AlmightyArjen

Huge train station MOC of 25.000 bricks

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen it already on my Work In Progress channel; the past 5 months I've been busy building a huge train station! It started with an LDD design. I ordered the needed bricks on Bricklink and started building. The LDD design covered the basics: a lot of detailing has been done during the building. The station has working escalators, elevators and sliding doors and are controlled by an Arduino. It also has more than 100 built-in LEDs. The platforms are about 2,5 meters long. There's also a monorail and bus station.

I can explain everything that's inside but I suggest you just watch the video ;) If you have any questions, please do ask! :)

Edited by AlmightyArjen

Woah!!! That's stunning!

Really impressive,love the TFT screen! lighting effects are a really nice touch,well done

Stunning station. Its size means it doesn't look clutterrd. I like the escaltors too. The lighting shows up well aswell. Great creation.

Utterly amazing work, wow! The shear size of it; the building details; the incredible extent to which things are functional; the stopmotion bits and the truly epic montage... It's almost to much to handle, man! *huh* The nightime scenes are absolutely brilliant! :wub:

"COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?! - Yeah, you know one time I was..." :head_back::thumbup:

Great job, I really like the escalators as well, wish we could have seen some figures flying off at the escaltors at the top :-)

I really love seeing big displays with anamation built in.

Woa, that's that's, almighty! :sweet:

Really inspiring piece of work, the lights, movement, it's really awesome!

I suppose you made the escalators with some caterpillar tracks. but how on earth did you attach the steps?

Woa! Very amazing. The Coffee Shop has cornered the market at that Train Station :)

What kind of LED lights did you use, custom made or one of the third party vendors?

The only thing I thought was jarring was the monorail changing direction w/o a pause in between, but I suspect that is the stock LEGO system.

Nice video, great job :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

That's an impressive station! Lots of interesting details especially in the restaurants/bars. I agree with 1974 though, it's a bit plain... It could do with a bit of colour to break the white.

I like what you've done with turning the 60097 tram into a monorail but the way it bounces at the end of the line is a bit odd. You seem to be good with electronics like Arduino, could you make the monorail stop at the platform for a few seconds?

I see a steam train with smoke coming out of the stack. Is that photoshop or do you actually have a smoke generator in that train?

Nice Koploper as well by the way ;-)

Woa, that's that's, almighty! :sweet:

Really inspiring piece of work, the lights, movement, it's really awesome!

I suppose you made the escalators with some caterpillar tracks. but how on earth did you attach the steps?

Based on the large caterpillar tracks indeed. I've put two 1/2 technic pins through the holes of every segment. On of the pins a 1x4 plate, the two hinges to make the step horizontal and then tiles and jumpers.

Woa! Very amazing. The Coffee Shop has cornered the market at that Train Station :)

What kind of LED lights did you use, custom made or one of the third party vendors?

The only thing I thought was jarring was the monorail changing direction w/o a pause in between, but I suspect that is the stock LEGO system.

I got the LEDs from the local electronics store. They are SMD LEDs, but large for their type.

About the monorail: you're totally right, I could have done that better. The monorail system is quite genius as you can make the monorail stop or return (mechanically). I left it on the the return position: this was easier during filming. I've been lazy ;)

That's an impressive station! Lots of interesting details especially in the restaurants/bars. I agree with 1974 though, it's a bit plain... It could do with a bit of colour to break the white.

I like what you've done with turning the 60097 tram into a monorail but the way it bounces at the end of the line is a bit odd. You seem to be good with electronics like Arduino, could you make the monorail stop at the platform for a few seconds?

I see a steam train with smoke coming out of the stack. Is that photoshop or do you actually have a smoke generator in that train?

Nice Koploper as well by the way ;-)

About the monorail: see above. Difficult to adjust the system as it works mechnically. Though not impossible I think.

I first was looking around for a smoke generator but they're difficult to use in combination with Lego since they're getting pretty hot. So I used a special effects feature of my video editing program.

You've definitely got a masterpiece in terms of function and aesthetics. I just feel that some of your trains don't fit the style of the station. I'd be very cool if you could build some custom trains that match the station in terms of style/lego era. But don't get me wrong, this creation is superb!

I've been working on a modular station in LDD as a way of staging my 4-wide trains, but nothing on that scale or complexity. Mine certainly won't have anything like moving escalators, automatic doors or any of the other many layers that yours has. Yours is simply amazing!!

Edited by Hod Carrier

Stunning lights, stunning mechanisms, stunning buildings, stunning animations and sure, stunning video.

Wow, this is awesome! I was really looking forward to seeing what happened to Captain Jack Sparrow at the top of the escalator ;-).

The only problem I see is that there's no catenary power for those electric trains!

Finally a train station scaled to actually fit the trains! Excellent work and all of the automation is unbelievable.

Impressive automated station. :classic:

I was really looking forward to seeing what happened to Captain Jack Sparrow at the top of the escalator ;-).

Me too. :wink:

Amazing indeed - size, design, details, functions, just great!

But are there no signs with the station name and track numbers on the platforms, or did I just fail to see them because of all the other nice things? :)

What a wonderful train station! Great functions, design and the size is looking perfect for LEGO trains.

And a great presentation also!

Arjen,

It's awesome, I really loved the whiteness actually, it's more realistic that way. The lighting and night scenes made the city look very realistic.

I've enjoyed your train scenes for their nice blend of stock Lego and custom work. I enjoy seeing so many sets that I enjoyed as a kid and have recently begun purchasing again as an adult.

Wow, seriously impressive Almightly! :classic: Great scale and ingenious level of automation and lighting, like the white too. Presentation is fantastic. Curious as to how long it all took you do design and build and what lighting systems plus tech you've used.

Love the Kepler, is that the one from Blokbricks?

:wub_drool:

Amazing! What a build. Everything is there. And those escalators are just one of the few great things to see. The video is superb too.