Bonaparte

10224 Town Hall

Here's the 10224 Town Hall official press-release by LEGO:

10224 Town Hall

Ages 14+. 2,766 pieces.

US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 179.99 € UK 149.99 £ DK 1499 DKK

Keep the wheels of commerce turning with the authentic Town Hall!

This classic 3-storey town hall building is the latest addition to the LEGO® Modular Buildings series. This highly-detailed model features large entrance-way columns and coat of arms, a tall bell tower with clock and a large skylight giving a view inside the building. On the ground floor, the large hall, tax office and auditorium are perfect for servicing the town’s citizens. Take the working elevator up to the secretary and mayor's offices on the second floor, furnished eloquently with desks, chairs, paintings and even a frog sculpture. There’s even a balcony for addressing the town's citizens. On the third floor, a spacious meeting room features a large conference table, chairs, globe and plants. Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children.

• Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children

• Features painting, desks, chairs, sculpture, lamp, conference table, globe, plants and bench

• Functioning elevator with space for 2 minifigures and ladder access to roof

• Bell tower features bench and maintenance ladder

• Roof features skylight with view inside the building

• Measures 10” (25.5 cm) wide and 20” (50 cm) high

• Address the citizens from the balcony!

• Combine with other LEGO® Modular buildings like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10211 Grand Emporium!

townhall01.jpg

townhall02.jpg

townhall03.jpg

townhall04.jpg

townhall05.jpg

townhall06.jpg

townhall07.jpg

townhall08.jpg

townhall09.jpg

townhall10.jpg

townhall11.jpg

townhall12.jpg

townhall13.jpg

townhall14.jpg

townhall15.jpg

townhall16.jpg

townhall17.jpg

townhall18.jpg

townhall19.jpg

townhall20.jpg

townhall21.jpg

townhall22.jpg

townhall23.jpg

townhall24.jpg

That's an amazing model and it's presentation is excellent. I'm looking forward to building it some time soon. :sweet:

That is one lovely set. And an elevator, too? That is like an apple pie with ice cream, or whipped topping, or whatever you like on a pie. Two new torsos as well, too. That is one set I hope won't disappoint. :cry_happy:

Thank you Bonaparte for the quick response. Looking even beter than the first glimps. Lots of fine details. One can discuss the lift, but it's a nice feature. The price isn't that much higher than i expected. 180 euro is affordable. Gonna look great in my modular city. I now have a name for the new street i am creating with this modular, it's gonna be placed next to the Cafe Corner on Rathaus Strasse.

Awesome Set but... the price WTF.

with current rates:

DE 179.99 €

US $199.99 = 153,65 €

CA $249.99 = 191,88 €

UK 149.99 £ = 180,82 €

DK 1499 DKK = 201,67 €

Is there something wrong with me.. or does TLG not get pricing right.. and why do they have to add another 30 Frigging Euro's for a modular.. 150 Euro was f*cking expansive but this is going to be ridiculous.

Looks even better now that I've seen more details. :thumbup: Home run all the way Lego! Not crazy about the price, but it is much larger and very nice. I guess not much you can do about that. It wouldn't be as nice if it was a lower price.

Am I the only one that feels the Lego designer giving the presentation kind of looks a little like Kirsten Dunst :wub:

Awesome Set but... the price WTF.

with current rates:

DE 179.99 €

US $199.99 = 153,65 €

CA $249.99 = 191,88 €

UK 149.99 £ = 180,82 €

DK 1499 DKK = 201,67 €

Is there something wrong with me.. or does TLG not get pricing right.. and why do they have to add another 30 Frigging Euro's for a modular.. 150 Euro was f*cking expansive but this is going to be ridiculous.

When you look what you get, it is not al that expencive. Look at wat ordinary city sets cost. A smal Smart Car will cost you 5 euro, and that is the cheapest model in the line. A simple minifig (collectable or not) 2 euro. Let's face it: Lego is expencive. It's the fun while building that counts. Seeing a model getting bigger and bigger step by step. That's the fun. If you go to a soccer game, you pay top Euro to for about 2 hours of debatable pleasure (but that's of topic)

New part on the windows? the wheel arches dont seem to be perfectly round... more ellipsoid

And great designer - we should see more women designers on these videos. Skylights will be great for 'Santa Fe Super Domes'.

Edited by roamingstudio

New part on the windows? the wheel arches dont seem to be perfectly round... more ellipsoid

And great designer - we should see more women designers on these videos. Skylights will be great for 'Santa Fe Super Domes'.

Yes, and the new 1x1 round she showed near the end of video, which are flat, are great. We first found them in some NinjaGO, then some green ones in Friends Olivia's Workshop. They just provide a bit more snotty look than traditional 1x1 rounds :thumbup:

Can't wait to get all that dark orange. All-in-all, what a great new Modular set! :wub:

This looks fantastic! Though I'm a bit concerned about the lack of safety features around the Lift (Elevator). I can see many poor minifigs plunging to their deaths. :)

I'm going to have to start saving my pennies for this one....

Great addition to the Modular Building series.

The mayor has great printing - button down shirt collars :)

But I don't like the groom. He's wearing a top hat and a sleeve-less jacket. Is that a danish tradition? Or is he just sloppy, as his loose tie knot indicates?

Even though it's still a fantastic price per piece, it's more than I can afford at the moment. The video seemed to imply that this was sort of a one-off in terms of size, though, so I do hope the next modular will be back down to $150 USD.

(Speaking of, isn't it about time for speculation about the next modular? :tongue: )

Those 1x1s are wondrous pieces! Elevator?! (though open form) and the skylights :wub:. I'll give the price a break considering the size and mini-fig count.

On a side note, anyone know what the Victorian gothic style building is in the video in the beginning right after R2?

Edited by alienwar9

This is by far the best-looking designer I've seen thus far. Wonderful!

Oh, yeah, and the modular is great, too. Can't wait to get my hands on that :)

Am I the only one that feels the Lego designer giving the presentation kind of looks a little like Kirsten Dunst

Nope, I was thinking that as well :classic: . Very nice set, whether I'd be allowed to get it is another story!! (might be able to get it as a wedding present perhaps!). I like the skylights, which now makes me want to change the ones I've got on my MOC.

Finally, the long awaited press release! And the inside looks great! I love the mayor's outfit, his office chair is nice, too. I haev to say, I'm not as upset about the higher price now that I've seen what we get; let's face it, a higher piece count would eventually result in a higher price. I can see why people are upset about the varying exchange rates if you do the math, but I guess that's TLG's way of dealing with a variable factor they can't control (i.e., currency exchange rates).

Though I'm a bit concerned about the lack of safety features around the Lift (Elevator). I can see many poor minifigs plunging to their deaths. :)

:wink: Yes, or get their arms or heads jammed as there is no inside cabin door. Well, I guess that'll put the new 4431 Ambulance to use. :tongue:

(Speaking of, isn't it about time for speculation about the next modular? :tongue: )

Well if you look closely at the beginning of the video, you can see a building standing off to the side ... left side on the table. I'm not sure if that could be a teaser as to the next modular?

I wonder if the designer lady is still single ... :wub::tongue:

I know it doesn't make sense at all but my first impression when the video started was: oh... it was not designed by Jamie :(

It makes me downgrade the model a bit which I know doesn't make sense, but still I regret the fact Jamie did not design it.

Does anyone know why?

Is he leaving the series he helped setting up or was it just Astrid doing this specific model?

Still the set is amazing, don't get me wrong. It just seem to lack some of the creative gimmicks and building techniques Jamie is know for...

I know it doesn't make sense at all but my first impression when the video started was: oh... it was not designed by Jamie :(

Although she might be the set designer, it's very obvious that this set is heavily based on the Town Hall Jamie Berard built back in 2007. So he might not be the main designer on it, but there's no doubt that his influence has played a big part.

Whelll... I see a large R2D2, a kind of spooky halloween house, but these are positioned alongside other designers...

Very nice and definitely something I would want to get.

I noticed two things though in the video.

During the intro, in the left corner there is one short clip on a R2D2 unit... could this be the R2D2 UCS that is rumored this year?

There is also a short clip of another house, looks like a modular'ish abandoned house of sorts. Part of the new ghost series or another upcoming modular?

I like it, but I don't love it. The higher price tag, coupled with the relatively drab exterior (except for the front entrance, which is very nice), is going to make this the first Modular set that I'm skipping.

Look to your left once the video begins!!

A new model size R2-D2 and the next Modular House model!!!

I guess it is not a modular house, but it is a haunted house with 2 ghosts flying around (as you can see) ... I do not have any idea which theme or series could have this new unknown Exclusive set though...

6886637917_22525d3c24_z.jpg

Edited by Alywin