7189 Village Mill Raid $69.99US

663 pieces

10.6 cents per piece

b_7189_box_side.jpg

9349-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

9349 Fairytale and Historical Minifigure Set

Edited by I Scream Clone
Set pictures added

I agree with the red brick, but if by chance we do, I'd suspect we'd get them before the years end with the second lineup of 2010 sets.

I really doubt they won't be releasing at least one more wave next year, with the line only beeing 1 year old right now. I think the next wave will be in the summer, so there are no new pictures yet.

I agree with the above, second half release I would say too !

Maybe Lego is thinking heavily what direction this theme should take.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Ditto.

A humble civilian house of that era, like for a farmer and his wife to live in plus more animals....that's what missing from I think any of the castle/kingdom's era's.

Can you hear us Lego......civilian sets ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The Castle line has been a later release for a few years now. We don't have pictures because the pics we have are for the first part of the year, not the summer/fall waves. I am sure if I looked around I could find a thread like this for last year, the year before, etc. Give it a few months, unless you think we have seen everything coming out next year, which wouldn't be much compared to the last few years.

I don't think we will be expecting any Kingdoms in 2011, with Pharaohs Quest and NINJAGO being released.

But we could do ??? you never know default_tong.gif

do you really think they will not release a castle set for the entire 2011 year because of the release of those new lines?

has lego ever had an entire calendar year which they have not released a castle set?

also, how may waves does a typical line have? the "castle" theme had 3 correct?

Edited by mrplease

It may be tough to think that Lego might actually release more Kingdom sets with the Pharaoh's Quest theme and Pirates of the Caribbean theme, but Lego Kingdom doesn't really double-dip into those categories in my opinion. So I think we will see more Kingdom sets released, however we might only see a few sets (3-4) is my guess. I'm not expecting them to be anything super special either, just kind of a small continuation of the theme. That should keep us going until 2012, when we might see something a little bigger happen to the theme.

I agree with you guys on release time. Historic themes like castle, in the past haven't been released until the second half of the year around September.

~Wowplayer

I really doubt they won't be releasing at least one more wave next year, with the line only beeing 1 year old right now. I think the next wave will be in the summer, so there are no new pictures yet.

I totally agree with you, metalandi!

There surely will be new Kingdoms sets in 2011 since TLG surely won't stop this new themes already after one wave/year.

But it's for sure firstly late spring or summer when the 2011 Kingdoms sets will be released. So we still have to wait some weeks for the sets names and supposably until the beginning of next year for pics.

I could well imagine next year's wave being to that big than this year's.

Supposably there'll be a new fraction introduced in 2011.

Which I could well imagine that we'll see:

-castle for the new fraction (not that big than the king's one but bigger than the dragon knights' one)

-outer bailey for the king's castle

-knights' tournament (lion vs. dragon)

-king's chariot

-solider Impulse set

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you, metalandi!

There surely will be new Kingdoms sets in 2011 since TLG surely won't stop this new themes already after one wave/year.

But it's for sure firstly late spring or summer when the 2011 Kingdoms sets will be released. So we still have to wait some weeks for the sets names and supposably until the beginning of next year for pics.

I could well imagine next year's wave being to that big than this year's.

Supposably there'll be a new fraction introduced in 2011.

Which I could well imagine that we'll see:

-castle for the new fraction (not that big than the king's one but bigger than the dragon knights' one)

-outer bailey for the king's castle

-knights' tournament (lion vs. dragon)

-king's chariot

-solider Impulse set

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I'm actually hoping for a lot more civilian sets as well, I would kill to see a set of a peasant hovel that can be rebuild i 2 or 3 ways, so that you can grab like 6 a make a small town; I would also love to see a windmill, and a farmhouse.

Having said that I think the next wave of Kingdoms, if it comes, will be a return of the forest-men faction. I can see there being a lot of really great natural fortresses, tons of unique plant and tree ideas, and most of all I am really anticipating some new animal molds!! (Just imagine deer, or a wild hog, or a brown bear!!!) :wub:

I'm guessing there will be 3 sets in the summer/fall of 2011 with no new factions. And then maybe a bigger wave in 2012 with 1 or 2 new factions.

While I'm one of the many people who'd love more small civilian sets, I doubt we'll get any.

PS. The Creator cabin set coming out in 2011 looks like a great parts pack for building medieval civilian buildings.

I also agree that there shouldn't be another new faction until the Dragons get at least a fair castle, although I have no inside information on what is coming next year, I would imagine that we will get some news sets a little later in the year due to the fact that the first Kingdom sets weren't available in the US until May/June.

I'm guessing there will be 3 sets in the summer/fall of 2011 with no new factions. And then maybe a bigger wave in 2012 with 1 or 2 new factions.

While I'm one of the many people who'd love more small civilian sets, I doubt we'll get any.

