Robert8

Lego Batman spinoff will replace The LEGO Movie 2 in 2017

Nope, it's just going to make the sequel be pushed back, meaning that it will just come later. Anyway, I am very excited!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

mmmmmm... don't like this news...

Excerpt from the article:

"The Will Arnett-voiced Batman was one of the highlights of what was widely regarded as an all-around good movie, so the decision to focus a movie on him seems like a pretty great idea. Plus, everyone already loves Batman."

Really? Everybody? Well, I don't. Never been into superheroes.

Eh, not sure about this. As much as I loved Batman in The LEGO Movie, I just don't see how a movie based around him is such a good idea. I would rather see a movie based on one of LEGO's own IPs (*cough Bionicle cough*) rather than it's licenses. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

Really? I don't care for this. I don't really care for the LEGO Movie, and have little interest in its sequels, but this is really feeding into the "too much Batman" thing. They're overdoing it, I think...

Then again, Batman is always good. Here's hoping they go back to the Adam West format.

Edited by Borador

I don't know if this is a good idea... We are already getting 2 superheroes movies per year with Marvel and DC. Another superhero movie is no needed.

I'm wondering if this movie will get sets and a CMF series, like TLM1.

Would rather see a spin off around Benny or Metal Beard

I think the main characters of TLM1 could make an appearance in this one, a cameo at least.

Looks like we're going to have to wait for LM2 for quite a while, perhaps we will get the batmobile we wanted in a set for the Lego movie in a Batman movie set

mmmmmm... don't like this news...

Plus, everyone already loves Batman."

Really? Everybody? Well, I don't.

Couldn't agree more. I hate him, hate his inclusion in the lego movie, and hate, hate, hate this decision.

Couldn't agree more. I hate him, hate his inclusion in the lego movie, and hate, hate, hate this decision.

Well then don't watch the movie? Likely case scenario if it wasn't Batman it would be Unikitty getting her own movie... so TLM2 would be pushed back further anyway.

Well then don't watch the movie? Likely case scenario if it wasn't Batman it would be Unikitty getting her own movie... so TLM2 would be pushed back further anyway.

I really don't care about TLM2 being pushed back further a year or two. I can wait. I'm thinking more of my kids (and all of the other 6-8 kids thrilled with the movie). At the time TLM2 will be released, they're going to be 14 or 15, and sure they're going to have complete different interests. Right now, they're eager to watch TLM2. They're asking me for the sequel almost every week!

As long as it gets the same treatment as The Lego Movie animation-wise (and not the videogame cutscene animation.)

Since I'm a big fan of the DC Superheroes sets, that means a lot of Batman sets coming our way. Hooray :grin:

I've heard that pushing back TLM2 would actually allow the directors from the first movie to return, so I'm perfectly fine with waiting a little longer.

As much as I love Batman, like others, I am not so sure about this. It could be fun, especially with Arnett, Lord, and Miller returning, but as the original article points out, there has already been a Lego Batman movie and at least 3 videogames, so this feels a bit redundant. Also, I am not sure this particular characterization of the Dark Knight is suited for a spinoff. As the Hollywood Reporter says, Batman in TLM was "arrogant, dark, sarcastic and just too-cool-for-this-adventure." In other words, he was unlikeable to a hilarious degree, and while it was funny in TLM, I don't know if a whole movie centered around such an unlikeable character is a good idea. I think I would have rather seen a movie about Unikitty rebuilding her kingdom (but then again, maybe that's the plot of TLM2?). I guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out. At the very least, this will give them more time to work on TLM2 instead of rushing it out, which is probably a good thing.

Too much Batman. Next year I'll be buying only my first SH set (Green Lantern spaceship thing) and that would take the tally to 3 Batman minifigs despite having no Batman sets. Batman is pretty cool, but there is this thing called "overdoing it"

As the Hollywood Reporter says, Batman in TLM was "arrogant, dark, sarcastic and just too-cool-for-this-adventure."

One of those sounds awesome to me

Edited by Artanis I

I'm getting a little tired of all the Batman bashing. Some of us love Batman and welcome it all. I firmly believe that without Batman, and the popularity of Batman, we wouldn't be getting ANY superheroes. No Batman, no Hawkman. No Batman, no Cyborg. No Green Lantern, let alone Green Arrow. Get over it.

I'm getting a little tired of all the Batman bashing. Some of us love Batman and welcome it all. I firmly believe that without Batman, and the popularity of Batman, we wouldn't be getting ANY superheroes. No Batman, no Hawkman. No Batman, no Cyborg. No Green Lantern, let alone Green Arrow. Get over it.

That may be true of the DC heroes, but not of the entire superhero line. Lego Marvel is successful because of the Avengers. It doesn't owe anything to batman. So don't ask us to get over something when we've had enough of him.

I would rather see a movie based on one of LEGO's own IPs (*cough Bionicle cough*)

I think I would have rather seen a movie about Unikitty rebuilding her kingdom

Eventually...

I've heard that pushing back TLM2 would actually allow the directors from the first movie to return, so I'm perfectly fine with waiting a little longer.

Where did you hear this? That would be awesome.