Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Scooby Doo Mafia: All Fired Up - Day 4

Welcome to Day 4, campers!

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
  11. No player is allowed to privately contact any other player in this game about/playing the game. This includes but is not limited to PM, chat (such as IRC), IM (such as Skype and Steam), phone, and playing in person. All game discussion must take place in the appropriate day thread. The scum team will have a writeboard to use during the night phase only.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

The Gang (NPC) [/td]
21505978874_563b6d0eb1_q.jpg 21941898079_da5d65ce27_q.jpg 22128825525_316bcfa129_q.jpg 22116262302_89cb0d7d14_q.jpg 21505969464_bb738863b6_q.jpg
Scooby-Doo Shaggy Fred Daphne Velma

Current Players

22116259992_179faf7bd0_q.jpg Derrick Bird (Dragonfire)

22128823265_8303a0d623_q.jpg Lynn Benton (TrumpetKing)

21940937118_42e5def469_q.jpg Matthew Huff (def)

22102624896_2ef9bc67c0_q.jpg Patti Best (Piratedave84)

22128811445_99c6acbdd3_q.jpg Theodore Dunn (Scubacarrot)

Past Players

22138946691_a772868a01_q.jpg Carla Riddle (Dragonator), lynched Day 2 - Town

21507724153_c36ba0926a_q.jpg Alec McKenzie (Bob), killed Night 2 - Town

21507696193_0922ff3d30_q.jpg Trenton Collins (JackJonespaw), lynched Day 3 - Town

22138939681_645ae617e3_q.jpg Desiree Walters (mediumsnowman), killed Night 3 - Town

:facepalm:

Before this gets more out of control; I'm the town cop. I investigated Desiree on night 2 and tried to save her yesterday by trying to build a case on Trenton who I found somewhat scummy ... megabluck.

I cop'ed Matthew last night; he flipped town. I'm willing to accept that Theodore is town based on Desiree's tracking results so we have Derrick and Lynn who are not 'cleared'.

Derrick has been very vocal with a great level of participation whereas Lynn was more 'tame'; who do we lynch?

Lynn. She pinged me more. It's lynch or lose, isn't it?

Yeah it is; so we can't afford to mis-lynch and I'm not sure if "pings" are good enough ...

This is taking me way back to the Belleville mafia. Same situation. Five left, likely two scum... if the scum win the day, they win the game. If town wins the day, the scum still survive, so we can'T mislynch. I'm not 100% convinced of Dunn's innocence since scum are only killing once a night, meaning one is possibly not doing anything, but it's best to work the odds, and focus on Lynn and Derrick. Derrick has been at least as suspicious to me, if not more so. I'm going to have to surf through the last few days. Tomorrow though, had a few drinks. Tomorrow is a national holiday, bunkanohi. That means daddy drinks too much.

Vote analysis (Bold are town/confimed, underlined are probably town)

Role vote

Current Votes Tally

Cop: 9 (Dragonfire,Scubacarrot,JackJonespaw,Piratedave84,def,Bob,Dragonator,TrumpetKing,mediumsnowman)

Tracker: 6 (Dragonfire,Scubacarrot,JackJonespaw,Piratedave84,Bob,TrumpetKing)

Watcher: 3 (Dragonator,mediumsnowman,def)

There are about 3.5 hours left in the day.

Day 2

Final Vote Tally

Carla (Dragonator) - 7 (Piratedave84,Scubacarrot,mediumsnowman,JackJonespaw,Dragonfire,TrumpetKing,Bob)

Patti (Piratedave84) - 1 (Dragonator)

Desiree (MediumSnowman) - 1 (def)

With 7 votes, Carla has been chosen for today's lynch.

Day 1 is now concluded. Get those night actions submitted!

Day 3

Vote Tally

Desiree Walters (mediumsnowman) - 2 (JackJonespaw, TrumpetKing)

Trenton Collins (JackJonespaw) - 4 (Piratedave84,mediumsnoman,Dragonfire,Scubacarrot)

Non-Voters - def

With a total of 4 votes, Trenton Collins (JackJonespaw) has been chosen for today's lynch.

Night has begun, get those night actions sent in!

not much to go on here. I agree that we can't rule out that Theodore isn't scum.

I'm enclined to vote Derrick, I think he's the "out in front" scum. I have some reading to do

Actually analysis is a big word .. more like vote snapshot ....

I agree that we can't rule out that Theodore isn't scum.

I disagree.

