Captain Roger

Which LEGO Pirate captain is your favorite?

213 members have voted

1. 1. What pirate captain do you prefer?

• 1989 Captain Roger/Redbeard
    • Captain Ironhook
    • Captain Brickbeard
    • Captain Pete
    • Pirate Captain of Minifigue series
    • 2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard
    • Captain from Pirate Treasure Hunt
    • Captain Pirate from Pirates Perilous Pitfall

Well, here the captains:

1989 Captain Roger/Redbeard

Captain_Red_Beard_with_Skull.jpg

Ironhook

Pirate_Shirt_with_Knife.jpg

Brickbeard

pi081.jpg

Captain Pete

pi102.jpg

Pirate Captain

8063113891_c3fd6dc1e9_z.jpg

2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard

pi148.jpg

Captain from Pirate Treasure Hunt

pi146.jpg

Pirate Captain from Pirates Perilous Pitfall

Pirate_green_shirt2.jpg

My vote is for Captain Brickbeard. For me, this is the "podium":

1. Captain Brickbeard

2. Pirate Captain of Minifigure series 2012

3. 1989 Captain Roger/Redbeard

About the other captains, for me, the worst by far is Captain Pete. I don't know how to rate the others. On one hand, I prefer smart captains to ragged captains so I have never been an Ironhook fan, but on the other hand Ironhook is the only one ragged captain in the LEGO universe, and I apreciate originality too.

Hope see your votes and comments, mates! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Captain Roger

Captain Roger, if you gone for that, you should also create a poll about the best pirate ship as the previous poll is extremely outdated.

QAR and BP should definitely be included.

Also I think the thread should be dedicated to all ships included Imperial Flagship and Caribbean Clipper.

I'd do that myself but I can not create a poll yet because I don't have enough posts.

Without a doubt, Captain Roger. But nostalgia apart, I might say Captain Brickbeard (but with Redbeard's bicorne, I hate that childish skull design)...

Mister Phes: I got the name "Captain Pete" in the previous poll, started in 2009. I don't know where the autor of that poll got that name.

Moschino: Creating a poll doesn't obligate me to create another one.

On the other hand, I have created a poll about what Lego pirate captain do you prefer, excluding POTC minifigs (Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Davy Jones and Blackbeard), so creating a new poll with non-POTC ships and POTC ships shouldn't be a continuation of this poll.

I can't believe Captain Pete has 3 votes and Brickbeard only 2. I can't believe either that Pete has more votes than Ironhook. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :pir-classic:

How about a combination of the captains ?

I voted for the collectible minifigure but he's missing pauldrons and like Boomchil said, the old skull design works better (although the golden patern on it looks great).

Here would be my preferences in order:

1) Roger of course, the real and only pirate captain of all lego pirate system.

2) Ironhook, following Roger, it is also very popular in classic pirate sets, maybe not commanding huge ships, but his adventures with islanders and treasures are really enjoyable.

3) Pirate captain from series 8, love his shirt, and face, and the golden jolly roger in his hat is pretty cool, a shame its desing (the jolly roger) isn't from the good old times.

4) Brickbeard, his name is kind of, not so serious, nor his hat or face, but his torso is cool, and golden epaulletes are nice too.

5) Captain pete, useful torso for pirates, but an almost useless face, and an ugly hat.

Edited by Yawgmoth

Sebeus, when you said "pauldrons", you mean epaulets

Yawgmoth, you are wrong about Roger is the real and only pirate captain of all Lego pirate system. Ironhook is a lego system pirate captain too. He is the leader of the renegade runner and has a little number of pirates under his orders.

in 2009's pirate sets, TLC didn't write "Lego system" in boxes, so Brickbeard isn't a Lego system captain. Pete and the new captain from Minigigure series 2012, neither.

However, is proved that Roger, Ironhook, Brickbeard and 2012 Pirate captain Minifigure lived in the same world. We already know Roger and Ironhook lived in the same era. By the way, in the official biography of the 2012 pirate captain minifis, we can read:

Worst of all, he’s having real trouble coming up with a piratey name. All the good ones – from Ironhook to Brickbeard – seem to already be taken

So we can assure that 4 captains lived in the same world (However, they could live in different eras, because we haven't Official Lego documments proving Brickbeard lived in the same era as Roger and Ironhook). I guess Pete lived in the same world, then.

I'm trying to explain Lego system pirates (Roger, Ironhook) lived in the same world of non-Lego system pirates (Brickbeard, Captain Pirate of minifigure series 2012, Pete)

Edited by Captain Roger

As someone who had a Black Seas Barracuda as a kid (got it for learning to ride my bike) and has since added the reissue Black Seas Barracuda to his adult collection (thanks Toys R Us for that :) I gotta vote for the original.

