the alter ego stuff on Day One. From then to Day Two, that's plenty of time to realize most of them are new. Point is, his reaction to Derek's issues are just plain strange.

I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about this. I'd like to get discussion going sooner rather than later today.

Yesterday, Mikatta accused Bleeb of throwing spaghetti at the wall until it stuck, but her own ramblings were much the same. I called her out on it. Also, Hottie McHotterson posted only three times and pretended that the reason many of us voted for Bleeb was because he hammered the vote; all along, the argument against Bleeb had been that he hammered and then accused Timmy of making him hammer. I think Mikatta and Hottie are good places to start.

And I answered to your comment in the next comment!

Yes, it's always hard to fit one accusation into 72 hours. Best of luck getting back to us.

Hold on Mikakakatata. You've never officially clarified for us. Are you both the character of the witch and the alter ego of the witch? :sceptic:

Ofcourse it is when One: I got suspicious of Peter in the end of the day when I look through the days comments and Two: I was sleeping in the end of the day when many of you others were up. hey Witches are night persons not like those goody goody council persons.

"Are you both the character of the witch and the alter ego of the witch?"

Yes it is.

Day Two is now unlocked so it can be quoted directly instead of the mess that is now created in these last two posts...

Yes it is.

I find this highly suspicious.

Helen's comment on Mikattta's ego/alter-ego (mis)match are something I've also been thinking about. It doesn't make much sense that you'd have the exact same ego AND alter-ego, otherwise why would we need alter-egos anyway?!

Also, our cop investigator may be gone, but he's given us a lead to work on today, so it's high time we started lynching actual councilors!

On an entirely different note, what are the chances that two Scum purposely claimed the same alter ego in order for one to gain favor with the Town?

Day Two is now unlocked so it can be quoted directly instead of the mess that is now created in these last two posts...

Thanks about that i know my comment was a mess when i couldn´t quote them in the right manner.

Thanks about that i know my comment was a mess when i couldn´t quote them in the right manner.

No worries. Sorry I forgot to do it when the day started.

On an entirely different note, what are the chances that two Scum purposely claimed the same alter ego in order for one to gain favor with the Town?

Could think that wouldn´t be possible because I would guess the scum would talk about this kind of stuff before they give them out, right!

Could think that wouldn´t be possible because I would guess the scum would talk about this kind of stuff before they give them out, right!

You don't get it. Scum 1 claims X, Scum 2 claims X. Scum 1 is lynched. Scum 2 is considered confirmed.

You don't get it. Scum 1 claims X, Scum 2 claims X. Scum 1 is lynched. Scum 2 is considered confirmed.

Aaah Smart, thank you for spelling it out :sarcasm_smug:

Aaah Smart, thank you for spelling it out :sarcasm_smug:

What has sarcasm got to do with it? You clearly did not get what was said.

Anyways, that's not likely. I assume Lacey had claimed something that is double? The most likely scenario is that Lacey messed up. :shrug_oh_well:

So who was Derek going to investigate/ was his lead? Apparantly people know. Or Melinda is just copying Helen, possibility. What is the reason for NOT revealling that particular information?

Helen's comment on Mikattta's ego/alter-ego (mis)match are something I've also been thinking about. It doesn't make much sense that you'd have the exact same ego AND alter-ego, otherwise why would we need alter-egos anyway?!

Bleeb the alien was an alien.

So you can say something smart :sarcasm_smug:

That´s sarcasm because clearly you don´t know what it means!

But that was irrelevent and totally unhelpful to this game so lets get back to the topic.

So who was Derek going to investigate/ was his lead? Apparantly people know. Or Melinda is just copying Helen, possibility. What is the reason for NOT revealling that particular information?

it would be intresting to know but I guess we will be informed when the town block has gone through all new info.

And Melinda is just copying, take a look at some of her comments yesterday and you will find out.

Melinda and Peter do you have something?

Are you even serious? You make an incredible dumb comment, and then I help you out, and you start being uppity? Someone needs to finish elementary school....

Are you even serious? You make an incredible dumb comment, and then I help you out, and you start being uppity? Someone needs to finish elementary school....

Didn´t I say it was stupied, childish and totally irrelevent to this game.

That does sound smart indeed. Why would scum 2 be automatically confirmed though? If we base our votes and suspicions on actions, voting, etc., there should be a tell as to who's scum of the hypothetical two.

I stand corrected, my bad. That gives some more credibility to the witch's claim. Which, in turn, is countereffected by pretty much everything she's been saying. In her case, I think we're witnessing another bout of button pushing here. Witchy business and I'm not sure I like it. Combined with all her random shooting in all directions from the off today, that makes her one of the prime suspects to me.

That does sound smart indeed. Why would scum 2 be automatically confirmed though? If we base our votes and suspicions on actions, voting, etc., there should be a tell as to who's scum of the hypothetical two.

Assuming Scum 1 was lynched and found scum, the other scum would have to be considered to have the real alter ego, and the assumption would be that the lynched scum messed up. Question you got to ask: Do you think such a play likely?