wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I - unlike my wallet - feel relief and positive expectation about the news of more LOTR sets in 2013.

Only 'an unexpected gathering' of the Hobbit sets does really appeal to me. The rest is kind of nondescript to me. Thinking of Orthanc (Saruman's Tower), Ambush on Rohir plains, Fell Beast with the King of Angmar, Mumakil Attack and so much more, there's still so much more of LOTR for TLG to explore... :wub:

Forgive me if this is old news, but today i had a look in my TRU flyer and found to my surprise that it states the limited edition Elrond figure comes free with the purchase of the LEGO Lord of The Rings game. I was under the impression that the figure was exclusive to pre-ordering the game?

EDIT: I live in Canada.

Edited by Endeavour

I saw someone posted a while ago about being unsure of LOTR in 2013. To alert them, someone did post an ad saying the journey continues in 2013. Obviously not details are known, just that the theme continues.

I'm excited for what is to come. I would say my wallet will be hurting, but I'm not sure yet. If there are some nice army building packs, then yes it will be hurting, otherwise I probably won't go too crazy for sets next year. I think I've already spent less this year than last year, which I didn't think would be possible.

I like to share some information i received today.

First half of 2013 will bring us more sets from the original LOTR, Second half of 2013 will bring us sets based on the second Hobbit movie.

-I never should have shared this information. Gets me in trouble, people who saw it where lucky, please delete your quotes. Thanks-

Edited by BenX

If there eventually will be a Treebeard set I feel that it would be in the $20 or maybe in the $29 range.

Edited by DarkFader

First half of 2013 will bring us more sets from the original LOTR, Second half of 2013 will bring us sets based on the second Hobbit movie.

These are 3 of the 8 known sets, to be released March 2013.

Exciting news! Do you mean May? Or are they going to release them so soon after the Hobbit sets?

I really like the sound of the Betrayal of Isengard. Saruman and five orcs? Yes please!

Also, does anyone think that Gandalf could get Thorin's hair in grey for the Isengard set? It would look great for when he doesn't have his hat.

And Benx, how did you get this info? And is there more?

Edited by Fives

I can see Treebeard being brick built, but I think a brick built Balrog is a strange choice. Of course, I haven't seen any pictures, but I was imagining the Balrog to be similar in size and design to the Rancor.

Other than that, it's strange that there would be at least one more Gandalf the Grey considering his two appearances in Hobbit sets. The Gandalf from the Isengard set could be Gandalf the White, but it seems unlikely considering the minifigures.

The appearance of Merry and Pippin has me suspecting that we won't see them in their Rohan/Gondor attire this wave.

I can't wait to hear about the other sets. Eight would make it the biggest Middle Earth wave so far. I guess that this waves small set will be the mirror of Galadriel. Sorry for adding that tiny bit of speculation!

That is a neat potential list. I'm hoping the prices aren't that high though otherwise I may have to skip out on some. I mean, TreeBeard with a few figures for $60?? I realize the piece count may be higher than normal, but still that seems a bit high.

I'd be interested to see the other 5 sets then (if there really are 8).

These sound reasonable, except for Treebeard. By the sounds of it he's going to be bigger than the Balrog. :wacko: I'm also somewhat skeptical of the release date and how you got this information. We rarely get such specific stats (piece count, price, figs) for half of a wave.

I'm excited for what is to come. I would say my wallet will be hurting, but I'm not sure yet. If there are some nice army building packs, then yes it will be hurting, otherwise I probably won't go too crazy for sets next year.

Same here. The Hobbit wave has absolutely no army builders or battle packs so I will probably just pick up 2 of every set, then for any extra wargs/orcs/goblins I want I will save myself a ton of money and just buy them off BL or eBay them individually. To contrast I ended up getting 5 Orc Forge sets and 21 Uruk-hai Army sets.. so if Lego wants my money they just need to include a half way decent army builder or battle pack in the next LotR wave (pleeeeease give us some battle packs with Easternlings, proper Gondor/Rohan Soldiers, Haradrim, and ORCS!).

