Sign in to follow this  
welcomestranger

Emerald Night visits SharpyVille

Next stop in this majestic train's worldwide journey is SharpyVille! A new coat of canary yellow was applied to the station and a crowd gathered to witness this historic day. Even Mayor Sharpy was there, as always watched over by his loyal bodyguards, the Brothers Brick (that's Hans Brick, and Fritz Brick between you and me).

dsc00890_sml.jpg

Don't be late!

dsc00893_sml.jpg

There she sits in all her glory.

dsc00894_sml.jpg

And if the dreaded sticker sheet is anything to go by, there should be 2 more carriages to come: a second and third class, and the same DSS should be re-used just like with the Santa Fe sets.

I hope you enjoyed this quick look at SharpyVille. Construction is still underway, and more pics will be up soon...

Mayor Sharpy

Nice looking town there. How are you powering 10194 there?

Just by hand-power at the moment, but I think I'll use one of my spare 9V motors and replace one of the bogeys on the passenger carriage.. seems like the easiest way to do it without destroying the aesthetics of the engine.

...but I think I'll use one of my spare 9V motors and replace one of the bogeys on the passenger carriage...

I tried to do the same, and I wish you luck! But sadly I found it still wouldn't go around the corners - if that's because of its weight or its design I'm yet to discover. But some people seem to be able to power their train like that, I can't. :hmpf_bad: