eiker86

3677 Red Freight Train

c_3677_detail_1_800.jpg

Hi-resolution image posted by Grogall: July 1, 2011

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope im posting rigth now.

I found this train at LW 2011 between LEGO's own City.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eiker86/Sets/img_0342.jpg

im uploading more photos of the train and cars

car 1

car 2

utilyti vehicle to car 2

car 3 and car 2

Whole train

Ballast Loader

sorry if i should have posted this another place, didnt find any topic that fit in Train Tech

I think it is too soon for a new train set, but this is great to see how they worked out some of the details of this classic design. Looks like they've given the battery compartment a red-sticker siding. Thank you for posting!

I really think is a moc. Its to early to have another cargo train

There is a wide use of pieces released in 2010 and 2011, and no piece out of production.

This is very strange to be a MOC...

Interesting, thanks for the photos! I also can't imagine this to be released just one year after the last freight train – but who knows?

But the number is odd. (And not just in a mathematic sense. ;) ) 3677 is no typical train set number, but right between 1980's Fabuland stuff, so even if this is a set prototype (that rail eiker86 mentioned is intriguing), I guess it's rather a placeholder number – just to have a number on the engine to see how it looks like. (Or to fool the visitors. :) )

This is interesting. I like everything in this set seen so far, except for the engine. (Red is just not my color...) If this set is real, I'll buy it, I can always use more cars and equipment, just as long is it's not $180 USD like a certain other Freight Train. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, Thanks for the pictures, and here's hoping it's real!

EDIT: I just noticed the Coal loader... pure awesomeness! :wub:

Edited by Murdoch17

OhOhO.....elevator belt for coal...that's the future...and my present work....if that is a new set is very good for me;a connection between the new seaport and this with the belt conveyor for truck and train!!!default_thumbup.gif

Now I need more space and more Moneydefault_sing.gif

But the number is odd. (And not just in a mathematic sense. ;) ) 3677 is no typical train set number, but right between 1980's Fabuland stuff, so even if this is a set prototype (that rail eiker86 mentioned is intriguing), I guess it's rather a placeholder number – just to have a number on the engine to see how it looks like. (Or to fool the visitors. :) )

I can't vouch for the authenticity of the set, but the number itself is quite plausible. Some of the most recent 2011 City sets have been numbered smack-dab in the middle of what was previously Fabuland series, so 3677 (unused set number so far) is fair game for a City/Train set.

3648 Police Chase

3658 Police Helicopter

3661 Bank & Money Transfer

Edited by Fugazi

if you look close on the car 2 you can see 12v train track in DBG

First I thought this was a MOC, but your argument hits the nail on the head.

There has never been a track piece in dark bley. So I assume it IS a new set.

I never thought Lego would release a new cargo train so soon though. :look:

And, by the way, what is the small crane on car 2 good for? Don't tell me they want to lift the car with it...

Eiker68, where did you get the setnumber from? It is a strange number, like cimddwc posted.

Eiker68, where did you get the setnumber from?

I guess it's just the number on the engine.

The rail piece is the best clue in there that this may be a real set, but also the abundant use of 1 x 2 cheese slopes, including for the mirrors on the Unimog (a recent trend in City sets).

Eiker68, where did you get the setnumber from? It is a strange number, like cimddwc posted.

I think he is getting the set number based on the number printed on the engine.

Edit: sorry, a few minutes too slow

I also noticed a door/hinge piece on the engine. I've only got an EN and not really into trains, but is that a new piece? Also, the flat piece with the sticker is similar to a piece on the Star Wars T-6 Shuttle. Have those 2x2x2 containers been in brown before next to the service truck?

I do like the look of it and it would go very nicely with the Cargo Train.

Edited by MCNwakeboard

I think it must be a prototype. The stickers that we produce are better (that is in effect unfortunately also true for quite some previous LEGO sets. I also think that due to the 12V rail it must be really from TLG. But the rail repair car should be a train itself so it is not very accurate in real life. Normally the repair car has it's own motor and is not put in a train with a locomotive. At least not in Holland and Germany.

[update:]

I retract the comment about the sticker, I was mislead by the modified brick 1x1 with rail. But then I looked at the coal elevator. The stripes seem to be not equal and that is very untypical for an original LEGO set.

I think it's a legit TLG set with the red PF battery box. Not sure if it's a final design, but its hard trying to catch up with all these new sets since exiting the Dark Ages last Summer...

3648 Police Chase

3658 Police Helicopter

3661 Bank & Money Transfer

Ah, you're right, I forgot about those. Well, those are all limited/special editions (with a yellow edge on the box), so this would make sense indeed...

That's NO smegging MOC....that is a NEW set....has to be ! :grin:

Fact one - stickers.....notice they don't have white edges like mine or others sometimes do and they look genuine Lego style printing (warning strips and rail logo).

Fact two - some of the small parts used on the coal loader are new...look at the light mounts on the loader's roof 1x2 clip.

Fact three - if it was a MOC....it would have more trimings....more tiles....less studs....right fellow Train-tech's ! :wink:

We need the advice of our train master 'The Brickster'.

Since that numbering system 36-- means exclusive....store exclusive.....hopefully not TRU...poor supply and TRU-tax ! :look:

I'm going back to look closer again......Brick On ! :grin:

Okay, edit time......OMG !

Finally a new road/rail maintance truck......that totally tells me it's GENUINE - there's a boat on a rail car...different ! :wink:

Again, Brick On !

Edited by lightningtiger

I've been thinking.

This train may not be a cargo train but an service train.

If that is, then the coal loader wouldnt be a coal loader but a loader for ballast.

I've been thinking.

This train may not be a cargo train but an service train.

If that is, then the coal loader wouldnt be a coal loader but a loader for ballast.

You are so right, that's NO boat on that piece of rolling stock.....that's a simple ballast wagon. :sweet:

Plus no MOC'er would build so many of the same train, notice the complete one, the one minus it's service vehicle and the two loose freight cars eh ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Fact two - some of the small parts used on the coal loader are new...look at the light mounts on the loader's roof 1x2 clip.

The 1x2 plate with clip on top is in various 2011 sets so that's not definitive. Though the round profile bricks on the coal loader where ordinary round bricks might have been fine seems odd for a MOC. Also, at the back of the engine by the IR sensor it looks a lot like there are two 1x4 plates with two studs (again a newish part) but that's not been seen in red so far - hard to say for certain though, as other parts could be used to get the same effect.

I really hope it is a new set though, TLG would be being very kind to train fans if it is.

Edited by AndyC

Wow this is a nice surprise for my first break at work. :cry_happy:

It reminds me of the red loco from the start video of Lego Loco.

I agree with lightningtiger it looks like a rail repair train with MOW truck and the ballast car.

Then you have the box car for the equipment. I love the color of it! :blush:

I hope this another set for 2011 and with the Maersk train we're getting spoilled!

Now I just need to hit the jackpot to afford it all... :grin:

If you look closely at the engine you'll see the recharging point 4 studs back from that large disc. I can assume that there is gap in between 2 studs long to press the on/off button on the battery pack.

Man, this is almost more interesting than the 10219 and it's release is latter today isn't it ? :wink:

Keep on looking ! :grin:

OMG ! That bucket on the ballast wagon is that new top part in brown of the new space rocket in the city range ! *oh2*

Also on the maintance truck there is a sticker on a 2x1 tile on the front....which usually carries the set number, but sadly a minifig is blocking our view of it - hmm, backprinting on the railway worker....is that new or old ?

Back to looking even more closer......keep on looking ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger