I think my mercedes G is worth to get a own presentation topic.

7766065452_177054e8ee.jpg

7766065844_a0936da632.jpg

the concept was to get a capable offroader without renounce a good looking body. to get this goal i has made the decission many of the new pf parts.

For the propulsion iam using four of the new Pf- L motors. every wheel is driven by one of the motors

7766176758_1117da154d.jpg

7766067266_f2a16779d7.jpg

to get a small turning circle i have used a a allwheel steering. every axle has its own PF- Servo which can steered separatley.

7644979816_1e1ece6fbc.jpg

the advantage of the new L motor is indiscutable the good mounting possibilitiys. so it is a good idea to use it as part of the structure. there is not more a need for complex frames around the motor.

7766176758_1117da154d.jpg

the most important thing to get a proper look, especially at the flatbed was a low frame. so i have mounted the springs much lower than the springs in the 9398 lego crawler

7644980266_b49c1399fc.jpg

The most difficult part of the G was the design. here are some evolution steps

7576851244_8563f9e97e.jpg

7663633496_b7c67b999a.jpg

7662878594_43829e438a.jpg

7662878992_a34eef3cbd.jpg

finaly some pics of the final version

7766066284_d4319457b9.jpg

7766066736_ac72d3e36e.jpg

7766070708_5c47e2af6e.jpg

7766071166_a42605e6fd.jpg

and now the performance of the naked chassis

now the final vid with the full 2400 grams heavy G

finaly a little size comparisation between my mog und the G

7727267618_74183dfaf4.jpg

100_9544 von efferman auf Flickr

all pictures are available at flickr. the full story you can read starting with this post in my technic corner

thanks for reading

Edited by efferman

Agreed with David, this deserves to stay together! I also love the leaf stuck in the rear bumper in the second photo :wink: . Overall I think one of my favorite technic MOC's to date.

tim

well Dluders, i really dont want to disassemble the G but there are too much rare electronic parts included. maybe i will make an other chassis for it, to save the bodywork.

twin otter, i love the L motors because of its torque and mounting possibilities

Edited by efferman

thanks for all of your praise

yes, the motors are the only connection between the axle and the turntable which connects it to the frame.

I love your chassis and olso the body off the Gelande :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by VFracingteam

:cry_happy:

I love your chassis and olso the body off the Gelande :thumbup: :thumbup:

Drives like truck trial moc at 4x speed:))) wondering how can you make it so fast and torqueful the same time :thumbup:

Cery capable and good looking! :thumbup: But I think the servos are unneccessary. The return to center steering needed mostly for fast vehicles.

Cery capable and good looking! :thumbup: But I think the servos are unneccessary. The return to center steering needed mostly for fast vehicles.

But you don't have to stear it back when you hold it in that posion on your controler. :tongue:

Edited by VFracingteam

As Dluders said, I sure hope you dont take this masterpiece apart! I would have to say that is one of THE BEST Lego Technic TrialTrucks (looks and function wise) that I have ever seen. :sweet: It almost puts some of us to shame :hmpf_bad:

You really went OVER the TOP with designing this... the frame.... the body styling... ect. I really hope you can show us some more of this moc, possibly in instructions? I bet a BUNCH of people would love to build this. :thumbup: :thumbup: Whos with me??? :tongue:

Thanks, and please consider instructions

Well done! I like this model.

This may be a stupid question but how many parts would you estimate to be in there? I would ask the weight of it but you have a lot of PF packed in.

Keep up the good work mate :thumbup:

thanks guys :blush:

I really hope you can show us some more of this moc, possibly in instructions? I bet a BUNCH of people would love to build this. :thumbup: :thumbup: Whos with me??? :tongue:

Thanks, and please consider instructions

you know that a instruction needs the disassembling?

Nice creation, can you show us some pics with the unimog wheels?.

, sure, i will make some pics with some different tires

7774907134_e13b847957.jpg

7774907720_ed867fae7d.jpg

power puller :wink:

7774908222_9167eb0862.jpg

ok a little joke :grin:

This may be a stupid question but how many parts would you estimate to be in there? I would ask the weight of it but you have a lot of PF packed in.

i dont really know, but i think roundabout 2000 parts, maybe less Edited by efferman

It's a nice creation which looks beautiful with this orange color !

I'm not fan of the 4motors solution but I admit that you can gain in performance by doing so.

You can create building instructions without disassembling your mercedes by using a software such as mclad or sr3dbuilder.

sorry guiliug, but iam absoluteley not a good user of modelling programs this would take weeks till finishing

Oh, looks really good with the unimog wheels, here we are a awesome entire Lego MOC :laugh: Now we have to test the small wheels outside :laugh: