Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now Redux - Day Six

Day6Banner.png

/ Day One / Day Two / Day Three / Day Four / Day Five

Late at night Lefsi Red-Shirt was keeping watch over the hall. Always eager to risk his life for the good of the einherjar, Lefsi had volunteered for sentry duty.

1_zps34a08590.jpg

He was disappointed that over the course of six days, no one had tried to kill him yet. However, his luck was about to change...

2_zps934df8ff.jpg

A shadowy figure crept up behind Lefsi and stabbed him in the neck.

3_zps528eba08.jpg

Across the room, Naemr Sledgehammer was just waking up after a rowdy night.

5_zps306a2a00.jpg

He awoke just in time to see the swordsman felling poor Lefsi.

6_zps03433d5a.jpg

Just when Naemr thought the horrors were over however, a second swordsman appeared.

7_zps432dcbb1.jpg

"I'm seeing double!" Naemr exclaimed, rubbing his eyes, "four swordsmen!"

8_zps80af51d8.jpg

The second figure closed in for the kill...

9_zps49d3cf9a.jpg

... And plunged their sword into Naemr's stomach. With his final breath, Naemr said, "this is lame..."

10_zps00d7a599.jpg

Having done their jobs, the two figures morphed back into the shadows.

11_zps55b51d0f.jpg

Morning arrived, and the hungover warriors stumbled into the hall.

12_zps252061b5.jpg

Harald was already waiting for them, ready to tell them the news.

13_zpsdc2cbdc5.jpg

"Lefsi Red-Shirt was one of the Einherjar," Harald said.

14_zps7d27b853.jpg

"So was Naemr Sledgehammer...

15_zps7723ae50.jpg

"Finn the Squinter however, was a Servant of Loki. We are fortunate to have convicted a servant yesterday. However, we must convict another one if we are to survive today..."

16_zps240b4830.jpg

Players

Non-Playable Characters:

Haral_zps9ccef917.png Harald

Thor_zps94b74664.png Thor

Living Players (7):

Mursi_zps836fc336.pngChief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)

Canut_zps4be7c644.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

Pat_zpscb26adaf.pngPatrekr the Red (Palathadric)

Willy_zps5a664a10.pngWilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

Snotra_zpsab3b0fb0.pngSnotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

Helga_zps0ce6d47c.pngHelga Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

Boi_zps449f3e2c.pngBaulf (Bob)

Dead Players (15):

Petr_zps5d48a370.jpgPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave84) - Einherjar - convicted, Day One

Tumi_zps88630c08.jpgTumi "Tumius Aximus" (Trumpetking) - Einherjar - killed, Day One

Kolgr_zps7a185168.jpgKolgrima the Deep-Minded (Kristel) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Chlod_zpsbe67afd1.jpgChlodochar (Captain Genaro) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Mist_zpsf3def1ce.jpgMist (Mencot) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Sigri_zpsdc1da88b.jpgSigrid (Sisco) - Einherjar - mod-killed, Day Two

Jarni_zps8cd4db7d.jpgJarni Child-Sparer (jamesn) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

Foog_zps8d7c7f02.jpgGofraid the Foog (Fugazi) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

Dufa_zpsb9d7a0bc.jpgDufa the Godless (def) - Servant of Loki - convicted, Day Three

Wary_zps8b2d7041.jpgWary the Black (Waterbrick Down) - Neutral - murdered, Night Three

Dags_zps30d8b9b3.jpgDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon) - Einherjar - convicted, Day Four

Ruri_zps28b6a2b9.jpgRurik the Bastard (Rick) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Four

Finn_zpsf2ff6ba2.jpgFinn the Squinter (fhomess) - Servant of Loki - convicted, Day Five

Lefsi_zpsf0e0f52a.jpgLefsi Red-Shirt (LegoDad) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Five

Naemr_zpsd8f6c0b5.jpgNaemr Sledgehammer (Captain Nemo) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Five

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and must not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

Harald blatantly told us it's lynch-or-lose. How the hell were there two kills last night? One step forward, two steps back. :wall:

I know what I think is happening. I don't see any reason to hold anything back at this point, but I'll confer with what's left of the Town block before blurting out all of my suspicions.

Patrekr, Baulf, and either Snotra or Wilhalm.

If the town block was really leading us on we would've lost already.

I agree with this.

We know now that Finn infiltrated two of the roles. According to Mursi, once Jarni was killed, Finn was left out of all Night Action conversations.

There's something to this two kill thing though.

7_zps432dcbb1.jpg

Two separate killers, same M.O. So it's not a motivator giving one killer two kills, it's two Scum killers. They're standing right next to each other. Am I right? That's really aggravating, Odin. We were hindered enough by the Einherjar hemorrhage of the first two days. We nabbed a clever Scum yesterday and the Scum jump back ahead by getting two kills. Why?

I call shenanigans. Dirty rotten shenanigans.

I don't know how they did it but I really hope they can't repeat it.

I don't think Harald would've told us it's lynch or lose if the Scum could kill two of us again tonight. Maybe Finn was a vengeful spirit?? But then why would it be blacked out... :sceptic: Shenanigans indeed.

Hold on. By the looks of it Naemr was tracking whoever the killer was. Maybe that has something to do with it? And if so, do we know who he was tracking last night?

Naemr was the blocker. Do you mean Lefsi? He was the watcher.

Naemr was the blocker. Do you mean Lefsi? He was the watcher.

No. Now I don't know what the hell I was thinking. :wacko:

We still can win this, yes. I'm just wondering if their two-kill thing has a chance to repeat and how we could prevent it.

It might be the only thing we can do is lynch scum and hope for the best.

This is just stupid. How were there two scum kills last night? I'm making the assumption that they were scum kills, since the second killer morphed off the first one and they both have the same M.O.

I just don't understand this one bit.

the second killer morphed off the first one

That's an interesting way to look at it. So maybe the Scum have a doubling ability? Sounds like something Loki could be capable of.

He awoke just in time to see the swordsman felling poor Lefsi.

6_zps03433d5a.jpg

If you look closely, you can see a second killer directly behind the first one.

Whoops, I forgot to remove some of the host text.

This is very intriguing. Just as when we thought that we have gotten some progress, and now we got 2 scummy kills. Not sure how the hell they did it. But it is not to our favour if they can pull it off again.

If the town block was really leading us on we would've lost already.

Why is that?

Town block as far as I know included Naemr and Lefsi, and they are dead. I'm sure the scum can count so they probably know who the investigator is at this point, but I'll leave it to you to explain it.

Still think Canute is the most suspicious one among us. I've said it before.

I kind of doubt the scum would get two kills at night anymore after this, because if they would it would likely mean that we are finished whether we lynch scum or not, but that doesn't seem to be the case from one Harald said.

Snotra, what exactly have you done to help at any point here?

Patrekr, why do you find him the most suspicious? Did he actively campaign to save a scum from the lynch?

Snotra, what exactly have you done to help at any point here?

You first.

Look. There are two possibilities here: A: The town block was compromised. Already questionable Day investigator refuses to tell me who they investigated yesterday now, so that's fun. I asked during the night, they didn't say anything. Maybe they figured the game would end? probably not, as that'd mean there'd be four scum, but since there is still a day, we know there are three. Possibility A says that Mursi, the Day investigator and person C are scum. Person C is most likely Canute, but could be someone else. I think I could figure that out by rereading things. Canute's reactions to being investigated were really really odd. There is also a distinct possibility he is a godfather, it would explain his weird reactions to being investigated. (What he did was questioning every move involved until the investigator told him) Likely, for a scum. Also from what I understand the way the investigator was told to investigate Canute was apparantly a bit odd. I wonder if Mursi pushed for that, although I think not, don't know if that was said. If it was Mursi, I'd say that'd mean Mursi and Canute are scum together. However, the day investigator gave us Finn, so how does that work? Answer, it doesn't, so that can't be right. The Day investigator is clear, Mursi and Canute are not.

