CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

This thread is for discussing all possible new themes rumors. From now on, we'll try to only start a new thread when we get some sort of confirmation from Lego about a new line.

This first post will be reserved for possible future summarizing.

I dont really like this idea - imagine a group of people discussing one rumor, with their posts interspersed with those of another rumor, and maybe a third in between, etc. Chaos.

The LotR discussion, for example, works well enough, according to me. The LotR thread is a rumor thread, by virtue of the question mark in the thread name. I simply presume that when LotR is confirmed, a new thread will be started. (If the staff decides that the new evidence isnt definitve, they can merge the new thread with the rumor thread.)

A similar system could exist for any other license rumor - a speculation thread at first, and a "regular" thread if confirmed.

Edited by Ardelon

The Lord of the Rings thread will not be merged for the time being. I did say "from now on" didn't I?

The Minecraft discussion is somewhat different anyway since there is actual news from Lego on that front, namely it reaching it's goal on Cuuso. I think that is the kind of lead that warrants it's own discussion thread.

This thread is not for discussing the feasibility of this thread. Now back on topic. Hiyah! *whipping noises*

I haven't seen anyone else start a thread for this yet, so according to Smashing Bricks next year LEGO will release Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles key chains, and then we can assume sets will follow. I can't say the theme would interest me much, but if the minifigures are anything like some of the customizers here have created... :wub:

Edit: Sorry about the topic title, I'm used to typing Ninjago. :grin: If a mod could fix that, I'd be grateful. :sweet:

Edited by Superficial Username

Unless this is the grittier version, which I doubt, I can't say I'll be to interested. We may get some nice parts out of it though.

Darn it. I knew I should have made this topic earlier. :tongue:

Personally, I really think a TMNT theme is inevitable. It was bound to happen.

This theme certainly does have potential for some really neat pieces. We'll have to see how it all plays out. I'm not sure how excited I am about it, but it certainly does bring back memories of purchasing the Kenner action figures in 1989. The nostalgia might just suck me back in. Who knows?

Thanks for the info!

Until there is official confirmation of TMNT, this does not get it's own thread in this forum. I've merged it with it with the Rumor Mill. Discussion can continue here.

Eh, if these were true I don't think I'd buy them. I know nothing about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... but I am curious to see if this is true and what the finished product may look like.

I want to see pictures before I both believe and consider buying. I never really liked the TMNT series but they sound like an excuse for new pieces.

Sorry, but SERIOUSLY?! Freakin TMNT is supposed to get sets, but not Legend of Kora?? :damn: The upcoming series looks terrible, and the planned Michael Bay movie certainly doesn't sound any better. :sick: I know TMNT would probably be a more long lasting theme than LOK, but come on, LOK would be so much better as a theme! TMNT will just be Ninjago with turtles. :hmpf_bad: Maybe I'm biased because I haven't watched much TMNT, so I shouldn't be so quick to judge, and I must admit that if it does happen, I'd probably buy a set or two. We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Who knos maybe TMNT is going to replace Ninjago, if the rumor is true, but only time will show.

Actually, if Smashing Bricks is right, Ninjago will continue and probably coexist with TMNT. :wacko:

Sorry, but SERIOUSLY?! Freakin TMNT is supposed to get sets, but not Legend of Kora?? :damn: The upcoming series looks terrible, and the planned Michael Bay movie certainly doesn't sound any better. :sick: I know TMNT would probably be a more long lasting theme than LOK, but come on, LOK would be so much better as a theme! TMNT will just be Ninjago with turtles. :hmpf_bad: Maybe I'm biased because I haven't watched much TMNT, so I shouldn't be so quick to judge, and I must admit that if it does happen, I'd probably buy a set or two. We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Actually, if Smashing Bricks is right, Ninjago will continue and probably coexist with TMNT. :wacko:

TMNT is quite popular with young kids in the UK.

TMNT is nothing like Ninjago. Just because both have Ninja in the title does not make them similar. Ninjago has its crazy vehicles and skeleton/snake/who knows what's next villains. TMNT is usually set in the real world, with villains usually being other mutant creatures plus Shredder, a human. The style of sets would really not overlap very much.

It seems, though, that this would be a theme with a ton of those little baggies to open for figure parts. That's not exactly a problem, but I sure did get annoyed with all of the little bags in a few Toy Story sets! Still, I think this theme could have some terrific and unique minifgures.

Meh. I thought we were getting Lone Ranger sets.

-Sci

For anyone looking for where that rumor came from, look here. :wink:

Here is a sum up of rumored licensed themes:

-TMNT (since someone said that their local retail store is getting LEGO key chains of)

-The Lone Ranger (since someone said it was a rumor they heard)

-Phineas and Ferb (a board game listed on a retail site, but LEGO said that they were not making one)

Edited by just2good

TMNT is nothing like Ninjago. Just because both have Ninja in the title does not make them similar. Ninjago has its crazy vehicles and skeleton/snake/who knows what's next villains. TMNT is usually set in the real world, with villains usually being other mutant creatures plus Shredder, a human. The style of sets would really not overlap very much.

I have to disagree. TMNT has crazy vehicles....Turtle vans and Turtle Blimps and Terrordromes.

And Shredder...one human villian. Well, there were plenty of human villians over the years but even saying he was the main one...Shredder vs. Garmadon...I'll just say this:

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Multi-Arm/dp/B00013K7X6

So, even avoiding the whole 4 person ninja team with wise old master and just focusing on the window dressing they're pretty close.

-Tohst

I am going to be very unhappy if this supposed Ninja Turtles line is going to be based on the new film coming out.. because what I have read about it seems just silly.

Lone Ranger theme? I'd be thrilled with that, no matter what incarnation it was based on. :)

As stated in the original link to Smashing Bricks, the TMNT theme would most likely be a partnership with Nickelodeon, not Michael Bay's trainwreck Ninja Turtles film. (Which makes a heck of a lot more sense, and would be a cheaper partnership, I imagine.)

Edited by Miles