Ecclesiastes

Mitgardian Commerce

For a while this will be the last part of Ondylion and why not use it for the commerce challenge :wink:

Mitgardian Commerce

Providing Historica with the best

7520619488_fdb18e7679_z.jpg

7520619180_54ecfe505c_z.jpg

7520622204_6068307b6b_z.jpg

All the mountains in Mitgardia provide a lot of treasures. So mining is done a lot. Also in Ondylion, the best crystals, diamonds and other precious stones are sold here. Ondylion has the best quality, and as the Nocturnus have a weekness for shiny things. Ofcourse they pay a visist to Ondylion.

7520620976_ac0a00f5d9_z.jpg

Nothing tastes better than a tender Ondylion steak. So a lot of Avalonians come here to get some. And it's not just the steak, also the chicken is outstanding.

7520620020_b796b6bc42_z.jpg

And well, people from Kaliphlin like to come here to cool off. And checking out the Mitgardian girls, but they will never admit that! :tongue:

7520621742_6982136bc9_m.jpg7520620432_6f04ea23a0_m.jpg7520621436_8fbed49089_m.jpg

Other inside views

Better photo's: Flickr

Nice! This will be a hard one to beat in the Commerce challenge.

Lots of nice details The jewelers magnifying glass on the work bench is great and I was thinking of doing a butcher for my town of Circardia so some nice ideas I might have to borrow as well

And well, people from Kaliphlin like to come here to cool off. And checking out the Mitgardian girls, but they will never admit that! :tongue:\

WHAT? We'd never do that! :sing:

Ooh...she does have a pretty...dress... :tongue:

Mitgardia certainly has some impressive builders. I love the use of brown flowers on the...I think it's the jewelers place.

Really great! :thumbup: I love the functional interiors, and the minifigures are perfect. Colors are smooth and pleasant to look at and your recognizable style shines through.

Ecclesiastes strikes again! I also really like the way you used the brown flowers :thumbup:

And the interiors are excellent, I especially like the butcher shop.

Glad to see another Mitgardian entry :classic:

Make sure you post a link to this thread in the commerce challenge topic :wink:

Edited by soccerkid6

Excellent work as always, so much to see and so much for the minifigs to do. My favorite thing is the butcher shop, though I can't say why, I just love it! Also the last photo is really great, love the posing :laugh:

I really like the meat house! Nice touch with the Kaliphlinians checking out the Mitgardian girl! The sloped road is another element that makes this MOC stand out.:thumbup:

I love the interiors, the tension shelves in the butcher :thumbup: , and I'm always biased towards hills! Really nice MOC all round.

ah crud this will be hard to beet! very nice build, loving the details like the shelf and the red-brown flower bits on the corner of the building :wub:

now I know what all those kaliphites where doing last time I visited the fine land of mitgardia! :hmpf:

For my personal taste you are showing too many studs in the interior. I don't get why you laid down tiles in one part of it but didn't do so in the other parts (butcher shop for example). Also the surrounding is a little undemanding. I think you throw this together in a rush. If this had been built by almost any other builder I would say it a cool MOC with nice ideas, but since it's you I think you normally do much better and stayed under your level here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way!

I LOVE your detailing! The meat rack and shelving in the Butcher, and the "Magnifying Glass" in the Jeweler are classic and very "official" looking. They look like you just took them out of a Modular Building set and placed them here!

Also, loving the "flower brick" corners, and the chicken slaughter. hehehe

Certain aspects annoy me, though.

The "observation deck" in the right building w/ the Maiden looks like you just forgot to build an awesome window there.

Perhaps another gabled roof above a walkway with railing for her to await her Sailor Husband in?

Another thing, we never get to see the front doors! First impressions are crucial, especially when patronizing a business. Entrances are what attract customers, and I want to see that!

However, like everyone else has said, this is a great entry in the commerce challenge, and a hard one to beat!

Edited by Jason Cicchini

Thanks for the comments guys! :classic:

For my personal taste you are showing too many studs in the interior. I don't get why you laid down tiles in one part of it but didn't do so in the other parts (butcher shop for example). Also the surrounding is a little undemanding. I think you throw this together in a rush. If this had been built by almost any other builder I would say it a cool MOC with nice ideas, but since it's you I think you normally do much better and stayed under your level here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way!

Criticism is always welcome! But it is a little bit misplaced. Too many studs(I love studs!), well I don't see a reason to always use a tiled floor especially when minifigs have to stand there and with all the blood the butcher needs a stone floor. And the reason why the second floor has tiles, its because it holds the plates together! And yes I agree that does look good.

About the surrounding, it has to connect to the other parts so yes the presentation and so is much less as other parts of Ondylion.

I LOVE your detailing! The meat rack and shelving in the Butcher, and the "Magnifying Glass" in the Jeweler are classic and very "official" looking. They look like you just took them out of a Modular Building set and placed them here!

Also, loving the "flower brick" corners, and the chicken slaughter. hehehe

Certain aspects annoy me, though.

The "observation deck" in the right building w/ the Maiden looks like you just forgot to build an awesome window there.

Perhaps another gabled roof above a walkway with railing for her to await her Sailor Husband in?

Another thing, we never get to see the front doors! First impressions are crucial, especially when patronizing a business. Entrances are what attract customers, and I want to see that!

However, like everyone else has said, this is a great entry in the commerce challenge, and a hard one to beat!

About the "observation deck" it's kind of a balcony meets upper courtyard :wink: And in future builds I will show the door! Because you're totally right. Just to get an idea. It's just a tiled plate with a jumperplate with a flower brick as doorknob.

Edited by Ecclesiastes

How stereotypical! Not all Kaliphlins have a tulband on their head!! :laugh:

But I forgive you as I love this MOC!! It is stupid to describe every detail I find great, as this list would be endless :sweet:

@Meph I have to agree with you. The lack of finished roof on the one building was also something I didn't expect to see from someone with a moc expert tag. I also agree on the rushed feeling that you mentioned.

@Ecclesiastes Your one of my favorite builder's. I love your moc's but this one is not your best in any way. Please, forgive me. I still love your moc's. This is for a contest entry so I can't play favorite's. I have to call it fair. I'm a fair guy.

You strike once again my dear Ecc!

Nice to see that you have slanted the road, giving it a more intresting look! Those corners with the reddish brown floers are a great touch!

An intresting discussion regarding studs or no studs. The lego building evolution surely goes to no studs visible but I like mocs that keeps the studs! In some cases tiles or snot are great but I prefer mocs that looks like Lego (which means studs showing)

Very nice MOC. I like the interguildism in your MOC. I also like the mummies. Good job!

Great commerce entry Ecclesiastes! I really like the slanted road and the interior details. I don't mind the studs showing so much, but in certain instances the uniformity of the exposed studs is somewhat at odds with the surrounding detail - a good example is the floor of the butcher's shop. It's a easy fix though with a few tiles for raised flagstones. I also agree with the previous comments about the balcony - some supporting beams just below the roofline seem in order. :thumbup:

Still, it feels churlish to nitpick considering the rate at which you produce great builds, and this one certainly has a lot of life in it! I really hope it joins up with some more mocs to create a city block, that would be something to see. :thumbup:

Edited by gabe