Would it be possible to change the EB banner, as it has gone way beyond the festive season.... :classic:

thanks

CB

Edited by CamelBoy68

You're right. Valentine's has passed and the main banner's still stuck in the Holidays. I'd like to see a Top Gear-themed banner, with sigfigs of EB members as part of the audience and Jim as the Admin in a Reasonably-Priced Car.

I suppose this is the winter banner (despite being holiday themed). We'll get a new one around March 20 (spring equinox)

Edited by Robert8

I suppose this is the winter banner (despite being holiday themed). We'll get a new one around March 20 (spring equinox)

It's definitely Christmas themed, it features elves and both Mr and Mrs Claus... The only wintery and non-Christmasy bit is the snow and even thats arguable ;) Its a nice banner though, but I think something related to the recent set releases/Marvel stuff would be good.

Yes, but the meteorological spring starts at March 1st. Unfortunately this banner is outdated (and not for the first time). I think EB should change the banners earlier.

Edited by Robert_88

Yes, but the meteorological spring starts at March 1st. Unfortunately this banner is outdated (and not for the first time). I think EB should change the banners earlier.

Well... I think you could be right. But I love this banner so it doesn't bother me :classic:

By the way, cool name Robert_88 :wink:

Edited by Robert8

Yes, but the astronomical spring starts at March 20th (spring equinox). And the actual spring will start when the weather finally wises up. This banner is not outdated yet.

Patience, young grasshoppers. Spring will happen in due time. Local forecast for tomorrow--wet snow. :angry:

Patience, young grasshoppers. Spring will happen in due time. Local forecast for tomorrow--wet snow. :angry:

Ah, the difference between temperate-climate citizens and tropical-climate citizens. And if you don't want too much snow, send some here! Our farms badly need it.

How so?

It kind of makes the site look like its on auto-pilot, no one really keeping it up to date, and we know that is not the case...It is now Spring after all... and the seasons seems to have been the theme for the banner...

If the forum was on autopilot then the banner would have changed bang on the dot of the midnight between January/March :wink:

Thoughtful and considered banners; lovingly crafted for the enjoyment of all, take a lot of time. As does re-skinning the forum to match

I think someone has to go around and make the edits to point to a spring banner graphics. In a way I'm glad I no longer work as a webmaster. Too many demands from management and customers. :classic:

Ah, the difference between temperate-climate citizens and tropical-climate citizens. And if you don't want too much snow, send some here! Our farms badly need it.

Hope you're not experiencing El-Nino type drought.

It snowed today so the current banner with snow flakes is what it looks here in the great white north. :laugh:

'Change the Banner, or Ban the Changer!'

Sorry, 't was too inviting not to do... :grin:

I'm sure it'll be done soon... and if not, winter will be back at some point... just realizing, I'm having that same issue with my winter tires :blush:

'Keep calm and brick on!'

Hope you're not experiencing El-Nino type drought.

It's coming. That much I'm certain. And last time there was an El Nino here, jack____ came in packing winds of 130 mph.

'Change the Banner, or Ban the Changer!'

Sorry, 't was too inviting not to do... :grin:

I'm sure it'll be done soon... and if not, winter will be back at some point...

"Even a stopped banner is right 88 days a year"

"Even a stopped banner is right 88 days a year"

Exactly! Like a 'two-times-a-day-precise' broken clock... it's gotta count for something, right?! :wink:

Yay, new banner..kind of scary looking though...LOL

"Spring Clean: The Slasher Flick. Starring Barry the Bunny.