I agree with this. Some concrete guesses:

- big dragon castle (maybe with some sort of leader)

- a smaller (10-20$) set containing the lion king

I wouldn't be too sure, that there won't be civilian sets soon. Especially with this new kingdoms line not, cause since it's not so fantasy-ish than the previous one, it offers the opportunity for a civilian theme even more. Remember, the farm theme also was just introduced to city only a few years ago, and i think they know that people want civilian castle sets. I'm almost sure that in a few years, we'll get some.

I was hoping for more dragon-knight

Me too. A castle and mounted knights please. Something like the 6085 but updated like the new castle, and in the prison tower colours.

I wouldn't be too sure, that there won't be civilian sets soon. Especially with this new kingdoms line not, cause since it's not so fantasy-ish than the previous one, it offers the opportunity for a civilian theme even more. Remember, the farm theme also was just introduced to city only a few years ago, and i think they know that people want civilian castle sets. I'm almost sure that in a few years, we'll get some.

I know I don't want any. (BOR-ING! Gimme wars!) I'm sure there are plenty who do, but I wonder how many kids do.

I'd like to see more fractions too... like 2/3 vs 5/8 or maybe even V2.R1/R2

I doubt there'll be a new faction next year, not while the dragon knights are so thin. But it's possible. I also doubt we'll have forestmen for the reason that the current dragon knights use brown & green in their colours. I don't imagine TLG is going to release multiple factions in similar colours, nor that forestmen would come in any alternative colour scheme. Maybe next time we'll get some light blue themed knights, or even better, some BLACK & GREY ones :devil:

Well, a big castle for the dragon knights?

I think that either we'll get a new faction or a big castle for the dragon knights.

Perhaps TLG even does similar to the FA "Castle" line: first year: big good guys' castle, second year: new faction(s), third year: big bad guys' castle.

As for a new civilian set:

I fear that we won't see one before 2012 - or maybe even later.

I was hoping that TLG will release the january Exclusives in a three years rhythm (like they do with the most of their themes, too). But if so, in january 2011 we would have gotten a City Exclusive. But that regrettably won't happen. So I even bet that we have to wait for medieval sets longer than three years after the release of MVV, too.

Supposably we'll be getting a new medieval set in the year when the Kingdoms line finishs with its last sets. But supposably that'll take some while.

A medieval farm (with farm house, stables and a wind mill), a huge knights' tournamen set (with a lot of knights, horses, civlians and tents) and a huge castle would be amazing!

TLG knows that we want these sets (they even asked us for wishes and ideas). But it seems as if they don't plan to rise their number of exclusives sets per year to offer not only the Star Wars fans but even the City and Castle fans minimum one big Exclusive (with many buildings, vehicles and many minifigs and accessory) per year. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I would bet my money on that you are right. Even though I would be very happy if some of the hopes expressed in this thread were to be true I say that this is what we will get.

I think a great 5 set wave for 2011 would be:

Dragon Knight Castle - CA $100

Grand Joust - CA $40

Peasant Farm and Hut - CA $30

King's Chariot (like the Castle one) - CA $20

Peasant Cart - CA $13

Tell me what you think.

Of course we will be getting another year, can we use some actually info, and common sense...

The theme will of course continue, why wouldn't it? LEGO just redid the Castle theme, to end it? Plus LEGO has come out numerous times saying that Town, Space, and Castle are all landmark LEGO themes and will never go anywhere. Now that might mean that next years "Space" will City Space and Star Wars, but that's still space. Kingdoms isn't being replaced by PQ or NinjaGO, those are action themes that come around every couple of years. Kingdoms is the new Castle theme for now... until LEGO changes it again.

The theme will continue next year. There are no pictures because Kingdoms is a summer time theme.

Of course we will be getting another year, can we use some actually info, and common sense...

The theme will of course continue, why wouldn't it? LEGO just redid the Castle theme, to end it? Plus LEGO has come out numerous times saying that Town, Space, and Castle are all landmark LEGO themes and will never go anywhere. Now that might mean that next years "Space" will City Space and Star Wars, but that's still space. Kingdoms isn't being replaced by PQ or NinjaGO, those are action themes that come around every couple of years. Kingdoms is the new Castle theme for now... until LEGO changes it again.

The theme will continue next year. There are no pictures because Kingdoms is a summer time theme.

I agree with you totally.

I can't wait to see pictures for summer/fall 2011.

I think a great 5 set wave for 2011 would be:

Dragon Knight Castle - CA $100

Grand Joust - CA $40

Peasant Farm and Hut - CA $30

King's Chariot (like the Castle one) - CA $20

Peasant Cart - CA $13

Tell me what you think.

Thats a nice wish list but probably very far from what we're actually gonna get.

If there will be a second Kingdoms wave, it will probably be for the end of the year - wave.

I would also like some more civilian building/minifigs, but I doubt that sells well for the primary target group of this line.

Also a special edition set (like Medieval market) would be neat for me, but probably way too soon.