El Bucanero

Pirate MOC Indices Discussion

3378119894_af21fdd962_o.gif

:jollyroger: Discuss Pirate MOC Indices here. :jollyroger:

This topic is to discuss the MOC Indices in the Pirate forum. The current MOC Indices being maintained include:

The following indices are no longer being maintained, but still can be viewed.

Discussions in this topic include:

• A request that your overlooked MOC be added to this index.
  • Posted images in an old topic that are no longer able to be viewed.
  • A thumblink in the index doesn't have the correct thumbnail image associated with its topic.
  • And any other related items.

We will relay this information to our trained monkeys who are now maintaining the indices. We are not perfect in our monkey training, and they do make mistakes, sometimes deliberately. :monkey:

Original Post

Not bad for a first attempt! Part 1 are the BS Finds wich aren't on EB yet, and part 2 are the BS finds and the ships of our members aye? Well if so, I see some BS finds in part 1 wich are already here on EB... And I also see some ships wich aren't finished yet (like the Acheron)

And eh... Could you please change the picture of the HMS Unpredictable to the one with sails? X-D

Not bad for a first attempt! Part 1 are the BS Finds wich aren't on EB yet, and part 2 are the BS finds and the ships of our members aye? Well if so, I see some BS finds in part 1 wich are already here on EB... And I also see some ships wich aren't finished yet (like the Acheron)

And eh... Could you please change the picture of the HMS Unpredictable to the one with sails? X-D

Well, the reason for part 1 and part 2 is a bit complicated...

When I posted them all together, I got a error that there are too many pictures in the post.

So I searched for the number of pictures (=thumbs) that would be accepted.

This became "part 1".

Then I wanted to add another post to the thread with the rest of the ships (=part 2), but then they always got merged! And part 1 and part 2 would be in 1 post.

Problem now is when I want to edit the post... then I get an error that I have too many pictures :-D

Well, its a first attempt and we need some mods to join the discussion (see also the discussion in this thread) to find a practical solution.

Yes, well Part 1 definitely includes ships that have been on the Forum as the Arbiter II is the first picture, so they aren't in any order other than that of which bonaparte said. I did notice that the Sienna is not on the lists though. But since I read the whole posts, I know of the reason for the split and the issues surrounding it, so add it if you can!

Link is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=223159

Hmm... this gives me a suggestion for Phes...

Yes, well Part 1 definitely includes ships that have been on the Forum as the Arbiter II is the first picture, so they aren't in any order other than that of which bonaparte said. I did notice that the Sienna is not on the lists though. But since I read the whole posts, I know of the reason for the split and the issues surrounding it, so add it if you can!

Link is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=223159

Right now I can't add ships because I will get this error (too many pictures).

That why I need Phes or Evil Willy to help with this.

Right, like I said, if you can, I realize there is an issue with too many pictures. I wonder if there is some better way to post them... like alphabetical by member in the brickshelf folders... we could even do it simply by a-d, e-h, etc., etc., etc. but it might require a 'sub-forum'

The only solution I see for the moment is to put "Part 2" in another thread (Index: MOC ships II).

How would you like us to help? This is the first time I've ever heard of a "too many pictures" error. We don't have the ability to insert posts so perhaps you're going to need 2 threads, one for discussion and contributions, while the other is strictly for indexing ships.

How would you like us to help? This is the first time I've ever heard of a "too many pictures" error. We don't have the ability to insert posts so perhaps you're going to need 2 threads, one for discussion and contributions, while the other is strictly for indexing ships.

Yes.

Phes, can you 'lock' threads so only a certain person can post/edit the indexing thread while everyone can post finds in the discussion and contribution threads?

To me, an indexing thread needs to be arranged in a set way, i.e. alphabetical by user name. I think that would really go a long way to help in identifying people/members with their work as well as leave a place where we know we can find a reference to a ship we would like to discuss.

Like is said a 'sub-forum' may be needed... but I think it might be worthy of that!

The problem of the "to many pictures" is on the individual posts, not on the thread.

Thats why I wanted to start the thread with 2 consecutive posts (each containing part of the ships).

This worked, but the 2 consective posts got automaticaly merged into 1 post (tried this many times).

This would be no problem, but now I get the error "too many pictures" when I want to edit this "merged" post.

This is the exact message I get when I edit the post with all the pictures: Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to

This must be a setting in the "Administrative panel" of the forum (max images per post).

