SWAT Strachan

Star Wars Lego Windows Icons...

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I've just a spent a few days making these icons for my PC, and I'm that pleased with how they came out that I thought some of you might like to use them as well. These are all 256x256x32 Windows icons with transparency and work best with a dark desktop, I've also included "feature" alternatives in case you want to use the icons for the Recycle Bin (the Sarlacc is perfect for this purpose, so much so that I've included a sound file to use as the emptying effect HERE, just right-click and save).

Note for Windows7 users...

If you find that after changing the Recycle Bin icons, they no longer change automatically to show if the bin is empty or not, just follow these instructions.

1. Click on the Start button and type REGEDIT in the search box, then click on regedit.exe when it appears in the list above.
  2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Explorer / CLSID / {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} / Default Icon
  3. In here you will find three entries (default, empty, full), each one showing the file path to your custom icon. Edit each one in turn and add ,0 (comma zero) to the end of each line without a space (so for example %userprofile%\path_to_icons\sarlacc.ico would now become %userprofile%\path_to_icons\sarlacc.ico,0)
  4. Once all three have been changed, close REGEDIT and refresh your desktop. The Recycle Bin icons should now change automatically when filled or emptied.

Click each preview below to download the same image in the .ico format.

ds2.png falcon_1.png falcon_2.png luke_1.png luke_2.png sarlacc_1.png sarlacc_2.png tantive_1.png tantive_2.png x-wing_1.png x-wing_2.png star_destroyer.png tie_1.png tie_2.png a-wing.png x-wing.png x-wing_engines.png at-st.png b-wing_custom_closed.png b-wing_custom_open.png b-wing_ucs_closed.png b-wing_ucs_open.png r2d2_rolling.png r2d2_standing.png v-wing_flight.png v-wing_landed.png y-wing_ucs.png ice_speeder_linked.png ice_speeder_unlinked.png

More to follow, I'll take requests too as long as the .lxf files exist :classic:.

These are awesome! Thanks Strachan! Gotta use them straight away. Are you planning to do those in your signature as well? Those look great too!

Edited by Pointblank

These are awesome! Thanks Strachan! Gotta use them straight away. Are you planning to do those in your signature as well? Those look great too!

Actually the ones in my signature are photographs, not renders, but I think I still have the originals saved somewhere so if there's one in particular you're after let me know.

Added...

• Customised minifig-scale B-Wing (open & closed wings)
  • UCS B-wing (opened & closed wings)
  • UCS R2D2 (walking & rolling)
  • V-Wing (flight & landing modes)
  • UCS Y-Wing
  • My Imperial Ice Speeder MOC (linked & separated)