Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Open again!

Hi Everyone,

Yes we are open again after some days of downtime. Due to an unfortunate incident we lost 5 days of posts and are now running a backup from last week Wednesday. We are very very sorry for the loss of these 5 days and will do what we can from this happening ever again (it was the first time as far as I can remember).

We have been experiencing some server slowness which we hope to fix by moving to a very powerful dedicated server (now we are on a Virtual Private Server). The new server is rented but we are waiting for the access codes to arrive by regular mail. Since that might take few more days we have decided to re-open the board on the old server. Don't worry, everything will be moved over when the new server is available.

- The EB admins

SPECIAL NOTE: Your avatar is now your old profile picture, so you may need to change it or adjust the size. It will be automatically resized, so you may actually need to use something larger to achieve the normal 100x100 avatar size.

SPECIAL NOTE 2: Request HERE to recover a lost topic (from the 5 day window)

It is certainly a surprise to see the site up and running again earlier than expected. Well done Admins, and thank you for all the hard work! :thumbup: I hope the transition to the new server goes smoothly.

It is certainly a surprise to see the site up and running again earlier than expected. Well done Admins, and thank you for all the hard work! :thumbup: I hope the transition to the new server goes smoothly.

Same here, very glad it's up and running! :thumbup:

Edit; I'm still getting a warning point sign (maybe I shouldn't say this but was anyone else aware that you could actually see who had given you the point(s)?)

Edited by Kai NRG

YAY!

Hmmm... I may miss the discussion on flickr. Was quite fun these days. :snicker:

It's good to see everything back up again. Shame about loosing five days of posting, but these things happen. Anyway it's great to see EB again was starting to go insane :wacko: .

Edit; I'm still getting a warning point sign (maybe I shouldn't say this but was anyone else aware that you could actually see who had given you the point(s)?)

You're imagining things.

And the first russian spammer was spotted already!

Two, actually. :laugh:

Winter is coming!

Two things I have just spoted....

Bullet points before 'Country' in the bottom left hand side of the member ID.

Smileys seem to be jumbled up.

Bullet points before 'Country' in the bottom left hand side of the member ID.

Smileys seem to be jumbled up.

We have absolutely no idea where that dot came from. Seriously, it's a complete mystery. :def_shrug: It's funny too, notice that the text is centered properly despite the bullet point and if you try to pick it up, it's hard to determine what it's connected to. It really is bizarre.

The smileys are being fixed as we speak. :wink:

We have absolutely no idea where that dot came from. Seriously, it's a complete mystery. :def_shrug: It's funny too, notice that the text is centered properly despite the bullet point and if you try to pick it up, it's hard to determine what it's connected to. It really is bizarre.

I can fix that one. :tongue:

You guys rock this place, but you knew that already.

Now I am really curious what will happen to all the Mafia and Heroica Games.

All that hard work. :( Well back to the drawing board.

Glad to see we are up and running.

Have you ever seen Quantum Leap? :laugh:

No. (before my time) Did I miss something? Do I have to look for a DVD package (is this even realeased on DVD?) :laugh:

(is this even realeased on DVD?) :laugh:

It is on DVD, though they completely destroyed the music due to licensing rights, so don't bother. Basically, it's about going back into the past to fix things that effect the future. It might be what some of these games need to do.

I knew I should have picked a more recent reference. :sceptic:

What a pleasant surprise this is! Big thanks for the admins working to restore the forums, you guys rock :classic: