Sign in to follow this  
rupi

MOC: Pirates rock

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 82b

This is one of the MOCs I made for the pirates display in TomarLego. It Has been a long time since my last incursion in the pirates theme.

My contribution for the display was modest, just a couple of islands and a raft.

Here is the one I liked best.

pirates_rock_04.jpg

pirates_rock_02.jpg

pirates_rock_01.jpg

Brickshelf folder

Thanks for looking.

I would want to see but I am confident that Redcoat soldier can handle one shark.

That is a lie if I ever heard one :pir_laugh2:

It would suck to be that Imperial soldier :thumbdown:

Good job rupi, the cliff looks awesome as does the dock.

Edited by Ratshot

Really...if you calculate the angle of trajectory of the shark and multiply by the speed it would take to cause the shark to fly that far out of the water and divide by the time it will take the soldiers to fall ...you have to recognize the way this plays out is the shark crashes head first into the rocks and the soldier swims over and grabs that row boat and paddles as fast as he can for the fort. Its practically a scientific foregone conclussion...

Really...if you calculate the angle of trajectory of the shark and multiply by the speed it would take to cause the shark to fly that far out of the water and divide by the time it will take the soldiers to fall ...you have to recognize the way this plays out is the shark crashes head first into the rocks and the soldier swims over and grabs that row boat and paddles as fast as he can for the fort. Its practically a scientific foregone conclussion...

Your right.......BUT if the shark does die/gets knocked out cold and the soldier try's to swim to the dock, you must remember that the Pirate Captain has a rifle and might just shoot the soldier before he can get to safety, and you never know, there could be more sharks nearby, plus there are like 3 or 4 ship loads of pirates nearby so I would say his chances of survival are not very high or promising.

The soldier is screwed. When will you too realize that the pirates always win? :pir-skull:

Back on topic, great MOC I love the rock and it's a nice transition from SNOT to regular. The shark is my favorite, nice job creating a sense of movement. The only thing I don't like is that the water has studs except for where the shark is but thats something that couldn't be helped.

Your right.......BUT if the shark does die/gets knocked out cold and the soldier try's to swim to the dock, you must remember that the Pirate Captain has a rifle and might just shoot the soldier before he can get to safety, and you never know, there could be more sharks nearby, plus there are like 3 or 4 ship loads of pirates nearby so I would say his chances of survival are not very high or promising.

True but you keep forgetting he's a redcoat! We train for tougher stuff than that. :pir_laugh2:

The pirate will miss, as he is most likley drunk :pir-classic:

great how you made the prefab. rock vertical on top like that :thumbup: The whole thing looks really nice, and funny :pir-classic: And the skull on the rocks does the job :jollyroger:

Thanks for the comments.

The blue baseplate is there just for the photography, the display was on the water :pir-wink:

p6120154-1000.jpg

The picture isn't very good but just to give the idea.

And of course... the pirates always win :pir-skull:

Woh the idea of this MOC is really cool and very well made !

I really like it in the real water !

And this vertical island is very beautiful

Poor Red Coat... :pir-skull:

True but you keep forgetting he's a redcoat! We train for tougher stuff than that. :pir_laugh2:

I will see what the Redcoat will do when my ship picks him up from the sea. :pir_laugh2:

Lovely MOC you've made there! As YnyklY mentioned I really like the angled prefab rock. The rest of the cliff is excellent as well. :thumbup:

The underwater part looks nice, but I would add some underwater animals and plants at the bottom of the underwater part.

I think the whole presentation is great, it seems to be a fantastic event. 22.000 people is a lot! :pir-wub:

Good luck and have fun! :kahuka:

Lies, Lies, Lies, all you Red Coats do is lie about how well trained your men are. RED COATS ARE HORRIBLE SOLDIERS AND YOU NEED TO REALIZE IT. :pir-laugh:

The pirate will miss, as he is most likely drunk :pir-classic:

True, but he will still die, there are like 4 ships full to the top of blood thirsty :jollyroger: :pir-skull:

Wow, that's a really lovely MOC Rupi! The jumping shark is wonderful and great work on the rocks as well. :pir-classic:

The transition between SNOT rock work and the top platform is a beauty too.

Lies, Lies, Lies, all you Red Coats do is lie about how well trained your men are. RED COATS ARE HORRIBLE SOLDIERS AND YOU NEED TO REALIZE IT. :pir-laugh:

True, but he will still die, there are like 4 ships full to the top of blood thirsty :jollyroger: :pir-skull:

see you all agree. One bluecoat ship and four pirate ships for one redcoat soldier. That might do it but I don't think you have enough ships or men to handle say 50 redcoats.
Guys, please try not to get so far off topic, we don't want to clutter up this great MOC with nonsense. Thanks! :pir-classic:

Guys, please try not to get so far off topic, we don't want to clutter up this great MOC with nonsense. Thanks! :pir-classic:

Well if those are the rules I'll follow them but I must respectfully disagree. When I post my MOC's I love it when people insert their own imagination into the scene. Maybe others feel differntly but I don't see these types of comments as clutter since they relate to our interprotation of the story of the MOC. These types of running dialogs keep me comming back to a moc which keeps the post active and brings it to the attention to others who see it for the first time.

Very nice little island, I love the shark "jumping" out of the sea, it's very cool, I also love the "shape" of the island, and the little dock is cool too!

Well if those are the rules I'll follow them but I must respectfully disagree. When I post my MOC's I love it when people insert their own imagination into the scene. Maybe others feel differntly but I don't see these types of comments as clutter since they relate to our interprotation of the story of the MOC. These types of running dialogs keep me comming back to a moc which keeps the post active and brings it to the attention to others who see it for the first time.

It just seemed like the discussion was getting a bit too far from the MOC, but don't worry, it's not a big deal. :pir-classic:

FANTASTIC job on the rock, looks very realistic. That splash effect looks great too. :pir_laugh2: ~LW 8~

Edited by Lego_Warlord_8

same here, i love it when people add their 'comments' lol :pir-blush:

It makes it wayyyy more exciting and fun :pir-classic: But we had better listen to the rules guys. We don't want anybody to get in trouble :pir-tongue:

Edited by Ratshot

Poor Imperial soldier =(

I like that very much. But this MOC's real water version is nicer =) Designers should use real water frequently in their MOCs

I like it. Its so damn evil. Poor redcoat soldier. But I guess he deserved it :pir-devil:

Thats the good thing about the new sharks: they really look frightening. And they can completely "eat" minifigs.