Patti, if your, the cop's (all assuming the cop hasn't been dead for a while and you and huff are the actual scum) result is right, wouldn't we lynch either of them and just win, assuming you can cop one of them or get killed. Also, I went back and you trying to protect desiree was pretty weak.

I disagree.

Patti, if your, the cop's (all assuming the cop hasn't been dead for a while and you and huff are the actual scum) result is right, wouldn't we lynch either of them and just win, assuming you can cop one of them or get killed. Also, I went back and you trying to protect desiree was pretty weak.

You are by no means confirmed so yeah we can suspect you BUT in your hurry to defend yourself, you failed to notice (or chose ot ignore) that both Matthew and I were willing to trust you and lynch Derrick or Lynn.

Speaking of which, who'd you rather? From your previous comment it seems you'd be willing to lynch me ....

Also, I went back and you trying to protect desiree was pretty weak.

I 100% agree with this; it was an intense struggle of to claim or not to claim ... I saw a weak opening in building a case on Trenton and thought I could pull it off without incriminating myself. Had Desiree not claimed, I would have. The dilema was letting a know towny (known to me) die versus staying alive and possibly netting a scummo.

:facepalm:

Before this gets more out of control; I'm the town cop. I investigated Desiree on night 2 and tried to save her yesterday by trying to build a case on Trenton who I found somewhat scummy ... megabluck.

I cop'ed Matthew last night; he flipped town. I'm willing to accept that Theodore is town based on Desiree's tracking results so we have Derrick and Lynn who are not 'cleared'.

Derrick has been very vocal with a great level of participation whereas Lynn was more 'tame'; who do we lynch?

I was hoping someone was going to claim cop. Lynch or lose, and you can't afford to, can you?

I am the town cop. On Night Two, I investigated Alec and got a Town result. And then he died. :sceptic: On Night Three, I investigated Matthew since I suspected him and found him to be Town as well. So I knew both scum were in the three remaining players. And now one of them has been kind enough to reveal herself. Good job :thumbup: You just made finding the scum a whole lot easier.

Vote analysis (Bold are town/confimed, underlined are probably town)

Maybe you should make sure the cop is properly dead before you start leading the town, eh?

I meant that I disagree that "We" can't rule out that I can be scum, because I know I am not. It was not meant the way you think. If you get what I am saying. I'd say we need to hear from both of them today, but as I said, Lynn seems more scummy to me, very quiet, pensive, average play.

Oh damn, that's what we called a brown softball helicopter jamboree back in 'nam. Stuff hitting the fan.

Anyway, it's lynch or lose now. As Matthew is just about cleared (unless of course he is the godfather; unlikely though since it's a small game and there's quite probably a mafia strongman too), the other four of us are counterclaiming roles: two cops and two vanilla townies. Unless the second scum decides to come out and claim neutral :tongue: Or tracker, that would be funnier :grin: The question is, should we lynch in cops or lynch in vanillas today?

So, bird, you obviously state Patti is scum and you are the real cop, but how would we know? I don't really see you as way less or more scummy than Patti, so... You are going to have to do better than that. You also have the disadvantage of the second, possible desperation, claim. Also, why did you investigate Alec?

Okay nevermind, I'm probably voting Matthew purely for that last post.

And by Matthew I mean Derrick.

So, bird, you obviously state Patti is scum and you are the real cop, but how would we know? I don't really see you as way less or more scummy than Patti, so... You are going to have to do better than that. You also have the disadvantage of the second, possible desperation, claim. Also, why did you investigate Alec?

1) You don't, unless you are scum with Patti. From my point of view, she is confirmed scum. From your point of view if you're town, it's a 50/50

2) How is my second claim desperation? Surely if I was scum, I could have held my own against two other people in a lynch-or-lose? And besides, I live in the UK so I wasn't online for the start of the day and Patti's claim.

3) I was acting under the assumption that Carla was scum. Alec was reluctant to vote for Carla and seemed to be soft-defending her. I wanted to find out if he was scum or not, because I figured that if Carla was scum, Alec might get some heat on Day Three and if he was town, I could possibly save a townie from a lynch.

I was hoping someone was going to claim cop. Lynch or lose, and you can't afford to, can you?

I am the town cop. On Night Two, I investigated Alec and got a Town result. And then he died. :sceptic: On Night Three, I investigated Matthew since I suspected him and found him to be Town as well. So I knew both scum were in the three remaining players. And now one of them has been kind enough to reveal herself. Good job :thumbup: You just made finding the scum a whole lot easier.

Maybe you should make sure the cop is properly dead before you start leading the town, eh?

HA!

You're toast buddy!!!

Thanks for outing yourself like this; it makes our job much, much easier. There is no way, that you would have cop'ed Alec on day 2 because he was under no scrutiny. The goal here was to catch scum and with such a little pool of candidates to pick from, you HAVE to pick the second suspect.

Your justificatiopn for the investigation is weak; you will be lynched!

There's no way our second suspect (Lynn) will not vote for you so we already have majority!

:happydance: (I wish this existed!)

Anyway, it's lynch or lose now. As Matthew is just about cleared (unless of course he is the godfather; unlikely though since it's a small game and there's quite probably a mafia strongman too), the other four of us are counterclaiming roles: two cops and two vanilla townies. Unless the second scum decides to come out and claim neutral :tongue: Or tracker, that would be funnier :grin: The question is, should we lynch in cops or lynch in vanillas today?

Read: "There is a godfather and no strongarm killer"

Thanks for the headsup!

Thanks for outing yourself like this; it makes our job much, much easier. There is no way, that you would have cop'ed Alec on day 2 because he was under no scrutiny. The goal here was to catch scum and with such a little pool of candidates to pick from, you HAVE to pick the second suspect.

You can say what you like, but ultimately it comes down to who people believe most: you or me. Unless we lynch in the vanillas.

Your justificatiopn for the investigation is weak; you will be lynched!

So you think everyone will just believe you 100%, point blank? I hope people aren't that stupid.

There's no way our second suspect (Lynn) will not vote for you so we already have majority!

"We"? There are five of us alive. Me and you, and three others. Currently Matthew suspects me, but hasn't been online since my claim; Lynn could go either way, and Theodore isn't rushing to lynch anyone right now. An overt overestimation.

Besides, this is pretty interesting. How do you know Lynn will never vote for me? Is it because you know she's scum with you and she will always vote with you to achieve a win for scum? Or is this whole "suspect Lynn" thing a ruse to draw suspicion away from Theodore, and you "know you have the majority" because you're counting Lynn's vote alongside you and your buddy Theo's?

Read: "There is a godfather and no strongarm killer"

Thanks for the headsup!

:wacko: :wacko: Not even gonna begin to unravel this one; now you're just making random assumptions and basically screaming "DERRICK IS SOOOOO SCUMMY IT'S JUST SO FUNNY HE'S SCUMMING IT UP!!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!!"

Oh and besides, a little bit of WIFOM Patti, supposing I was indeed mafia and fake-claiming, don't you think I'd try and lace all my words with WIFOM? :wink: Your eagerness to... believe?... stuff that a supposed scum says is quite disturbing and betrays your true alignment.

You can say what you like, but ultimately it comes down to who people believe most: you or me. Unless we lynch in the vanillas.

So you think everyone will just believe you 100%, point blank? I hope people aren't that stupid.

"We"? There are five of us alive. Me and you, and three others. Currently Matthew suspects me, but hasn't been online since my claim; Lynn could go either way, and Theodore isn't rushing to lynch anyone right now. An overt overestimation.

Besides, this is pretty interesting. How do you know Lynn will never vote for me? Is it because you know she's scum with you and she will always vote with you to achieve a win for scum? Or is this whole "suspect Lynn" thing a ruse to draw suspicion away from Theodore, and you "know you have the majority" because you're counting Lynn's vote alongside you and your buddy Theo's?

:wacko: :wacko: Not even gonna begin to unravel this one; now you're just making random assumptions and basically screaming "DERRICK IS SOOOOO SCUMMY IT'S JUST SO FUNNY HE'S SCUMMING IT UP!!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!!"

Oh and besides, a little bit of WIFOM Patti, supposing I was indeed mafia and fake-claiming, don't you think I'd try and lace all my words with WIFOM? :wink: Your eagerness to... believe?... stuff that a supposed scum says is quite disturbing and betrays your true alignment.

Keep digging your hole buddy!

Lynn will vote for you to save her megablocks; it's you or her ... So yeah you're screwed!

I have to give you credit for your high post count and your eagerness to contribute in this game. You could probably have swayed my vote today had it not been for your fake-claim.

I didn't cop you because I was pretty sure you were town until today; your scum game was on point. Good job!

Too bad you won't get to win this time!

