Saint

MOC : Landraider MK I

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey Eurobricks ! :cry_happy:

landraider4.jpg_thumb.jpg

I've been building/planning this model for a long time , and I'm proud to show you the first picture's of my Landraider MK I :classic: .

The model itself is based on the Warhammer 40K landraider, but with a twist, I wanted to get the figs in and out through the ramp, so I had to downsize the cannons on top. the side mounted cannons are a bit on the flimsy side, but have the fire arc of 180 degrees, so much bigger than that is not yet possible . Mind that it is a work in progress, hence the MK I version.

The main build was pretty straight forward, some technic beams for support and the new beams for the wheels sprockets. I really wanted to get the "I'm a big machine and nothing can hurt me" feeling :laugh: .

Also, I wanted something of an inner work, with the option of adding PF functions on a later stage ( I removed them because I wasn't happy about them, the weight / power ratio was off and the balance was also lost ), but without a real inner work.

I think I captured the "bulldog style" front rather well . tweeked it with some chains .

C& C are always welcome , sorry for the blurry picture's , I build MOC's , I don't take a lot of picture's :blush:

click here for the folder .

Greetings , Saint

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow, absolutely awesome! Very nice work Saint! I really love the 40k universe and you captured this perfectly! I love how you did the side and top turrets, also all the details look really great! :thumbup:

It's been a long time since I played 40K, but I remember the Landraider well and this is an excellent recreation of it. The only thing that looks different to me is the size, but perhaps the Landraider has grown since I had one many years ago. To be honest though, I like the size of this because the plastic model I had always seemed small. The scale on this as compared to the minifigs seems better to me.

Wow, this is a mightily impressive creation Saint! Just the sheer massive size of that thing and the astounding amount of details are simply amazing. Although I think it would be better if you could actually post some select photos in your post (following EB's image size limits) for other members to fully appreciate your wonderful MOC. This topic might help you --> How to Deeplink and Post Photos. Again, outstanding work on this one! :thumbup:

Landraider deployed! :laugh: Wow, this is one mighty creation you've got here, Saint! I do like the giant exhaust pipes on the back, very cool. Your Imperial Guard troops certainly have some massive firepower backing them up now. :grin::thumbup:

LOL :laugh:

Thanks for the positive reactions !!

You'll be seeing the MK II very soon JunkstyleGio :classic: , I'm planning one with a more "crusader" like look .

Even now I'm thinking about some landspeeders, perhaps that first, don't know yet .

Grtz Saint