So it is no problem to post more pictures (e.g. "Part 2") in this post:

Part 2:

drake_11_5_06_hires2.jpg_thumb.jpgten01.jpg_thumb.jpgpic_11_small.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc01562.jpg_thumb.jpgblo10.jpg_thumb.jpg

aa_santa_maria.jpg_thumb.jpg01.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc06223.jpg_thumb.jpgvalkyrien_side-250x187.jpg_thumb.jpgyarr-ship.jpg_thumb.jpg

11_masthead.jpg_thumb.jpgim001159.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0966.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc00611.jpg_thumb.jpgdscf0967.jpg_thumb.jpg

img00082.jpg_thumb.jpgastern2.jpg_thumb.jpgpict0142.jpg_thumb.jpgtop.jpg_thumb.jpgchinese_junk.jpg_thumb.jpg

asmsaustin_profile2.jpg_thumb.jpgpicture_009.jpg_thumb.jpgdos06.jpg_thumb.jpgs4020879.jpg_thumb.jpginterdictor.jpg_thumb.jpg

rebuild1.jpg_thumb.jpg2.jpg_thumb.jpga1.jpg_thumb.jpga3b.jpg_thumb.jpg100_1444.jpg_thumb.jpg

alibertyprofile.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc02437e.jpg_thumb.jpgcorinthian3.jpg_thumb.jpga1.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg

100_6180.jpg_thumb.jpgv.o.c.-schip-.jpg_thumb.jpgacheron_resized.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc01473.jpg_thumb.jpg

The problem of the "to many pictures" is on the individual posts, not on the thread.

Thats why I wanted to start the thread with 2 consecutive posts (each containing part of the ships).

This worked, but the 2 consective posts got automaticaly merged into 1 post (tried this many times).

In order to create two consecutive posts you need to wait about half an hour before posting the second post otherwise they're automatically merged.

This must be a setting in the "Administrative panel" of the forum (max images per post).

The maximum is set to 60. This could be changed but I'd have to ask.

In order to create two consecutive posts you need to wait about half an hour before posting the second post otherwise they're automatically merged.

That's this information I needed.

Is it possible for you to clean (move) all the posts in this thread except the first post (containing all the ships) in a "MOC Indexing discussion thread"?

Then I could make a second post directly after the first one with the "Part 2".

Once this 2nd post would get filled with 60 ships, we can just make more consecutive posts.

The maximum is set to 60. This could be changed but I'd have to ask.

No need to ask if our "workaround" works.

That's this information I needed.

Is it possible for you to clean (move) all the posts in this thread except the first post (containing all the ships) in a "MOC Indexing discussion thread"? Then I could make a second post directly after the first one with the "Part 2".

Yes it is very possible, actually that's what I had in mind. What would you like the threads to be called?

This thread remains as Index: MOC Ships and the other Index: MOC Ships Discussion/Submissions?

PS. if I also moved the first post too then I'd be moving the entire thread :-P

Yes it is very possible, actually that's what I had in mind. What would you like the threads to be called?

This thread remains as Index: MOC Ships and the other Index: MOC Ships Discussion/Submissions?

These titles are ok for me Mr. Phes!

Once you maket the split, I will try to add the "Part 2" in a separate post in the "Index: MOC Ships".

Maybe it could be combined with the Spyglass Archive someday to create a global index?

Once we get this thread organised (after the changes of Mr. Phes) I will start adding more ships and it will become a global index in the future.

Once we get this thread organised (after the changes of Mr. Phes) I will start adding more ships and it will become a global index in the future.

I'll be looking forward to it Mr. Bonaparte. *sweet*

It has been done so now we can move full steam ahead! Although we're not in the Industrial Age so we don't have steam power yet...

Is this new system working for you Mr Bonaparte?

I think it works perfect Mr. Phes!

I've added the Sienna Mr. ZCerberus.

Thank you! Super... ohh... pretty. Right now I am the bookend guy! I have the first and the last ships in the post! I suppose it won't last :( But good nonetheless!

Is there any organisation to the order of these MOCs?

I notice there are 2 parts, however its not explained in the Index thread exactly what that means.

Is there any organisation to the order of these MOCs?

Not really. But now that we have this first version, we can discuss about the need to have more organisation.

So let the ideas come. Keep in mind that any organisation must be practical to implement and maintainable in the future.

I notice there are 2 parts, however its not explained in the Index thread exactly what that means.

I removed the part 1 and part 2.

The only purpose was to splitt the ships over 2 posts.