Sign in to follow this  
SilvaShado

MBA Kit 2 Microbuild Designer

I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten the MBA Kit 2 Microbuild Designer and what they thought about it.

I enjoyed it quite a bit and wrote a blog about it, if anyone is interested. It chronicles my journey through the book's 3 builds, the online material and then building my own creation.

Here's what I ended up building with pieces from kit 2, though I did include the canopy from kit 1.

Temple of Ogra’la

In a magical world where several gods reign, there is Ogra’la, god of the sea and wealth. His temples abound on rocky shores, filled with riches for those brave, or foolish, enough to try to take it. One such pirate-ship nears the western temple, only to find the rumors of its guardian true – a vicious sea serpent blocks their path!

5968351930_9b035a2fa9_z.jpg

I must say that I can't wait to try a microbuild using pieces from my collection because I know I'll do a much better job. While building this, I often felt that I was the wrong piece or, at least, not what I would have chosen as my first option. But I did it this way to challenge myself, to see if I could make what I wanted with a limited pool of pieces. And it still turned out pretty good, so I feel successful with the challenge.

5968351930_9b035a2fa9_z.jpg

Nice build!

I really enjoy reading your posts on the Brick Blogger in particular the entries on the MBA kits that we unfortunately don't have in Belgium (and no, I'm not willing to pay extra to get it from BL! :tongue: )

Your posts on the MBA Kits 1 & 2 and the links to the Brickpaper templates you have shared gave me an idea to sketch Lego scaled builds with an iPad. I posted a short tutorial on how to do it here on EB.

Nice build!

I really enjoy reading your posts on the Brick Blogger in particular the entries on the MBA kits that we unfortunately don't have in Belgium (and no, I'm not willing to pay extra to get it from BL! :tongue: )

Your posts on the MBA Kits 1 & 2 and the links to the Brickpaper templates you have shared gave me an idea to sketch Lego scaled builds with an iPad. I posted a short tutorial on how to do it here on EB.

Thanks so much! Glad you like my MOC and the blogs I write. It's great to get reader feedback. I'm sorry you can't get the MBA where you live, but I'll do my best to share any online extras in my blogs as I go through the kits.

I haven't had a chance to use the brick paper yet, but that's a great idea you have for using it on the iPad. Thanks for sharing it!

Very nice :laugh:

I hope to get my hands on kit 2 in the not so distant future :tongue:

Nice build!

It is available in Holland.

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/alien-conquest/lego-20200-space-designer-lego-mba-kit-1.html

I hope they will have the other kits too.

Very nice :laugh:

I hope to get my hands on kit 2 in the not so distant future :tongue:

It is available in Holland.

http://www.brickshop...-mba-kit-1.html

I hope they will have the other kits too.

Thanks! I hope you'll be able to get it. I was very surprised when I found out that MBA was only available in the U.S. Hopefully they'll have it available eventually in the rest of the world, or maybe whatever they do next.