Sign in to follow this  
RichardAM

Attack

WIP/Unfinished

I've had this built for a few weeks now, and I haven't made any progress since the beginning of last month. I like it, but i'm having trouble getting motivated enough to finish it, so it might be completed in time for the contest cut-off or it might be abandoned completely. Knowing me, it'll probably be the latter as i'll need the pieces. :pir_laugh2:

ptvwip.jpg

Looks like a great start. But, first of all, Is there going to be a boat underneath that cannon floating in the water? And if you need any ideas on creating a roof on top your structure, I would suggest putting a "burning roof," to show more "Pirate cruelty." last, if you plan to critique your MOC with extra detail, I would add A LOT of blood; as blood is the nature of this contest :pir-skull:

But overall a great MOC so far!

regards,

pat

Edited by xpatriot720x

Come on, finish it! :pir-tongue:

It's looking really nice and I would hate to see it not entered. The red/dark red roof looks stunning, plus the SNOT is great.

I assume the cannon in the water is not the finished spot for it?

Looks like a great start. But, first of all, Is there going to be a boat underneath that cannon floating in the water?
I assume the cannon in the water is not the finished spot for it?

Nah, it's something I built separately. I've already started picking things off of it, so this is a photo of it very much as is. There's a ship built too, but I didn't like how it came out- that's probably where my lack of enthusiasm came from!

Like I said, the deadline is still a bit off yet, and I do think it has potential myself, so there's still plenty of chances for it to get finished.

Like I've said for many other PTV-entries I'd like some more blood. It's cruelty! Uhm.. and blood is gooooood.. well.. ehm.. in some point. For this contest it's pretty good anyways.

Besides from that it sure looks very promiseing. There's a lot of action going on, and thats always nice for a MOC I think.

I really hope you get yourself together and finish this MOC 'caus I really think it could turn out very nice.

My opinion:

A good start, RichardAM, I hope you can finish it! Right now there are some improvements to be made though, so I sure hope you will refind your motivation. Especcialy the house/bar looks nice.

Possible improvements:

1) Add some trees or plants, a little bench perhaps,... to the garden.

2) A little boat with pirates would fit in fine (instead of the cannon).

Non-brick related advise:

1) We NEED MORE PICTURES! Then we can give you some more possible improvements.

Edited by zorro3999

that's a very nice start ! I ll just say that the floating canon is strange ^^ and like zorro said SHOW US more pics !!! ^^

and hurry and motivate yourself ! I want to see it finished !

Opinion

I like your theme of a little house being invaded by the Imperial guard? The house is nicely made with good detail. I like the roof tiling patterns that you have made combining red and dark red. The steps you have made leading onto the grass is well created. I like the little beach you have created that leads onto the grass. The dock you have made is good.

Possible Improvements

1) I would put some green tiles on the grass, tan tiles on the sand and blue tiles on the water.

2) You could have floating pieces of a ship in the water.

3) The two guards that are running away with the treasure chest, I would open the treasure chest up to show what their stealing.

4) I would move or take out that cannon sitting in the middle of the water.

5) Add some more blood to your MOC by have a brawl between a pirate and an Imperial guard.

Non-Brick Related

1) Have some more angles of your MOC.

2) Have some sort of story explaining what is going on in your MOC.

Overall- I think this MOC could have some great potential if finished. You have done a great job so far, but until you finish your MOC, I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My Brickshelf

My small PTV contest entry is coming soon!

there is something I must say, Maybe you'll have to build the roof of the building, even if it don't allow us to look at the inside, it'll look better, and you always can take a pictures from the other sides, so we'll see the interior on another pictures^^

Like I said before, I certainly think you should finish this, as it looks magnificent so far.

It's nice and smooth, plus it has lots of good action and details.

A few things that could benefit your entry:

1) It could definitely use some more landscaping. Maybe a palm tree or 2 so the leaves have somewhere to come from.

2) Making the water SNOT would probably make it fit in better with the overall smoothness of the rest of the entry.

3) I think it would look really nice to have a few boats in the water for some more action.

4) Building up the rocks up some more would be great I think. I also feel that extending the sand a bit more would be great.

=================================================================

Great work on this so far RichardAM, and I must say that I really hope you finish it! :pir-laugh: