Sign in to follow this  
sam89

System Knights Kingdom 2005

This is a scan from a leaflet in the 2005 megafig sets. Warning, it takes a long time to load:

http://www.brickish.org/members/files/HMil...gton/kk2005.jpg

kk2005.jpg

I'm not really that impressed. Here's what I think of each of the sets.

8873 - I'm not really sure what it is. Something with a buzz saw. Not really very impressive.

8874 - Doesn't look that great. It's OK but seems a bit messy.

8875 - Looks pretty good. Maybe a bit similar to Vladek's Battering ram, but at least it doesn't have cardboard on it now. I like the rock at the front.

8876 - Looks OK but too empty and boring.

8877 - Probably the best of the bunch. It looks very big.

Good points:

- Lots of horses

- Triangular shields

- Lots of Shadow Knights (I can see 9) :-D

- Vladek has new armour

They're alright I suppose, I just don't think i'll buy any. Although by looking at ClassicCastle.com lots of people like them.

Wow great find Sam, and yes i do like alot. Crome helmet and amor.

And wow the black carstle is great..........

Hm... I really like them more than the 2004 sets...

Buzz Saw: Its the load of a catapult... (Similar catapults on the big castle's walls)

New (?) accessories for horses: A shame that there isn't any additional thing for covering the whole body of the horses, but nice to see a start by the head-covering parts... (Especially in several colors)

8874: Nice parts (gates, horse + headgear, weapons, helmets,...), but nothing special

8876: sweet, the scorpion looks good from what I can see, and I like the hanging cage on the right...

Big Castle:

Pros:

- BURPs: two new brown ones AND the new smaller molds from the ice alpha team series in new brown

- Build on tan plates, no baseplates -> good! (IMO) ;)

- The buzz saw catapults look good ("realistic", at least in comparisson with the catapult from the small set)

- The big sloped pieces (Haven't any.... :'()

- Overall some cool parts like accessories, minifigs, windows, chains, gate doors....

Cons:

- The big bionicle swords at the entrance.... |-/

Overall: Nice set!!! :)

We must remeber this is probaly prototypes pics... like when we saw current sets for the first time. I think the Knights shields will be bigger, as they are now...

These are genuine and not prototypes. I scanned this from the back of the instructions of Lord Vladek which I bought in a UK TRU today. They had the other maxifigs too.

Huw

Cool, thanks for the bigger pics! You can now make out that all of the Knights have new armour, since they have they're animal on the front instead of the pattern. So for instance, Santis has a bear on the front now and Danju has a Wolf.

Yes thank you, :) i really look forward to theese set

maybe i should make an MOC Knight Transformation set, to exsplain why the knight suddenly look different, and got smaller shields ;)

Thanks for the pics Huw, I really think that the KK2 line for next year is ALOT better than this years.

Basically.. better figs (I love the smaller shields and the printed armour looks cool), there are more figs! (lots of shadow knights), the set look alot better (8874 reminds me of the old dragon master sets in the 90's), lots of new pieces (its not new really, but the chrome boulder on the battering ram looks great!)

So I am impressed, the only complaint (as Apo said) are those large bionicle swords, the bionicle style mask at the top of castle and the circular flame pieces. They really should be thrown back into the bionicle sets!

I can't wait for these to hit the shelves.. I may buy a few of the sets.. after the world city and 100 clone walker sets along with the rest of the star wars line. I had better start saving last year!! :P

Jon.

Ifind their weaponsmuch better than little armory ones :)

Considering the new knight kindim, those are lookiing god damn good ! especially the big castle ! And new helmets *satis*

I was hoping for a dose of the "new" story-line.

Though I guess some will be happy that Lego has produced some

"marshland" sets.

The only set I'll probably buy is the large Castle. It looks pricey, but

a very good decision to Include chrome armor (even though there

is only 3 sets) and Exclude the large one piece base-plate thingy....

:-D

boy, it feels good to post here. I was starting to get worried a great place

to post would be down for the count.

8-|

Thanks, Ben M.

Lol, thanks ! Don't worry, we won't let this place disappear. it was just a matter of time since I travelled two days after we were hacked :) But now everything is back so it should be ok for a while ;)

Yep, KK2 this year looks a lot better than last year. Last year's main problem was the lack of figs, doesn't look like a problem now.

I agree, especially concerning generic figs like vladek's fighters. And the castle looks really cool, as the small jail do.

I hope we will keep having improvements on this line *satis*

hmm, the castle looks like one of the mega blocks dragons castles.Are those shadow knights in CHROME armor!?! I wont be getting any of these, but they look cool.