I voted for Ironhook - not the most distinguished looking, but with the most piratey torso, and the good hat as well.

I alway thought that Ironhook is a kind of Roger but pauperized... the rags in the shirt and the copy of the face (the hair, eyepatch) the lack of the same hand and leg (not always but you get the idea)... well, maybe Ironhook is the Roger´s sibling

Brickbeard and Pete suffer from the "cartoonish" disease... and the face of Pete.. . well, It´s hard to fear that face!

in the other hand, the nameless captain (a.k.a. CMF 8) looks that he abused of the rum!, the design, the color scheme, and even the lack of epauletes are nice (not everyone needs epauletes), BUT!... there is no ship... not crew... not even gold plundered!.... how can you measure a pirate captain without any of those things?

I vote for Roger, but I have to say that, any new captain has the difficult job to try to fight against our childhood memories... and, of course...lose!

Roger doesn't seems to be angry, or be the menace of the 7 seas... look his "silly" smile!... but he always be the first one!

Edited by Brig. Brick

Brickbeard all the way, except that the hats on the old ones were better. Everything else about him is superior though.

Yawgmoth, you are wrong about Roger is the real and only pirate captain of all Lego pirate system. Ironhook is a lego system pirate captain too. He is the leader of the renegade runner and has a little number of pirates under his orders.

in 2009's pirate sets, TLC didn't write "Lego system" in boxes, so Brickbeard isn't a Lego system captain. Pete and the new captain from Minigigure series 2012, neither.

However, is proved that Roger, Ironhook, Brickbeard and 2012 Pirate captain Minifigure lived in the same world. We already know Roger and Ironhook lived in the same era. By the way, in the official biography of the 2012 pirate captain minifis, we can read:

So we can assure that 4 captains lived in the same world (However, they could live in different eras, because we haven't Official Lego documments proving Brickbeard lived in the same era as Roger and Ironhook). I guess Pete lived in the same world, then.

I'm trying to explain Lego system pirates (Roger, Ironhook) lived in the same world of non-Lego system pirates (Brickbeard, Captain Pirate of minifigure series 2012, Pete)

Hehe, yeah, of course ironhook is a pirate captain, has his crew and ship, and his influence over the lego pirate world is considerable, maybe what I was referring was about the struggle between redbeard and brickbeard, some like one most than the other, and viceversa, but in my eyes, roger/redbeard was the first, is the current, and unless something huge comes to lego pirate world, will be the definitive captain pirate.

Edited by Yawgmoth

The pirate captain reminds me of the morgan spice captain!!!

I like where this train of thought is going (mmm...rum...). By the same logic then:

Captain Roger/Redbeard looks like he'd steal all the rum.

Captain Ironhook looks like he's drunk all the rum. So dishevelled!

Captain Brickbeard looks like he'd start a fight with an empty rum bottle. He looks more...mischievous.

Captain Pete would probably get a round of rum shots in. He looks too 'innocent' to be a true scoundrel.

Captain Roger/Redbeard is the original Pirate captain in the same way that Sean Connery is *the* James Bond, despite some other later ones being great in their own right. My vote's Roger/Redbeard.

Agreed. Definitely Redbeard, the one and only. :wub:

Great gdandpa, uncle, father and husband... and one hell of a pirate :wink:

Ironhook was overdesigned already, Brickbeard looks like a pimp with these shiny all of things. And what kind of skull is that? :laugh:

Brickbeard looks like a pimp with these shiny all of things. And what kind of skull is that? :laugh:

:laugh: You couldn't point it better and shorter.

I criticized him in a similar thread jut before the "Pirate Captain of Minifigure series 2012" was included.

Pimp is how I will name him in the future. :rofl:

Edited by moschino

Mister Phes: I got the name "Captain Pete" in the previous poll, started in 2009. I don't know where the autor of that poll got that name.

Ok thanks! :thumbup:

It's good to know the origin of minifigure names because sometimes fan created names become so ingrained in LEGO Pirate Lore people \mistake them for being official, like Steve for example.

Captain Pimp, aka Brickbeard for me. The other captain I have is CMF Pirate Captain.

Heh... I have a feeling one more day and "Pimp" will become official :wink:

My vote is for the Captain Roger, but I think that we all know that Roger and BrickBeard are the same person. I think that Lego simply wanted to renew his awesome but old-fashioned Captain.

Redbeard for me. I'm not sure where I heard this, but isn't Ironhook Redbeard's brother who shipwrecked and was attacked by the islanders? Redbeard is just so iconic (and he had the best ships :wink: ).

Edited by Grimmbeard