WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

gallery_4229_64_9227.jpg

Get ready for a contest so exciting that you'll fourget your headgear!

The Contest:

Hey everyone, looking back at our very first LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest, continuing with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest and following up with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest. The long awaited sequel is now back and it is bigger than ever before! To celebrate the ongoing excitement of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 continuation, Eurobricks is proud to present the fourth brand new installment of this challenging building contest for the months of May and June. So, gather your bricks and start building your entries together!

What You're Building

We are opening 2 major Building Categories for our Eurobricks Community. It's much more challenging, interesting and exciting than before. More importantly, we want to see your imagination guide your building inspiration.

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 4. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category B - Build the first Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1

Build an 16x16 vignette from any theme where you could display a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be part of the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.

Where would you display one of these in Category A?

84.jpg

Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player

Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY A*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 4 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 4 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that are already existed, but not new ones from Series 4 like the electric guitar, rapier, for example. Please note Series 1, 2 and 3 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 4) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 20th of June, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

What are you going to design and build for your first Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 in Category B?

gallery_1558_51_211409.png

Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician

Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy

53.jpg

Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire

Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier

gallery_2351_109_63637.jpg

Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper

Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot

84.jpg

Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player

Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker

*IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE CATEGORY B RULES VERY CAREFULLY OR IT WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION*

Category B - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that display a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be part of the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1. The vignette measures 16 studs by 16 studs (No height limit).
  2. You are required to design a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be featured in the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.
  3. The vignette and the customised Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 will be evaluated as a whole.
  4. The vignette can be of any themes that will allow you to showcase the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 in the best possible presentation.
  5. This is a combination of both building contest and minifigures customisation. Be creative and use your imagination to put your ideas together to showcase your ideal Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.
  6. You must state and provide a name and short descriptions of all 16 Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures in your entry.
  7. Inappropriate and licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc creations are not allowed. If you think LEGO is likely to release it as part of their regular designs, then it is likely to be appropriate, otherwise please ask if you are unsure.
  8. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigure accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  9. No Series 4 minifigures are allowed. You may not use the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 4 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, but not new ones from Series 4 like the electric guitar, rapier, for example. Please note Series 1, 2 and 3 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  10. Official TLG stickers are allowed.
  11. Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden.
  12. Entries must be new customs. Any entry published online prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified.
  13. You may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text description below by stating the parts used for each customised minifigures if any and to give due credit for it. In summary, you may only used your own designed decals and not others. If you are using actual custom plastic items, be sure to state them clearly in your entry description.
  14. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  15. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  16. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette together with the completed Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1. You may include up to 4 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  17. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  18. No LDD entries.
  19. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  20. No digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed.
  21. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  22. The contest begins now and will end on the 20th of June, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  23. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  24. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

The Prizes!

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top vote recipients for each category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to DarkFang. He will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, TLG has generously sponsored these new lovely minifigures from Series 4 while Eurobricks sponsored all handling/shipping costs.

gallery_2351_21_95014.jpg

Category A prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 set]

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set.

Category B prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 set for 2nd to 7th place ]

1st place: A complete set of 16 unique LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 collection.

2nd place: A choice of 5 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set.

7th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set.

*Important: All prizes are not in their sealed packet. All accessories will be included in the shipping*

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

WhiteFang

Edited by WhiteFang
Update of rules

Aw nuts! I was really looking forward to the challenge of displaying one minifigure from each Series on a 16x16 vig. Oh well this will still be quite fun! Maybe I'll place this time........

Oh and for the second category are we combining our favorite minfigures from each series or what?

Edited by Masked Builder

It's good to see another Collectable Minifigures Building Contest! I can already tell that Category 'B' is going to have some amazing collections of figures!

Oh and for the second category are we combining our favorite minfigures from each series or what?

It is meant for participants to make use of both LEGO customisation (official LEGO parts and non-official LEGO parts based on the rules and guidelines) to assemble your very own Eurobricks Collectables Minifigures Series 1 to be presented in a 16x16 vignette presentation of any theme.

As long the minifigures is not the same as the one we have seen before "officially" in any LEGO released sets, it will be fine.

It is meant for participants to make use of both LEGO customisation (official LEGO parts and non-official LEGO parts based on the rules and guidelines) to assemble your very own Eurobricks Collectables Minifigures Series 1 to be presented in a 16x16 vignette presentation of any theme.

