Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Blue BSB aka Black Hawk

The Wonder Muffinage of Hobbes continues!

Well here we are:

01_bow.jpg

Me and Dreamweb were discussing in the Blue Coats and Red Coats thread what if the Black Seas Barracuda had blue sales and was used as a ship for the Imperial Navy. This has answered that question somewhat. Not sure about the pirate references though...

Wonder Muffinage

Now that's what I like about the English language: you can make a noun out of anything.

That one's funny.

However! I don't think this is a Black Seas Barracuda with blue sails. I think its two Caribbean Clippers cannibalised to make one big ship.

You're the expert, I don't know any other ships than BSB and SES. And to me this one resembles BSB most... But it's Black Hawk anyways... ;)

Edit: How about this one or this one?

These are what LEGO ships should be! Although they are quit bulky. It would be interesting if there were wide SYSTEM ship hulls, or a method of being able to make the hulls as wide as need the same way as they can be made as long as needed.

It would be interesting if there were wide SYSTEM ship hulls, or a method of being able to make the hulls as wide as need the same way as they can be made as long as needed.

Cut them in half, longitudinal, and fill the "gap" with basic plates (or bricks in case of the bow).

Yes, that would definitely be one way! It seems a bit savage though and what would you use to cut them so they remained symmetricaland the edges smooth and even? For if they weren't that would pose all kinds of problems with the bricks fitting together properly.

The other corcern I foresee is at certain width the ships would begin to look strange. They would be rather flat in the centre of the bow, and resemble hover crafts perhaps! The bow is the major problem because it needs to come together in a point, which would be compromised if it was widened.

Yes, that would definitely be one way!  It seems a bit savage though and what would you use to cut them so they remained symmetricaland the edges smooth and even?  For if they weren't that would pose all kinds of problems with the bricks fitting together properly.

The all-time favorite non-LEGO LEGO-tool: the Dremel. *glasses*

It comes with sandpaper-tools for edge-smoothening so there's no problem with fitting the parts together. Train-track-modders use it all the time. If you use a hand saw, though, it could get a little ugly...

The other corcern I foresee is at certain width the ships would begin to look strange. They would be rather flat in the centre of the bow, and resemble hover crafts perhaps! The bow is the major problem because it needs to come together in a point, which would be compromised if it was widened.

Well, that comes with the territory, I'd say. If you want realistic models don't use LEGO. That the models ain't always perfect is the charme of our beloved toy, I think...

Hobbes, how many hulls have you dremelled away at so far?

Not one. It just made sense to me to use a Dremel cos it's the only tool I can think of that has small and fine enough saws...

Sounds like it could go terrible wrong if the dremel user hadn't had much experience using dremels! I don't think its something I'd try.

Sounds like it could go terrible wrong if the dremel user hadn't had much experience using dremels!

Oh yes, a lot can go wrong, that's why I haven't gone at it yet. I wouldn't see problems with ship-hulls, though, cos they're not as fragile as train-tracks, which require some tweaking in my case. But, since I don't wanna risk anything, I will probably consult the fellow's services I mentioned in this thread.

It appears that thread failed to recieve an overwealming response!

There's something I need to check...

Presumed Creator of Black Hawk

22_me.jpg

Erikutt

themanbehindthemadness.jpg

It appears that thread failed to recieve an overwealming response!

Of course not. Nowadays only Vikings stuff seems to be interesting...

As for the pics: whatever you wanted to show - these guys do not look alike. Not even close...

Yes they do! Both have dark hair and glasses! That's very close opposed to one having no glasses, long blonde hair and a beard...

Didn't Shaggie make that ship. He recently started posting here again*. He lives in Poland and like trains I think.

*He is one of the EB founding members.

count one vote for the pirates over the vikings!

i have absolutely no interest in the new vikings stuff. just not my thing i guess.

this is a pretty nice looking ship, i think that it's really a love child of the BSB and CC, it has features of both, but resembles neither completely. i do think however, that he needs to add a sail to the mizzen, the ship looks like it could use another piece of canvas right there.

oh, and thanks for posting this Hobbes, i greatly enjoy looking at other's ships, just often choose only to lurk. i do not often post unless i feel i have something to actually add, thus i dont post much.

best,

steve