The Block Block Contest
Based on this thread, this contest will introduce us to a new theme based on the picture above. Post your entry as a pitch to a LEGO design team as to why your set should be part of their upcoming awesome line. Your entry should be a set that fits in with this theme, not necessarily a re-creation of this set, but something that expands on the theme. It can be a representation of this set, but wouldn't something new be more fun?
- Build a MOC that would work as a marketable set for this new theme. They can be any size up to 1000 pieces. As a green muppet once said to the whiniest man to ever save a galaxy, "Size matters not."
- Entries can be anything you want. Anything at all, as long as you rationalize their inclusion in this theme with your design pitch. They do not need to be a recreation of this set!~although they can be, if you want.
- Your entry should be compiled as a design pitch with piece count, suggested retail price, set name and a theme name. This new theme doesn't have a name yet. You must help decide what we will call it. A separate poll will be held to decide the name of the theme.
- Only three pictures are allowed per entry. There will be an exhibition thread where you can post the rest of your pics and links to a gallery, but the design pitch must rely on three main pictures.
- Custom pieces and decals are allowed.
- Digital entries are allowed.
- Imitation brands aka crap blocks are not allowed. Only genuine LEGO elements and customs.
- Entries must be in by Sunday, March 9th. Your entry can be altered as many times as you like up until that time. You may post your entries here.
-UPDATE: Deadline extended to Wednesday March 12 11:59 pm CST
As a lot of designers want to work on this hot new theme, I've received a lot of questions about this and I thought I should create this FAQ so others who have these same questions can save time by reading it.
- Q: So, I just re-create that set, right?
A: What the?...No!!! No no no no no no no no no no. You can just recreate this set, but the point of this contest is to build a new theme-a new line of LEGO sets based on that picture. Try to expand on the universe of that theme with a new set that fits in with the theme! Build something original.
- Q: Do I have to include a killer girl band?
A: No. You can base your set on any aspect of the theme hinted at in the picture above. Littering girls bands, evil shrouded penguins, crazy orange-globe-headed-jet-pack-riding villians or introduce new characters, settings, conflicts, vehicles as long as you explain how it fits into the overall theme.
- Q: Can I enter more than once?
A: Of course you can not. Put your best entry in the contest thread and post any other ideas in this thread. (I will add an index to this post of non-entry MOCs)
- Q: What if I'm no good? I don't want to lose.
A: Shut your face. >:-( Although there will be prizes, don't think about that. Enter this contest to have fun building, challenge yourself or express your creativity. You never know until you try and you only become a better builder with practice, so enter now!!!
- Q: What is this theme about?
A: :-| Anything you want. The picture is actually a mock-up of a capcom game (Sinner found us this article less than thirty minutes after the topic opened. He's better than Domino's!). Jinzo did some further research on this game for us. You can base your entry off of this game and Jinzo's awesome research or you can just make something up based solely on the picture and your own rampant imagination. Just go nuts!
- Q: What kind of contest is this??!!
A: The kind that re-defines the world we live in.
- Q: Is this the most important and amazing contest to ever take place in the entire galaxy?
A: Nay, the universe...
- Q: Where is my credit! :'-(
A: Your name will go down in History as the valiant walrus hero that saved an entire generation.
- Q: My name is Oky Wan Kenobi. Why am I so persistent and annoying about questions I've asked? Even going as so far as to badger an admin, a few mere hours after a thread was posted, accusing him of not reading the posts at all?
A: Because you are an enormous piece of poo.
First place will receive this custom figure:
I will add more later this afternoon. I'm currently installing a hard wood floor and the glue fumes are what's fueling a lot of this. Either way, I will clean this up a bit and start the entry and exhibition thread later. Have fun! X-D