As long the minifigures is not the same as the one we have seen before "officially" in any LEGO released sets, it will be fine.

And just to check, we need to make 16 right?

When you say any theme for Section A, does that mean all existing themes such as star wars, space, ninjago, etc? Or can it be a made up theme?

When you say any theme for Section A, does that mean all existing themes such as star wars, space, ninjago, etc? Or can it be a made up theme?

The Category A has always been a tradition since the start of Series 1 contest. You can find all of the past entries which was submitted by our participants for a better visual understanding.

In short, as long you are able to relate the selected Series 4 minifigure without physically displaying it or creating a placeholder minifigure for it, any theme is definitely acceptable. Of course, the audience must be able to relate the minifigure together with your selected theme.

Alright thanks, I just finished it and I uploaded the images, thanks for the great contest WhiteFang

Alright thanks, I just finished it and I uploaded the images, thanks for the great contest WhiteFang

That was extremely fast. *oh2*

By the way, can you amend the text description a little to prevent others from thinking that the black legs is meant as a placeholder minifigure or forms of representation. This was mentioned in the rules. Thanks.

I really like the change of pace for Category B. It makes sense to phase out the existing Category B because eventually it would become extremely difficult to get all the minifigs on one 16x16 Vignette.

You can certainly expect an entry from me.

Have fun building!

I really like the change of pace for Category B. It makes sense to phase out the existing Category B because eventually it would become extremely difficult to get all the minifigs on one 16x16 Vignette.

I am so glad to know that you like the new change for Category B. :sweet:

Looking forward to your entry!

So do you want me to completely get rid of the legs from the picture or just not mention it?

You can use your creative writing to indicate the changes in your description, so I won't think it will be the Hazmat Guy after reading it.

And so here comes the vignetting madness for the fourth time. I can't wait to see the entries this time around!

I'm a bit confused about category B. Are we suppose to put all 16 custom figs in one 16x16 vig?

I'm a bit confused about category B. Are we suppose to put all 16 custom figs in one 16x16 vig?

Yes. The rest of the images can focus on the 16 minifigures and the vignette separately.

The Category B contest looks a lot of fun but also quite hard to participate, I can't wait to see the candidates!

Whoohoo, here we are again!

Thank you EB for this great contest - and I'm glad to see LEGO did not hold any grievance from the last constest twist and is still sponsoring the event.

I'm totally in for Cat A, but I must say I'm puzzled by Cat B... and I feel I'm missing something.

Let me get this straight... we need to build a 16x16 vignette (so far so good) that can fit 16 (SIXTEEN! wow, you are really pushing us here!) unique and new Minifigs?? Appart from building a 16 floors vig (oh my what a picture nightmare), I do not see how to manage this without giving a cramped look to the scene! The only other option I see is to build some kind of plain stand platform... but that wouldn't really be a creative build.

Also are the MF supposed to interact with each other? The rules do not mention it so I'm guessing no - but I just want to be sure...

Let me get this straight... we need to build a 16x16 vignette (so far so good) that can fit 16 (SIXTEEN! wow, you are really pushing us here!) unique and new Minifigs?? Appart from building a 16 floors vig (oh my what a picture nightmare), I do not see how to manage this without giving a cramped look to the scene! The only other option I see is to build some kind of plain stand platform... but that wouldn't really be a creative build.

To raise the stakes and challenges, the boundaries are to be confine within 16x16 and the good news is, there is no height limit. Overhang is allowed (read the rules for more details). You can build anything that you want, even if you just want to stack a whole load of basic colour LEGO bricks as long you can justify where you are coming from. But do bear in mind, that judging is evaluated as a whole which includes your EB Series 1 minifigs and the presentation vignette.

Hope I have clarify the above point.

Also are the MF supposed to interact with each other? The rules do not mention it so I'm guessing no - but I just want to be sure...

No interaction is required with regards to the Category B for the Series 4 building contest.

Hm, category B is going to be tough. I'm not really a customizer, so coming up with 16 unique figs might be pushing it a little... Not to mention building a creative 16x16 vig to fit them all... I think my brain is going into meltdown :laugh:.

I think I just might give this contest a try! :classic: Catagory B is going to be a tough one, though. hmm... :sceptic: