Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Some changes to the forum layout

The staff has done some more structural changes to the forum layout besides Sci-Fi which was announced a bit earlier by Siegfried.

LEGO History & Adventure has been split into LEGO Historic Themes (Castle, Ninja, Vikings, Wild West) and LEGO Action Themes (Adventurers, Agents, Alpha Team, Aquazone, Dino 2010 / Dino Attack, Power Miners, Rock Raiders, Time Cruisers). Split is maybe not the correct word because the new LEGO Action Themes forum also contains Agents, Power Miners, ... . Have a look for yourself :wink:

You shall also notice a few forums now being in a different category (Lego General Discussion and News AND Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds). This is all part of a rationalization which the staff worked on these past few weeks.

What more can you expect over the coming weeks/months? Besides exiting new graphics for some of the theme forums we'll launch one new forum and one new sub-forum. But you'll find out more about that when it happens :sweet:

Well, I noticed BSTF had moved, General Discussion had moved, Space & Mecha had been renamed but I didn't notice the new forums :sweet: Now Star Wars is second from the bottom!

Could we get a hint for the new forum? :skull: Like, if it was Indiana Jones you could give the hint Fedora.

Could we get a hint for the new forum? :skull: Like, if it was Indiana Jones you could give the hint Fedora.

Indy is firmly planted in Licensed, so stop eyeing his fedora. No, that was not a clue. :laugh:

Indy is firmly planted in Licensed, so stop eyeing his fedora. No, that was not a clue. :laugh:

:tongue:

Nice little restructuring. I noticed that something was missing under the "Special Interests" tab, but it took me a while to find out what. I like the switch from space and mecha to sci-fi, that should help the futuristic MOCers have a place to post their stuff. I also like the idea that we have one forum for the "core" history themes and then one for the adventure ones.

we'll launch one new forum and one new sub-forum.

Please, I'll do anything, just tell me its not Fabuland based :tongue:

All of these changes sound really good and its nice to see what goes on behind closed doors once in a while. :classic:

Oooh, :look: That was an example.

Let me give another. If it was Power Miners, the clue could be Drill

And don't respond with "Power Miners is firmly planted in All Action themes, so stop eyeing their awesome drills." :laugh:

Let me give another. If it was Power Miners, the clue could be Drill

And don't respond with "Power Miners is firmly planted in All Action themes, so stop eyeing their awesome drills." :laugh:

Power Miners will firmly plant their awesome drills in your ... :devil:

All right, you've earned a clue for making me laugh, but then you aren't allowed to guess anymore, so this is it...

The new forum will be dedicated to creative pursuits.

Yes, I know, that could mean just about anything on a site about a building toy, but that's all the clue you get. :tongue:

What about lego military? Where do I post those mocs?

Is it still under "Other Themes" or is it in "Lego Adventure?"

Thanks

Infomaniac

P.S. I love the fact that you've included power miners into it's own category (sort of) I was always confused as to where to post those mocs.

What about lego military? Where do I post those mocs?

Is it still under "Other Themes" or is it in "Lego Adventure?"

Still "Other Themes" as there has never been an official real military theme, despite several themes offering small numbers of military figures.

Speaking of which, where will something like the new games range sit? Still in Other Themes? (That unloved child!)

And will there be staff changes to assist in running all these shiny new forums?

Speaking of which, where will something like the new games range sit? Still in Other Themes? (That unloved child!)

You think of Other Themes like I do, which is one reason for these changes, to save some themes from it. I don't know where the new games will go, it seems silly to break them up by theme... we'll figure something out. Do you have any ideas?

And will there be staff changes to assist in running all these shiny new forums?

All the mods are being made admins, right after the mutiny, I hear. :grin:

You think of Other Themes like I do, which is one reason for these changes, to save some themes from it.

As Schmelt's alter ego, I look forward to the day that the endless reams of kitchen accessory products released by TLG are recognised as a valid subtheme in themselves :grin: I'm surprised we don't see more MOCs utilising the potential of frozen icy-pole figs, deformed yet flexible moulded cakes in Duplo scale, Belville Arctic landscapes built entirely from butterflies and love hearts, or Brick Testament like parables where ordinary minifigs worship the oversized kitchen scale god and his enormous, leering visage. If even cutlery can hold moulded studs, where does it end? :laugh:

The new games range may well end up in Other Themes, but if the focus is specific enough, and the theme innovative enough, maybe it could sit somewhere alongside the other gaming forums, even if traditionally they wouldn't go together. I guess we'll see how much innovation and inspiration we see from the board game format, but the early buzz seems positive.

That could mean anything, Uncle Shadows! :laugh:

Nah, I can wait.

I'll just sit here in a dark corner. :grin:

Edited by Strikerâ„¢

This is a welcome change but to me it still begs the question, Where does Steampunk go, Action themes or Other Themes?

This is a welcome change but to me it still begs the question, Where does Steampunk go, Action themes or Other Themes?

Sci-fi. :wink:

I quote Siegfried, our most favorite walrus:

All LEGO space themes, including Space Police

Mecha (Exo-force or not)

Steampunk (Past, Present and Future)

Post Apocalyptic

Zombie

MOCs (and some sets) based around real spacecraft

Any movie, game or TV show that isn't an official license but is generally promoted as Sci-Fi

Edited by Strikerâ„¢

Am I the only one not excited by this change? :sceptic: I know the staff has worked hard on these movements, and I don't mean to be rude, but wasn't it fine the way it was? The change to Sci-Fi was a great idea, but splitting up the History and Adventure form makes it kind of confusing. I'm sure I'll get used to it sooner or later, but I think that the themes were fine how they were. Power Miners was the only theme that didn't fit in with a forum, but I thought it was fine in Other Themes.

Again, I mean no offense to the staff who has worked so hard on this, these are just my personal views that I wanted to express.

That's going to drive me crazy. :hmpf::tongue:

I'm not a big fan of change. Though I do think the old history forum was getting too big. But I don't like Johnny Thunder being lumped in with those other goofy themes...

As to our clue, 'creative pursuits'

Maybe its a Creator forum?

Or is there something with the initials CP?

Steve

I just want to be clear on this, where would I post my Halo MOCs? Sci-fi or Other themes? I used to post them in other themes, but now the description does not say 'Other non-theme specific MOCs.'

Something with the initials CP....

I see Bonaparte listened to my suggestion to call it action themes. Glad I can make a difference. Do you guys agree that it is better than adventure themes?

I see Bonaparte listened to my suggestion to call it action themes. Glad I can make a difference. Do you guys agree that it is better than adventure themes?

Yes adventure seems like it is only the Adventurers line not all the others too.

I appreciate the changes. I'm glad Agents has been moved out of Town and Trains, it seemed out of place there. The split between History and Adventure is also well done, as there was a lot of themes that fell into the old forum's category.

I think this is a wise move. The action themes is a brilliant idea, most of those themes never fit in anywhere else. The only thing I would adjust, would be to include Adventurers with the History forum. I always think of old Johnny as a history theme, as he's an archaeologist.