Possibility B: The Town Block is still fine and the three scum are obvious, although I'd still like to hear what Canute is doing in the town block no matter what.

Of course the truth could be a combination. I have zero on everyone. Well played, scum.

Well, zero except for the day investigator, he's pretty clear.

This is just stupid. How were there two scum kills last night? I'm making the assumption that they were scum kills, since the second killer morphed off the first one and they both have the same M.O.

It's kinda funny how you say morphed, as in you have information to think that the second killer not just walked in but was in fact something special.

So basically what I would like is reasons why Canute and Mursi are supposed to be clear at this point.

No one has said that Canute is in the town block any more than you would be. He's at least trying to help, though, instead of continually saying stupid things to undermine the town.

No one in the "town block" is scum. Finn already knew about Lefsi and even freakin' announced it in thread yesterday. And everyone knew about Nemo. Trying to pin their deaths on me is asinine and most likely a scum tactic.

You, Snotra, are either a counter-productive idiot townie or a scum with a team that can manipulate investigator results.

Where have I ever said anything about pinning the deaths on you? I'm not saying their deaths are your fault, I'm just saying, haven't gotten anything from you to the contrary. I'm not the one constantly namecalling lately. I get called counter productive, idiot, scum, all the while you give no reasoning at all and keep twisting my words and twisting and twisting and laying things in my mouth like no body's business. It's quite annoying, actually.

You, Mursi, (I will join you in namecalling, you seem to like it, and I have no reason to think there's something wrong with your taste), seem to be either a scum that can't contain his emotions, or a super vindictive and arrogant townie while not doing very much whatsoever with a pretty damn high opinion of themselves.

Also, calling someone a counterproductive idiot is not going to help the town in making that person more clear, more helpful, generally. I speak from experience with such matters.

From what I was told, Mursi was the one who found something suspicious in a PM from Finn and that was what led to the investigation. I doubt Mursi would give up one of his own if they had two kills coming. Lynching Finn stopped the Scum from winning last night.

If there is a Godfather, I would suspect you, Snotra, before Canute. You resisted the Finn lynch. You, along with Dufa, were part of that weird theory that Sigrid must be Scum. And you're constantly trying to undermine the Town's progress, yet you want to know all the information from Night Actions. You try to stop any discussion about a framer or about them being able to switch the kills around. Why don't you want people talking about those things? And why do you need to know who the investigator targeted right when the night starts?

yet you want to know all the information from Night Actions.

I have never asked for any information about night actions, other than asking about the investigation which I was a part of, and that thing where it was suggested (by me, if I remember) openness would perhaps be good. I have never once tried to make my way into the town block while there was an investigation result on me, never once tried to look for roles/identities.

You try to stop any discussion about a framer or about them being able to switch the kills around.

Being able to switch kills around? What do you mean?

Want to have a discussion about a possible framer? Sure. Let's have it. There is a day investigator. Would that mean a day framer? There are five scum. Would one of them really be a Framer? Really? I don't think so. Framer is an incredibly niche role, most likely countered by a blocker and a godfather. Considering a framer as a distinct possibility is dumb and counterproductive.

You resisted the Finn lynch. You, along with Dufa, were part of that weird theory that Sigrid must be Scum.

Didn't resist it. Questioned it, with good reason. Sigrid was most likely scum. Turns out, she wasn't.

And why do you need to know who the investigator targeted right when the night starts?

Because the investigator could die in the night, and turns out, I didn't think very highly of the town block. Connect those dots?

What has Canute done to be so helpful? And I still have not received answers why he had to be investigated right then and there, where his odd behaviour following that came from, and wether or not it was Mursi that pushed for Canute to be investigated. These are important things.

And because we have no result yet, that leads me to believe either the investigator was blocked or another town result was gotten. Maybe on Mursi, which I don't think hadn't been investigated yet...? If one was gotten on someone else, that'd be a problem.

