Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

HMS Hotspur

thindexedgif.gif 26a

HMS Hotspur

Let me introduce Captain William Bush, commander of the English brig sloop HMS Hotspur.

Lieutenant Bush is recently appointed Captain of the Hotspur (not yet Post-Captain, which is a rank only received after three years of a captaincy and after distinguishing yourself).

[captain-william-bush.jpg

William Bush

The Hotspur is patrolling in the English Channel before the coast of Brest (France) and has detected a sail on the horizon.

Uncertain if this is a friend or enemy, captain Bush gives the order to prepare for battle.

The guns are out, the marines are ready on the the deck, some climb in the masts to get a better shot.

The crew has received swords in case the are boarded or need to board the other ship.

Remark: The Hotspur is a modified Black Seas Barracuda with an extra hull section (4 mid-sections) and an extra deck.

hotspurl1.jpghotspurl9.jpg

hotspurl11.jpghotspurl6.jpg

hotspurl4.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl2.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl3.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl5.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl7.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl8.jpg_thumb.jpg hotspurl10.jpg_thumb.jpg

Wow, I like this a lot. William Bush fits really well with that ship, especially with the yellow feather in his hat. Even though this is ust a modified BSB, I really like it. It was a good idea to make it longer, and I like the flag at the end. Will you modify more, or is this it?

PLus, isn't it cutlasses? You wrote swords.

That looks like a good way of putting the Black Seas Baraccuda into service!

It looks great lengthened by one extra midsection.

I love the flags and the captainscoat.

*y*

Nice Brig B,

that's pretty kool that you've added living quarters to the bow and below the captain's quarters *y*

BSB's my favorite lego ship and this is a good improvement.

P

Bonaparte

I like what you have done with the BSB. *y* *y* The second deck and the additional cannons really help out the original set. The only suggestion I could make is if you wanted to, you could make some smaller MOC cannons or carronades to go above the non-MOCers. *sweet*

Duke

Nice hornblower reference ;)

I was just about to ask if the name of the ship was inspired by Hornblower - but I'm too late! :'-(

Nice BSB mod, Bonaparte. It might be helpful to provide a before picture of the ship for those who aren't especially accustomed to the look of the BSB, but from what I see I like. :)

When I was younger I dreamed of owning the re-release of the BSB, but alas it was never meant to be... This set will forever haunt my soul until I own it.

Nice hornblower reference ;)

I was just about to ask if the name of the ship was inspired by Hornblower - but I'm too late! :'-(

Perhaps you chaps could enlighten the culturally unsophisticated who don't know what "hornblower" is all about? ;-) Is it a movie or show of some sort? Is it any good? :-P

Yaarrghh. I will watch that now, seeing my mum has it on DVD. It will probably educate me quite a bit, and yes, the girls brought me here.

It was a good idea to make it longer, and I like the flag at the end. Will you modify more, or is this it?

PLus, isn't it cutlasses? You wrote swords.

The ship is finished. I'm a big fan of the BSB and I wanted to keep the look, but make it a bit more "realistic".

A cutlass is also a sword: A cutlass is a short, thick sabre or slashing sword, with a straight or slightly curved blade sharpened on the cutting edge, and a hilt often featuring a solid cupped or basket-shaped guard.

Yaarrghh. I will watch that now, seeing my mum has it on DVD. It will probably educate me quite a bit, and yes, the girls brought me here.

Let me know if you like the Hornblower series Exo Attack.

The only suggestion I could make is if you wanted to, you could make some smaller MOC cannons or carronades to go above the non-MOCers. *sweet*

Duke

Good idea, I have build some MOC cannons from your brothers index, but I still need to order some missing parts on BL.

Is he related to George Bush? X-D

George Bush? Don't know that guy. But then again, I live in the year 1800 :-D

Nice BSB mod, Bonaparte. It might be helpful to provide a before picture of the ship for those who aren't especially accustomed to the look of the BSB, but from what I see I like. :)

You're right, here is a picture of the ship before modification:

6285-1.jpg

Perhaps you chaps could enlighten the culturally unsophisticated who don't know what "Hornblower" is all about? ;-) Is it a movie or show of some sort? Is it any good? :-P

Hornblower is the best series ever made for us pirates. There are 8 episodes of about 1.5h each.

It's about a boy who joins the Royal Navy (around 1800, Napoleonic erea), and he gets in all kinds of adventures, gets promoted and eventually commands his own ship, the HMS Hotspur. The first Lieutenant of the Hotspur is William Bush. One of his first missions as captain brings Horatio Hornblower to Brest.

George Bush? Don't know that guy. But then again, I live in the year 1800 :-D

And yet you ave computer technology and knowledge of how to use it - REMARKABLE!!!

X-D

Nice ship Mr B! You're good in ship building. It's nice to see a ship like this, not to big and not to small, after all those giant ships lately.

You managed to build a good bigger BSB. Normally everyone just builds a exact copy of the BSB but then 1 mid section longer, while you have very nice one. I'd love to see this ship in battle with L'Orient.

BTW, is that sail at the horizon from L'Orient?

Mr Tiber

Mr Tiber

Dude, you're totally going to ruin his story!!

No, it's certainly not L'Orient Mr. Tiber.

I haven't made its sails yet ;-)

Hornblower is the best series ever made for us pirates.

Them's fightin' words. >8-)

I'll take Lucky Jack Aubrey over Vomiting Horatio Hornblower any day. :-$

Excellent ship BTW. I like the full contingent of marines.

Hornblower is the best series ever made for us pirates. There are 8 episodes of about 1.5h each.

It's about a boy who joins the Royal Navy (around 1800, Napoleonic erea), and he gets in all kinds of adventures, gets promoted and eventually commands his own ship, the HMS Hotspur. The first Lieutenant of the Hotspur is William Bush. One of his first missions as captain brings Horatio Hornblower to Brest.

Is this a european series?

Is it available on DVD?

P

I haven't made its sails yet ;-)

What do you have in mind for the sails? Or is that too far ahead to think about?

Bonaparte,

Don't you think the masts are a bit to short? I think it would look better if they were slightly longer.

Mr Tiber

What do you have in mind for the sails? Or is that too far ahead to think about?

Yesterday I have started experimenting with the sails of L'Orient.

I suddenly have a lot of respect for all those builders who made great looking sails for their MOC-ships.

Soon I'll post some picture of L'Orient with the initial sails.

Bonaparte,

Don't you think the masts are a bit to short? I think it would look better if they were slightly longer.

Mr Tiber

Indeed, the mast are too short, the cabin is too high, ...

It's just a "modified" BSB. If I would build this ship from scratch, it would look very different.

I considered destroying it and making something myself, but then I started to make the L'Orient and keep this ship (with all its flaws).

Indeed, the mast are too short, the cabin is too high, ...

It's just a "modified" BSB. If I would build this ship from scratch, it would look very different.

I considered destroying it and making something myself, but then I started to make the L'Orient and keep this ship (with all its flaws).

I don't think the cabin is too high, I think it would be just the right size if the ship has taller masts.

Are you gonna keep the BSB sails on the ship?

Mr Tiber

I don't think the cabin is too high, I think it would be just the right size if the ship has taller masts.

Are you gonna keep the BSB sails on the ship?

Mr Tiber

At this moment I have no plans for re-working the Hotspur.

After I finish the Orient, I will work a bit on my Napoleonic area city (at least make the first building, the governors house).

I like this ship but if you were planning to make it a bit more realistic lower the captins cabin down about 4 bricks then she'll look even better *y* *y*

I like this ship but if you were planning to make it a bit more realistic lower the captins cabin down about 4 bricks then she'll look even better *y* *y*

Wether this is realistic or not depends on the time this ship exist... If it's an early 17th century ship it is very realistic the cabin is this high, but If it's a late 18th century ship it is quite unusual... Mr Bonaparte hasn't gave us details about the time, has he?

Mr Tiber