Source? I'm a little skeptical because those sets seem a bit unlikely. First off why would they release them in March when the Hobbit wave is due out just a few months earlier in December? Why not release them in May or June like last years LotR wave? Also 60 bucks for a set that only has Merry, Pippin, and an orc with a brick built Treebeard? To me that sounds like a Shelob Attacks sized set. Treebeard being the same size as Shelob about, and having 3 minifigs. The bridge set also seems a little high priced and has even fewer minifigures!

What to expect?

Woah! Thanks for the news! :sweet:

LEGO is really pumping up a lot of sets with their new format... It seems like there will be a huge wave of sets each season! :cry_happy:

Edited by just2good

YEAH!!

I was already wondering if they will make new sets or not, specially when it seems to be selling really really good!! Was wondering if it was as a failure as Pirates of the Caribbean =S

But no, they'll be making more sets for 2013 and hopefully we'll see this line releasing waves through years to come...we need a descent Minas Tirith wave!! D=

BenX, where did you get that information on next year's LotR sets? Real or not, I want them (although the sets based on Treebeard and the Balrog seem a bit overpriced - unless more is included?).

Same here. The Hobbit wave has absolutely no army builders or battle packs so I will probably just pick up 2 of every set, then for any extra wargs/orcs/goblins I want I will save myself a ton of money and just buy them off BL or eBay them individually. To contrast I ended up getting 5 Orc Forge sets and 21 Uruk-hai Army sets.. so if Lego wants my money they just need to include a half way decent army builder or battle pack in the next LotR wave (pleeeeease give us some battle packs with Easternlings, proper Gondor/Rohan Soldiers, Haradrim, and ORCS!).

I guess now we know who has the Treasure of the Dwarfs. You are one devoted fan!

Could someone please send me the sets list and details please? Didn't get to see it! :cry3:

There was no proof anyway.

Edited by Prominence

Could someone please send me the sets list and details please? Didn't get to see it! :cry3:

Not really much to see, he listed names, piece count, and minifigs. That was it. It was something like Betrayal at Isengard for $100 and had 5 orcs, Saruman, and Gandalf and 1038 pieces, Treebeard set with 467 pieces and Merry Pippin and an orc, and a bridge set with brick built Balrog and Gandalf and 257 pieces. Something like that.

Sent :)

Thank you!

I'm not sure if this list is true though. The set pieces and its contents just dont seem to add up.

The more I think about those three sets that were listed, the more I notice how many sets will include Gandalf the Grey. I mean, yes, you have to get him with the Balrog, but LEGO could have easily merged the Treebeard and Isengard sets together to make a larger Two Towers set, giving room in the wave for Minas Tirith, which would hopefully have Gandalf the White. Then again, if the wave has 8 sets, then who knows what we'll get. I'd love an Amon Hen set and a Watcher in the Water/Gates of Moria set. I hope the next wave is more focused on ROTK and FOTR, with the Treebeard set and maybe a Warg ambush battle pack (two Rohan riders, two Warg riders and some scenery = amazing army builder!) being the only TTT sets.

Okay your history regulator says 2 things... 1... We are discussing pure rumor and 2, this should be in a LotR 2013 thread. This thread is to discuss 2012.

I was trying to check the prices of the sets on Toysrus.com but... what happened to LEGO? At least 50% of the sets aren't listed anymore :wacko:

I just started a new job today, so .... I say bring out the sets. Lego, shut up and take my money :devil_laugh:

I'll probably get Bag End as soon as I see it, and the rest in January, once sales start to turn up.

Edited by SheepEater

I was trying to check the prices of the sets on Toysrus.com but... what happened to LEGO? At least 50% of the sets aren't listed anymore :wacko:

Did you click the link to the 25% off? If you just go to the Lego brand section you will see all the sets they have in stock.