So this suspicious thing that Mursi found, could we get what that was? I'm just saying, if it was damning enough that the investigator could not talk itself out of a way of investigating Finn, there is another possibility.

Probably not, but still.

Mursi, you are a superdick. So basically what you are saying is vanilla townies should let the town block do any and all work and not dare and speak up against anything that is super suspicious to them. That´s dumb.

By the way what I said above is not quite right, I meant to say that an investigator is most likely countered by a Godfather and Blocker, not a Framer, and definitely not a Day Framer.

Why not Snotra, Baulf and Patrekr or Wilhalm? Or any other mutation of it. Why are Patrekr and Baulf confirmed scum according to you?

So according to me by the way, so there´s no confusion here, with Helga´s latest revelation about it being Mursi that found the suspicious Finn thing, that means according to me that Mursi is confirmed town. Investigator is pretty much confirmed, as I said earlier, there is the possibility the pressure would have been to great, but I don't see much reason for them not to lie if they were scum at that point, as they would have won if we had lynched a townie with the double kill last night and all. (is that right? I think so) I am town.

So that leaves Baulf, Patrekr, Wilhalm and Canute.

Canute I keep hoping there will be information coming about him, so far, no great success with that, but I'm a patient woman. That was a joke, I am not patient.

Wilhalm is still just as suspicious as he was before. I think I will go and try to look for connections between those four and Finn. I think Dufa would have been too sneaky to allow any connections between him and any other scum.

I have never asked for any information about night actions, other than asking about the investigation which I was a part of, and that thing where it was suggested (by me, if I remember) openness would perhaps be good. I have never once tried to make my way into the town block while there was an investigation result on me, never once tried to look for roles/identities.

I was referring to this:

I wouldn't know, even though I am investigated, I am somehow not in the town block. But what I do know is that the town block has yet to produce any results, really.

Maybe it's better to lay everything out in the open now. Remember that today's revelation came from the guy that had apparantly sorted the issue with the same person earlier.

Being able to switch kills around? What do you mean?

I mean this:

And "shifting their kill ability around"? That's positively rare enough that that should not be anyone's concern wether to do or not do certain things.

Want to have a discussion about a possible framer? Sure. Let's have it. There is a day investigator. Would that mean a day framer? There are five scum. Would one of them really be a Framer? Really? I don't think so. Framer is an incredibly niche role, most likely countered by a blocker and a godfather. Considering a framer as a distinct possibility is dumb and counterproductive.

Belittling what other people say is counter-productive. We've seen framers / tailors here many times. You bristle every time it's brought up. You started the day with a discussion about Canute being a Godfather. Why do you think there's a Godfather?

Because there's pretty much always a Godfather. And you'll see that your first point I referred to. I thought so, as said before, everyone knew about Naemr, Finn knew about Lefsi, only you were not known about (don't know if Mursi has a role, but I doubt it). So my plan would have been fine.

And how does the first of the quotes apply? That was a statement about the town block not being very helpful as far as I could see. Not an appeal to join it. :sick:

And the switching kills around? I still think that's something that sounds incredibly dumb. I stand by that.

I think if you compare the Godfather versus Framer appearances, the Godfather would win very, very comfortably.

I'm not saying that vanillas should keep quiet. But not one of your theories has helped in any way and most of them just tend to cast unfounded suspicion my way. In fact they've only pointed to people that aren't scum.

I believe in the day investigator but the second they get a result that helps us nail a scum, you'd rather we lynch the investigator. Why did you find the result on Finn that suspicious?

You were wrong about Sigrid. Even now you still say he was more likely scum. Why? The only other one that believed that so strongly was Dufa.

You keep after me and keep after me. You have no logical reason to do so. I think most people are more comfortable with me being town through my words and actions than you being town even though we have an investigation result on you.

In fact, the only time you've been nice at all to me this game was when we were lynching Dagstyr, a townie. Why'd that make you so happy?