Sign in to follow this  
Renderbricks

Photoreal LEGO Rendering: 10019 - Rebel Blockade Runner

Hi,

here's another fast test with the great 10019 set. I wished the LDRAW parts would match the LEGO CAD data perfectly. Looking close into the details some parts have little issues with different resolutions, special labels are missing and some parts are not 100% modeled like those "earphones". I need to find out why the bigger white 8-side-bricks have no hard edges and there's still a lot of research to do. But I am quite happy about the infinite possibilities. LEGO IS MORE.

Click the picture for the 8k version.

10019_Rebel_Blockade_Runner_v01_Front.jpg

10019_Rebel_Blockade_Runner_v01_Back.jpg

Edited by virtualrepublic

You just created the perfect wallpaper.

I am eagerly following your exploits with this rendering, and i must say that I am stunned again. It's incredible that things keep looking so real even when you zoom in. If in ten years this kind of software is available for us mortals, that will mean a big democratization of Lego, stimulating more and more people to MOC.

You mentionned those phone pieces being a little off, and you're right, I'm also a tiny bit bugged with those 2x2 round domes in the engine section. The polygon geometry is clearly visible against that background, creating a confusing pattern. But that's just so minor in such a large model, and I have to admit that I really went searching to find such 'faults' in this near-perfect render. I will never be happy again with what I produce, but don't let that stop you!

Thanks for the kind words. I took over the URL www.renderbricks.com and will use this for an intense wordpress portfolio later. And I have a great idea for some animation. But step by step. A lot of work to do. Fortunately my business is actually cooling down and I have time to work on this fascinating thing. Actually the rear view is rendering. Stay tuned for more awesome LEGONESS.

Edited by virtualrepublic

These images are fasinating because my brain says a real looking lego model can not hang in the air like a computer generated model, really outstanding stuff because not many people have made cgi look real.

That would be great to have all images in 1 spot/website. :thumbup:

Of course it's interesting to see all those Lego sets rendered, but what is even more interesting (in my opinion) is to see all kinds of (mostly Technic) mocs to be rendered. There are a lot of instructions for sale for Technic models and that means all of them have LDraw files, but sadly, most of the time the LDraw file is not shared (because the instructions have to be bought), although Blakbird has most of them. Maybe you can arrange something with him :grin:

Awesome render! The only things giving it away are the slightly misplaced antennas and the fact all the bricks are at the same total angle (like the engines). IRL there is always some round pieces at random angles.