Sign in to follow this  
Cutty

Forum proposition

After the discussion in the community concerns thread spawned some valuable insights I decided to propose a new forum where members might experience the now lost randomness of the old days.

Basically I have a sort of unmoderated forum in mind ("UnMod" for short), an idea which I basically "borrowed" from the ocremix.org forums.

The idea behind it is a place where anything is possible (though limited, s.below) and nothing is reprehended by mods.

As for limitations I think of the obvious X-rated sex themes and strong graphical violence (so no gangbangs or lynch parties for the masses!) While it seems to defeat the purpose of UnMod, it serves the destinction between grown up discussion of more explicit themes (which I personally only found in the now lost chat here) and utter vulgarity.

Chained with this would easily be the need for some age-checking beforehand. I see the danger of fraud here, and can not really think up a means to be sure of a members age (although a mandatory face-pic in a special thread could be helpful to determine one's age...). I think there are means to find here.

Additionally I sense the need for a minimum post threshold to be met, before a (new) member is allowed to post in UnMod. Perhaps 200 - 250 posts might be enough to be sure someone is going to stick around longer here. By the time a member reaches that threshold the other board members would most likely already have developed personal awareness of that community member (at least I hope so).

I see a need here to have a forum where people can get off topic and discuss matters that exceed the possibilities of a public community forum with a more rigid and "official" premise.

I hope I could spark some interest here.

Sincerely yours,

Cutty