Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

Lego Pirates and its geography

Hi all!

I'm writing this to ask you if the Lego company did some kind of a geography, between pirates, bluecoats, redcoats, oropacos or armada territories. Or if some user made something like that, not inspired at the real world, but just at an hypotetic Lego world.

I know that some LEGO Club magazines had "Brickbeard's Pirate Map" for the newer 2009 Pirate sets, but it was mostly just detailing all the sets. As for the older pirate sets, there wasn't any predetermined landscape/geography as far as I'm concerned...

Edited by legozebra

Not knowing the specifics is part of the charm of the old themes. I personally would not want the answer.

Hi there,

Here you go, along with some great story telling by Napoleon53 (klick map for link to thread):

6651189581_52ac925e71_z.jpg

And notice this one as well, posted by TalonCard (klick is link):

scan.jpg

You've just got to love the Ironram :pir-wub:

These are the ones I'm aware of.

Best regards

KB

Hello in one of the audio drama the "other governor´s base", I think it could be the redcoat one, is located in refferance to Sabatina, but I don´t know exactly what was said. Therefor you can say there is a official position of the redcoat mainbase to Port Royal of the bluecoats made by TLG. If you want I can hear the audio drama and tell you in what diraction it is.

Edited by Matthias

The Imperial Trading Post was called "Port Fenzance" in some countries, so it seems that the "Redcoats" may have been stationed on the opposite side of the same island from the "Bluecoats" base of Fort Sabre/Eldorado Fortress. Other countries called it "Port Royal", which would place it on the same side of the island, under the protection of the fortress. In official LEGO lore, the Redcoats and Bluecoats have always been the same faction; personally I've never really understood the intractable feud between the two on these forums and elsewhere. pirate_tong.gif

The collection of islands shown on the map is said by the Pirate comic to be in the fictional "Tropical Sea", which the audio dramas indicate is somewhere off the American coast. (Set names in various countries reference locations in the Caribbean.) The Island of Fogs pictured was eventually identified as the homeland of the Islanders. The Armada came too late to the party to be incorporated into the storyline. pirate_pirate_angry.gif

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Wow, this official lore must have gone past me, I had no idea, whatsoever. But it's nice to know, especially that Blue- and Redcoats are in fact the same faction! *trembles* default_distressed.gif

What revelation! Imagine, there could have been peace all along, understanding, no retributions, families wouldn't have had to split up, friendships to be ruined...default_angel_sing.gif All this happened because of a mere misunderstanding of the ancient scripts...

Or is this a conspiracy? I feel this has a nasty touch of Redcoat propaganda to it... That must be it! So forget what I said, the feud is back on!

But seriously, thanks, TC, for posting this information and the map in the first place. thumbup.gif

Runamuck deserves much credit too; we wouldn't know much about the audio dramas without him! :)

TC

good,Not knowing the specifics is part of the charm of the old themes. I personally would not want the answer.thanks13.gif

Edited by etimessnar