Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Check my Imperial Ship

Greetings Mr Erik, and congratulations for posting your first pirate related MOC!

bsb_1.jpg

bsb_2.jpg

The only way you're going to get bigger pictures is to change your camera's settings. If you enlarge the images through software then they'll probably pixellate or look extremely low quality. But we should have sufficient images to get a rough idea of what this MOC looks like.

However, I must ask what be this:

bsb_16.jpg

The Dutch name is: De Kleppende Klipper (try to say that, you English guys). It means something like Clattering Clipper. :wink:

The ship doesn't have a real story behind it, I just bought an Black Seas Barracuda, and I tried to make it bigger, and I have to say it: I'm pretty proud of my result! :closedeyes:

Anyway, the ship doesn't exist anymore. I've break down the ship.

I would be wondering why an Imperial Ship would have a Dutch name... An imperial ship with red coated soldiers usually indicates that is it of British origin.

Shame that you've already destroyed the ship though, but we'll just make do with the small images.. You say this MOC has no story behind it, but what is the signifigance of these images?

bsb_18.jpg

bsb_17.jpg

It appears there are soldiers rowing ashore, but why did you include this with your MOC? What is the meaning behind it?

I think "Kleppende Klipper" refers to this, Phes:

http://suskeenwiske.library.uu.nl/welcome....ensies/095.html

it's a story about a ghost ship called "Kleppende Klipper", which is a reference to the dutch "Flying Dutchman" a famous ghost ship of the 17th century, when the Dutch controled the oceans.... it's a brilliant book, however, impossible to get in your region of the world...

anyway, i like the ship! finally we have a ship that doesn't use the traditional hull pieces, but lots of brown pieces...

I like this MOC! I think it would look amazing in a boat yard as the depth of the hull seems too tall for the portion above the water line. That would be my only negative comment, and even then it is a minor issue when you see how well built the model is.

God Bless,

Nathan

I would be wondering why an Imperial Ship would have a Dutch name... An imperial ship with red coated soldiers usually indicates that is it of British origin.

Shame that you've already destroyed the ship though, but we'll just make do with the small images.. You say this MOC has no story behind it, but what is the signifigance of these images?

bsb_18.jpg

bsb_17.jpg

It appears there are soldiers rowing ashore, but why did you include this with your MOC? What is the meaning behind it?

I just thought it would be funny to add some other things except the big ship.

The little story is just that two soldiers are going to row away from the ship, to row to an island, for example. :smile:

I think "Kleppende Klipper" refers to this, Phes:

http://suskeenwiske.library.uu.nl/welcome....ensies/095.html

it's a story about a ghost ship called "Kleppende Klipper", which is a reference to the dutch "Flying Dutchman" a famous ghost ship of the 17th century, when the Dutch controled the oceans.... it's a brilliant book, however, impossible to get in your region of the world...

anyway, i like the ship! finally we have a ship that doesn't use the traditional hull pieces, but lots of brown pieces...

Thanks!

Yes, the name is from the Suske & Wiske line, I've got many books of these comics, and I like it, especially this one. I choosed for a Dutch name just because I'm Dutch, and because all the ships have an English name. It would be the same story as always.

I just thought it would be funny to add some other things except the big ship.

The little story is just that two soldiers are going to row away from the ship, to row to an island, for example. :smile:

Excellent, its always good to provide those little extra details as they make things that little bit more interesting. AND... I knew there was a story in there somewhere, I just had to work to get it out of :biggrin:

Good work to Count Sneffy and Mr Norro for their feedback but where's comments from everybody else? Remember, If you expect to recieve feedback on your MOCs then its only to provide feedback on other users MOCs.

Edited by mister_phes

I think it would look amazing in a boat yard as the depth of the hull seems too tall for the portion above the water line.

I don't think that's a problem since even official Lego models look a bit too much emerged above the waterline - just look at the rudder, shouldn't it be UNDER water's surface? Or perhaps we should assume that what we see is just the very top of the rudder which is in fact much bigger (and in fact they are quite big when you look at realistic non-lego ship models).

I choosed for a Dutch name just because I'm Dutch, and because all the ships have an English name.

Don't forget about De Rode Draak Mr Erik :biggrin:

Good work to Count Sneffy and Mr Norro for their feedback but where's comments from everybody else? Remember, If you expect to recieve feedback on your MOCs then its only to provide feedback on other users MOCs.

Ahhhh I understand why you do not post Mocs Phes :-D :tongue: !!! (hehe, when are you getting your cam ?? :wink: ).

Seriously, Erik this is quite a great Moc there !! I love the hull made in bricks and not the huge all made part :wink:

I love the front of the ship !!

bsb_3.jpg

I like the details that you included on the floor:

bsb_15.jpg

Great job Erik !!! Keep them coming !!!

Yoda

Ahhhh I understand why you do not post Mocs Phes :-D :tongue: !!! (hehe, when are you getting your cam ?? :wink: ).

I was looking at a High Definition Song Digital Video Camera today in fact. It only has a 3 megapixel still camera, but I'm not going to buy both at once so the 3MP built into the video camera will have to do for a while. If I end up getting that one.

I don't think that's a problem since even official Lego models look a bit too much emerged above the waterline - just look at the rudder, shouldn't it be UNDER water's surface? Or perhaps we should assume that what we see is just the very top of the rudder which is in fact much bigger (and in fact they are quite big when you look at realistic non-lego ship models).

I always assumed what we see was the very top of the rudder, just like we don't see the bottom of the hull.

I like this MOC a lot. The use of log walls is very original. The little details throughout the ship are well thought out and nice additions to the ship. The abundance of brown makes the ship very visually appealing. (I feel warm and fuzzy for some reason. X-D) The stern and bow are also great.

Where did this lad, Erik, run off to?

I like this MOC a lot. The use of log walls is very original.

Yes, that idea is very original, he must have stole it from me. :-P

dsc02483.jpg

Jiminy Crickets, that's a big picture!

I like this MOC a lot. The use of log walls is very original.

Yes, that idea is very original, he must have stole it from me. :-P

Prefabricated log walls, my dear, 007. ;-) Yours is a favorite of mine, though. There

It is? It doesn't exceed past the edge of the forum on my screen. Is there anyone else out there who thinks this pic is too big?

Prefabricated log walls, my dear, 007. ;-)

My dear?

Yours is a favorite of mine, though. There

It is? It doesn't exceed past the edge of the forum on my screen. Is there anyone else out there who thinks this pic is too big?

Hmm, it does on mine. How strange.

Prefabricated log walls, my dear, 007. ;-)

My dear?

Deary? :-P

Yours is a favorite of mine, though. There