cagri

Space Police 2009!

Mars Mission is over, say hello to "Space Patrol" !!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

New pics from Toy Fair from Flickr member JoelJohnson and Figures.com:

space_police_001.jpg

space_police_002.jpg

space_police_003.jpg

space_police_004.jpg

space_police_005.jpg

space_police_006.jpg

space_police_007.jpg

space_police_008.jpg

space_police_009.jpg

space_police_010.jpg

space_police_011.jpg

space_police_012.jpg

space_police_013.jpg

space_police_014.jpg

space_police_015.jpg

space_police_016.jpg

space_police_017.jpg

space_police_018.jpg

space_police_019.jpg

5969 - Squidman Escape

5970 - Freeze Ray Frenzy

5971 - Gold Heist

5972 - Container Heist

5973 - Hyperspeed Pursuit

5974 - Galactic Enforcer

(from an Australian retailers catalog)

Edit by Cagri:

Rest of the sets:

5979 - Maximum Security Transport

5980 - Sqidman's Pit Stop

8399 - K9 Robot

8400 - Speeder

Edit by Hinckley:

Thanks to mania3!

01-10-09_1210.jpg

01-10-09_1211.jpg

01-10-09_1212.jpg

01-10-09_1213.jpg

01-10-09_1214.jpg

01-10-09_1215.jpg

01-10-09_1216.jpg

Edit by WhiteFang

Thanks to legomilk and Darth_Legois!

5979 Max Security Transport

gallery_2351_21_1008.jpg

5980 Squidman's Pitstop

E_5702014536524.jpg

gallery_2351_21_16446.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang

Sorry for the delay, I was just swooshing my Galactic Mediator around naked. :grin: This is great news! Is it possible to get a scan?

Wow, stupendous news and quite stupendous set names too, thanks cagri! :thumbup:

If the set design´s as interesting as these names it could be really nice... :wub:

Sounds promissing! This first two sound kinda odd, but I can't wait for the last two! :cry_happy:

I think they were making more Batman, but they lost the lisence and made Space Patrol insted.

Really? :oh3::cry_sad: How do you know this?

Notice that I said 'I think' :hmpf_bad:

No, I mean how do you know that they lost the license?

Or does the "I think" apply to that too? In that case, what makes you think that?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

No, I mean how do you know that they lost the license?

Or does the "I think" apply to that too? In that case, what makes you think that?

No Bat-Sets next year.

Mars Mission is over, say hello to "Space Patrol" !!

5969 - Squidman Escape

5970 - Freeze Ray Frenzy

5971 - Gold Heist

5972 - Container Heist

5973 - Hyperspeed Pursuit

5974 - Galactic Enforcer

(from an Australian retailers catalog)

Australian Retailers catalog? :oh3::look: Since when do Aussies know before the rest of the world? Anyway thanks for the info im sure pics should be up soonish.... :cry_happy:

It must contain somesort of Blacktron like characters because Container Heist, Gold heist ect... :cry_happy:

Sorry for the delay, I was just swooshing my Galactic Mediator around naked. :grin: This is great news! Is it possible to get a scan?

Okkaaayyy.. That was quite disturbing. :sick::grin:

I think there may be different villians, for each set, with maybe a few recurring. I'd like that though. I don't think the Galatic Enforcer may have a villian though.

This new series is not a follower of march theme but a whole new word and in the summer of 2009.

This new series is not a follower of march theme but a whole new word and in the summer of 2009.

I know, :thumbup:.

No Bat-Sets next year.

But WHY???

:sing: Arrgh! I give up. If you're so sure about this, you should mention it in the Batman 09 thread.

Back on topic, what kind of weapon(s) (if any) do you think will the Space Patrol have? The classic long blaster/video camera thing perhaps?

I hope, I wouldn't mind a new mould though to be perfectly honest. Something that had the detail for those Star Wars guns, but more LEGOishy

Australian Retailers catalog? :oh3::look: Since when do Aussies know before the rest of the world? Anyway thanks for the info im sure pics should be up soonish.... :cry_happy:

It must contain somesort of Blacktron like characters because Container Heist, Gold heist ect... :cry_happy:

First for everything :wink:

Okkaaayyy.. That was quite disturbing. :sick::grin:

Who hasn't done it :wink: My parents are going out this arvo so...

Anyway, this sounds really good, I can't wait for pics! :cry_happy:

I'm loving the obvious throwback to the main Space Police starships with the name "Galactic Enforcer". So nostalgic...

I know for a fact I'll be picking up some of these sets, if only because I'm a diehard space fan. :P

Excellent! I was afraid this series might just be rumor, but the more information I get, the more promising this seems! Thanks for passing this along!

Oh, and if I may say so: lol.

These set names are very promising. Squidman Escape makes me believe that we're going to get a variety of unique alien bad guys, which is GREAT. MM Jellies for the loose!

Hyperspeed Chase is intriguing... and the "heist" sets sound cool. And the Galactic Enforcer is obviously going to be a huge cruiser of some kind, a la Galactic Mediator! :thumbup:

I am pumped for this!

First for everything :wink:

Who hasn't done it :wink: My parents are going out this arvo so...

Anyway, this sounds really good, I can't wait for pics! :cry_happy:

Okkaayy I wont be stalking you today, thats forsure. :sick::laugh:

Hmm yes it does sound good!, Heres hoping they do as good job on this as the new Pirates theme! :cry_happy:

Nude swooshing eh? Sounds like something Dano would do.... :tongue:

Not-so-nude swooshing HB Stalker AWAY! :tongue:

Now these sound like Great sets but im sure lego will mess them up some how ,power miners for example we thought it was gonna be a great theme but lego messed it up and another way lego could mess these up is with the priceing because im no longer intreseted in the pirates theme because of the priceing there.

now with my pointless Rant over... :laugh:

The sets sound quite intresting and i wonder if we get some weird lego heads like the ones in spongebob .will this be like many other themes where thes one main bad guy and a bunch of little henchmen ,if so i would love to see some old style blacktron figs or space pirates with sorta mixed clothing like with the regular pirates theme.

anyways im going back to my Rabbit hole ( basement ) :tongue:

It almost sounds like Agents meet Space. I don't really like having a 'mission' or 'theme' for each set, rather just a vehicle or base. Oh well, hopefully they go 'classic space' on the Galactic Enforcer.

It almost sounds like Agents meet Space. I don't really like having a 'mission' or 'theme' for each set, rather just a vehicle or base. Oh well, hopefully they go 'classic space' on the Galactic Enforcer.

I think that's in keeping with their recent "conflict in a box" mentality, which no doubt sells well with children. With all the money we AFOLs spend on their products, you'd think LEGO would know who actually keeps this ship afloat. :wink:

I think that's in keeping with their recent "conflict in a box" mentality, which no doubt sells well with children. With all the money we AFOLs spend on their products, you'd think LEGO would know who actually keeps this ship afloat. :wink:

This is a true statement.

I'm excited by this, of course. The idea of a Space Police/Patrol force chasing down different bad guys in different settings reminds me of Agents in a good way. These sets could be Space with more personality. Can't wait. And I must know who this mysterious Squidman is. I'm picturing a minifig with an octopus on its head, lol.