Sign in to follow this  
legoxan

LDD Cannot Save My Files

So today I went to start off and plan a MOC in LDD and then when I went to save my build the screen froze and wasn't responding, therefore I had to shutdown my computer to get my computer to respond again, and it kept happening when I went to try and save something the next time. I can save documents and files on stuff like Microsoft word, basically everything but LDD. Do I need to update LDD for the file to save? If so please inform me because I am pretty frustrated. Thanks!\

-Xan

This sounds vaguely similar to a problem I've been experiencing at least since the last update, whereby any attempt to save a file on my Mac results in the program crashing and a tiny, corrupted, unreadable file being the only thing that saves.

Whether or not it's the same problem, I don't have an actual fix... but you might get some use out of the workaround I've been utilizing. Does the same thing happen when you try to save an existing LXF file that you have modified? If not (and it saves without issue), you can probably avoid the problem by duplicating and renaming an existing file, and starting the model over from scratch. It's a clumsy solution, and requires you to plan ahead if you want to start a new project, but it's the best I've come up with to allow myself to continue creating new models in LDD for the past year.