Big Sal

[MOC] M-Tron Mine

Some photos of the M-Tron mining base I made for the Yorkshire Brick Show 2014 at the National Coal Mining Museum for England (hence the mining theme). There are quite a few, hope you enjoy them!

1.jpg

Early in the morning, the M-Tron miners arrive by monorail from their homes in the mountains:

24.jpg

First job of the day involves scanning the ground for signs of ore deposits:

9.jpg

It can get pretty tiring:

11.jpg

But the canteen is always open if they need to refuel:

27.jpg

After a snack, they descend into the mines and begin to fill the special containers with the ore they extract from the rocks:

6.jpg

The containers are loaded onto trains to be taken to surface. But things don't always go to plan:

16.jpg

The ore-filled containers are hauled to the surface by monorail:

29.jpg

Then lifted up to the roof and loaded onto the ship which is being refuelled before it flies to the processing plant:

17.jpg

M-Tron aren't the only faction at the mine. Maybe you've already spotted some Blacktron spies up to no good? The Space Police are present to thwart their evil schemes:

26.jpg

One of the Blacktron spies is prepared to use... unconventional... methods to infiltrate the mine:

12.jpg

The Space Police could be doing a better job:

22.jpg

A Futuron research team is also in the mine, investigating signs of ancient alien life uncovered by the miners:

2.jpg

Meanwhile, deep underground, the miners have uncovered some more recent signs of life:

3.jpg

Thanks for looking! There are more pics on Flickr, plus videos of the monorails in action!

Edited by Big Sal

Those Space Police! When's the galaxy going to get some decent security? :tongue:

Great work on the build! I especially like the helicopter pad and the underground details. :classic::thumbup:

Awesome build, nice attention to detail overall and a brilliant tribute to one of the greatest Space themes ever.

Beautiful. I love the monorail, and the landscape. This is what a true space scene is supposed to look like!

Wow! So much greatness, I don't know where to start. I will say that my favorite aspect is the multi-layered story telling. Industry, cops, crime, scientific discovery and space monsters. So very cool.

ssss.plendid! Wow. Took me a while to get the word out of my mouth, so awestruck. Great build and all details are consistent to M-Tron original scale and level of detail - all seems right in place with an early 90's building environment. This could and should have been a catalog photo! Alternate universe.

This may be the year of M-Tron - I love the many builds that it's been getting lately. Superb everywhere - I can't begin to say what I like best. Thanks!

I am so nostalgic. This is my dream base. I really like the way you made each piece fit with each other.

This is made out of pure win! I love seeing large scale bases for official Space themes, and this one doesn't disappoint. All the action that you have going, plus all the great sub MOCs, like the redone Particle Ionizer, are excellent! Keep up the good work!

And yes, those Blacktrons are up too no good.

:cry_happy: Back to childhood! Do you authorize me to come to play? :laugh: Edited by vean

This is so awesome! This just combines and completes everything, well done!! This is the reason why M-Tron, Blacktron, Futuron and Space Police should be rebooted: you can make really nice stories with them!

Brilliant!

Thank you for letting me relive the best themes in LEGO history!

This is awesome! I loved M-Tron as a kid. This is a great recreation of activities involving them. I'd almost want to copy this and make my own display!!

A lot of great details here. Even though Blacktron II were my favorite growing up, M-Tron were second on the list. It must be that trans fluorescent green color.

Keep up the great work!

This is such a fluid diorama because of its immaculate detail. It is not just fun to look at, but it draws your attention to all of the different scenes you've added. Easily my favorite M:Tron diorama I've seen yet.

This looks like so much fun! Awesome, loving the details, craters, colour variations.

Great design. :grin::thumbup:

Very nice. I like how you made the monorail come up from underground, that is a beautiful touch. Also all the action around (Blacktron spying, workers sleeping, accidents by the workers, etc.) Cool build.

I love dioramas with a passion especially Space themed ones such as this. In my opinion, M-Tron is just as iconic as Blacktron and it would be sweet to see either make a full comeback same as Space Police did some years ago. Anyway, my favorite part is the Blacktron guy 'hitching a ride' at the front of the monorail. Haha. :laugh: There are plenty of great little details spread across this nice build to look at.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Absolutely incredible! A three level monorail, and the underground being utilized to its fullest extent.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to have everything in the classic M-Tron colors. Overall, this is fantastic, and thanks so much for sharing it!

Dude sweet! it's my favorite space theme!(for the obvious reason,LOL,). Off the hook man :grin: !

Edited by legomtron

Oh my, that's so cute! Sand plays great with the m-tron colour scheme!

Napping mtronfig steals the show, though.