• 6280 Armada Flagship

For those who don't own the ships, here are some pictures

6274 Caribbean Clipper

6274-1.jpg

6271 Imperial Flagship

6271-1.jpg

6280 Armada Flagship

6280-1.jpg

Feel free to post your voting reasons and opinions on these ships. Even rank them in order of which you like the most to least. Say why you hate every single one of them!

My personal opinions will come later...

Review/Discuss/Critique!

Damn, clicked the wrong button by accident... :$

So add one imaginary vote to the second option... ;)

I voted, after some hesitation, for the Carrabean Clipper.

I like the proportion of the ship better (especially the back part)

The only one I have is the Armada Flagship which comes in the 3rd place (I'm only talking about ships and not minifigs) ;)

The Clipper for sure. It was my first pirate ship. My grandma got it for me for Christmas the last Christmas before she passed away.

Steve

The Clipper for sure. It was my first pirate ship. My grandma got it for me for Christmas the last Christmas before she passed away.

Steve

Sorry to hear that.

Sentimental value is by far the most significant and important factor.

The Armada Flagship isn't recieving too much attention! I do think its the prettiest of the bunch however.

Wow, the first time I read the topic title, I thought maybe this guy was talking about ships other than the Pirate theme, preferably from Town or something else. I was getting ready to vote the Maersk Cargo Ship.

HAAAAAA HAAAAA!!! My strategy to draw people interested in other themes works!

Though, those smart enough may be able to deduce that since this thread is in the LEGO Castle & Pirates sub forum, it may indeed be Pirate theme related.

Nice cannons? Its got the same number and type of cannons as the Caribbean Clipper does.

Not entirely! The flaps are on the top instead of the bottom - more realistic and better-looking.

You may note that flaps and cannons are two seperate entities. Therefore the Caribbean Clipper cannons arethe same in type and quantity as the Imperial Flagship. HOWEVER...... GRRRRR... AAAAAAARG!!! I perfer the Imperial Flagship's flaps and its a wonder I haven't done the same to the flaps on my spare Caribbean Clipper.

You may note that flaps and cannons are two seperate entities. Therefore the Caribbean Clipper cannons arethe same in type and quantity as the Imperial Flagship. HOWEVER...... GRRRRR... AAAAAAARG!!! I perfer the Imperial Flagship's flaps and its a wonder I haven't done the same to the flaps on my spare Caribbean Clipper.

When I say I prefer the cannons, I didn't mean the quantity or type of cannon, I meant how the cannons were used. ;)

I think the cannon system on the Imperial Flagship is best. Of course, the best were on the larger pirate ships...

I think it was the "Not entirely" you plonked in front of the "The flaps are on the top instead of the bottom - more realistic and better-looking." that threw the matter into a state of confusion.

And now to continue the noyance...

The cannons were the same on the big ships as they were on the same ships with the exception of the Armada Flagship which had a green cannon. Although for some reason the Northern American cannons didn't fire and the rest of world's cannons did.

They all look great...man I wish I would have went into the Pirates theme. I've always loved boats. Some people at school call me FOB (Fresh off the Boat). It basically means I'm an immigrant and that I like boats. It all started when I showed them a picture of a rented catamaran when I went to Cuba.

Nonetheless, the 6271 Imperial Flagship looks the best out of the bunch.

Yes I agree the Imperial Flagship looks the best and structurally probably is the best. The Caribbean Clipper looks like is missing a sail and I think the narrower hull suits the smaller ships better.

I voted for the carribean clipper because it has a nicer stern section.

If they would have designed the Imperial Flagship with a nicer stern, I

might have voted for that.

The jibbing on the Imperial Flagship is nicer and also a nicer "flap system"

above the cannons.

What also cost points, at least in my opinion, is the choice of colors used

on the Imperial Flagship. I found some of them distracting.

I loved the colors on the Armada Flagship (at least the hull section)

Blue and White. The added greens were a bit distracting and the single

canon makes this set hardly worth getting.

The only other redeeming factor for the Armada Flagship is the chrome

breastplate on the spaniard captain.

Ben Medinets

What's nice about the Armada Flagship is the collapsing back mast, the Spaniards, and I thought the green pieces added to the design of the ship. It also comes with little extras like a compass and a stationary lantern in the back.

I really don't remember the Imperial Flagship but the flags seem <insert that tiresome argument> (ship and figs are nice though).

What's interesting about the Clipper is that after building a few times, most of the clips on the flags (large and small) broke off. I never contacted Lego for replacements, but I still have the ship in good shape.

Did you encounter this with the older sets Phes?

Yes indeed. The clips on the flags seen to be the most fragile of all LEGO pieces and break quite easily if you're not careful. This can be very annoying as the printed flags aren't the most common piece so they're not usually cheap to replace.

Given the nature of the blue flaps on the Caribbean Clipper part of their functionality is to flip down to reveal the cannons. So if a child were to be playing with this set that's something they'd probably do frequently which would cause more wear on the clips.

However what I find most annoying is the flags on the stern, for the piece that connects them there is easily knocked off and it can be quite difficult to put back especially if you have large fingers.

You're lucky then! My blue cannon covers are a bit more worse for wear...

All my cannon covers are doing fine, what're you doing to your LEGO?

I really wish that I had replaced the flags several years ago when the set was new. I had a similar issue with the hands of the robot (battle droid arms) of the new Darth Vader Transformation. Just removing one of the hands, half the hand broke off. I hope none of my battle droids do the same thing.

You're lucky then!  My blue cannon covers are a bit more worse for wear...

All my cannon covers are doing fine, what're you doing to your LEGO?

Buying them off eBay where their past owners have obviously abused them!