Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

The Mask Trader

"Hi, ho, there ye noble gents and noble ladies! Do you intend to attend the Masquerade ball this Carnival season? If so then look ye here at the finest masks to ever be crafted. For the lady there, I have this beautiful white mask. You there my good man, do you favor the fearsome silver mask or the distinguished veterans mask?"

SAM_0029.jpg

SAM_0028.jpg

@SkaForHire- Is that Dugal MacLean there next to the mask display?

Great idea! nice scene and as Rogue said, great fountain and an original idea!

So nice, so great idea and so brilliant accomplished in putting the idea into bricks!

Love that fountain!

Cool idea! The way you attached the rope to the stand and the masks to the rope is excellent :thumbup:

Very nice entry, I am really pleased with all the entries the Commerce Challenge is getting :sweet:

@SkaForHire- Is that Dugal MacLean there next to the mask display?

Indeed, if the artist can be trusted, that could be Dugal. He is still missing, and this throws an even odder twist in the search for him. We thought he was lost in the desert, but if there is a chance he is out and about in the cities without contacting GEAR trading posts, we worry that he has either lost his memory or is executing a mission so secret that he could not tell his closest friends and relatives.

We will see. Thank you for sending us a copy of this painting.

-Petera MacLean

Nice vignette, great job on the fountain and the mask idea is also great!

I realized that did not comment on the MOC itself, doh.

I really like the fountain, and as always you come up with some very creative ideas to at to the rich Kaliphlin lore. I like the pallet you chose for this, it reminds me of a large open air market in a Marrakesh.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I really wanted to add some more backdrop to the scene but I knew if I didn't limit myself then this would have been added to my many shelves of incomplete MOCs. So before I started putting this together I chose the base to put it on. Then came the mask display which i tried several different ways to attach the rope. I salvaged the fountain from my castle which is in redesign stage. I thought several times about adding a small building or something but decided that I wanted the scene to be able to fit right in to a city of any of the guilds.

Indeed, if the artist can be trusted, that could be Dugal. He is still missing, and this throws an even odder twist in the search for him. We thought he was lost in the desert, but if there is a chance he is out and about in the cities without contacting GEAR trading posts, we worry that he has either lost his memory or is executing a mission so secret that he could not tell his closest friends and relatives.

We will see. Thank you for sending us a copy of this painting.

-Petera MacLean

I am almost sure it must be a secret mission as he looks quite pleased and doesn't seem confused as he should if he lost his memory.... With deGothia's mission to Mitgardia, it makes me wonder if Dugal is not up to something similar...

Lovely work and a very original idea Mikel! :thumbup: I love the mask rack, and the fountain is well done too. I especially like the way the curve of the fountain follows the curves in the front corners of the base. :classic: