Sign in to follow this  
tomasu

Should I sell my collection

I have a bunch of old Pirates legos:

6285 BLACK SEAS BARRACUDA

6274 CARIBBEAN CLIPPER

6276 ELDORADO FORTRESS

6270 FORBIDDEN ISLAND

Those are the biggest ones, and I also have some smaller sets from the same year. I just assembled them and no pieces are missing. No manuals or boxes though.

I need your advice. I wonder how much are they worth and is it a good idea to sell them now? I have limited storage space and extra cash wouldn't hurt, but if they are going to increase their value over time then it might not be smart to sell now. Also would it be best to sell them separately or as a collection?

Thanks in advance!

I have a bunch of old Pirates legos:

6285 BLACK SEAS BARRACUDA

6274 CARIBBEAN CLIPPER

6276 ELDORADO FORTRESS

6270 FORBIDDEN ISLAND

Those are the biggest ones, and I also have some smaller sets from the same year. I just assembled them and no pieces are missing. No manuals or boxes though.

I need your advice. I wonder how much are they worth and is it a good idea to sell them now? I have limited storage space and extra cash wouldn't hurt, but if they are going to increase their value over time then it might not be smart to sell now. Also would it be best to sell them separately or as a collection?

Thanks in advance!

Their value will definitely increase over time, at least as long as people like Lego- which as far as we know will be for forever pirate_laugh_new.gif

Go to Brickpicker, you will see probably 10% annual growth rate in value per year. personally I would take out a loan (if I had good credit, etc.) before selling these- it would be like "cash for gold", when you lose money.

Plus sentimental valuepirate_laugh_new.gif

If you do sell them though, either try to sell them for top dollar or sell them to someone on Eurobricks.

EDIT: Not sure whether collection or separate is best. Also, remember prices climb whenever new Pirates sets or Christmas rolls around.

Edited by TheLegoExpert

I need your advice. I wonder how much are they worth and is it a good idea to sell them now? I

At least $10 each...

I have limited storage space and extra cash wouldn't hurt, but if they are going to increase their value over time then it might not be smart to sell now.

They'll likely increase a bit more in price before hitting their max value. Keep in mind though that at some point, these older sets will become so outdated that many collectors will start to lose interest and focus on newer sets.

Also would it be best to sell them separately or as a collection?

Separately for sure, without a doubt. You'll get more potential buyers and thus you'll get more cash this way.