Something about this claim seems off to me. How convenient is it that your first result died and your second result was also cleared by the person counterclaiming you? Especially coming as a second claim.

Patti's claim isn't much better, though. Her defense of Desiree is weak at best, but I suppose it makes more sense than Derrick's.

What? After you and Derrick claimed, there's no reason for me to be the other suspect. We have two counter-claiming cops, one of those is guaranteed lying. You could easily be lying, and by saying it should be me and Derrick, that would mean the town would be risking lynching a townie either way. That's a rather convenient way to push attention off of the scum.

That didn't finish posting. :wacko:

I meant "off the scum and onto the town". And I don't recall anybody else being certain that your claim is the truthful one, Patti, so I'm not altogether too sure as to why you seem to think we do, given you seem to think it's between myself and Derrick, and not you for even being a conflicting claim.

Keep digging your hole buddy!

Lynn will vote for you to save her megablocks; it's you or her ... So yeah you're screwed!

I have to give you credit for your high post count and your eagerness to contribute in this game. You could probably have swayed my vote today had it not been for your fake-claim.

I didn't cop you because I was pretty sure you were town until today; your scum game was on point. Good job!

Too bad you won't get to win this time!

This is just starting to look more and more off to me with every post. You don't even seem to be making a case other than the fact that he counterclaims you as scum. This all reads to me as filler. You even say you read him as town. There's absolutely no substance to your accusations, and you're so tunneled in on him that once again, I can't help but ask you, why I'm the other suspect, when you're acting this way? You're a conflicting cop claim, and this is how you're trying to prove you're the true cop? That doesn't sit well with me.

Normally, I would go with the first claim being legit, but there are two things that make me question it:

1. Derrick wasn't really under pressure to claim, and if anything, two of the three of us were leaning towards Lynn. That makes her claim actually sound like a counter-claim.

and

2. This is Patti. I've played with Patti. I've worked with Patti. I know she knows how to be balls to the wall crazy. The scum only need one mis-lynch to win the game, so jumping out at the start of the day to say she's the cop would be really damn clever. The only thing that might go against this is that she probably would have fingered someone as scum to direct the lynch. Softly pointing at townies is effective too.

This is going to be a hard vote, a real Tammo's Choice.

You may now vote for the player you find most worthy of a Lynch.

Voting should be done in the following format;

Vote: Character (Player).

Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;

Unvote: Character (Player).

No other format will be accepted.

With 5 players left, a majority vote of 3 is required to lynch a player.

It's not me or her, it's me or you here..... unless you'd rather lynch her or Theo. Your insistence that it's "me or Lynn" and not Theo at all is disturbing - almost as if you're trying to shield him from all suspicion.

So.... why did you want to lynch me just before I claimed?

Something about this claim seems off to me. How convenient is it that your first result died and your second result was also cleared by the person counterclaiming you? Especially coming as a second claim.

Can't help it, can I? I already explained why I checked Alec, and Matthew was my top suspect out of the surviving players, so I checked him last night. And the fact that I claimed second was due to time zones...

Oh, and Vote: Patti Best (Piratedave84)

Okay, questions:

Patti, why did you claim cop today? We are close to the end of the game, but if we lynch scum today, the cop is still very useful. Why did you investigate Desiree? Why me?

Derrick, why did you investigate Alec? Why me? Who do you suspect the last two scum are?

For the record, I'm not offended that I was "investigated" by both, but I was unaware that I was the most suspicious living person last night.

I claimed because I knew we could not afford to lynch town again today. I decided that the best way to handle my results was to come out as the cop straight away. I didnt handle Desiree's result as I should have but iNhad to do something without claiming; it was weak but I had nothing else.

I investigates Desiree because she was the second most suspicious person. I investigated you because of your relative inactivity; I didn't find you particularly scummy but you usually are way, way more up front and bold when you're vanilla.

Regarding Lynn or Derrick; Theodore is 'cleared' by virtue of not having been seen killing, like I said earlier it's better to play the odds at this point. Since I'm the cop, Matthew is cleared by my investigation and Theo is not a suspect right now; yeah it's Lynn or Derrick.

Derrick is scum, his claim is not legitimate and if we fail to lynch him, we will lose this game.

vote: Derrick (Dragonfire)

I'm going to wait with voting, until I hear more. We have to lynch one of the cops now. I'm convinced Lynn is the last scum, but she won't vote for herself, so It's going to be either a Patti or Derrick Lynch. I'm still leaning Derrick.

One other thing that leads me to suspect Derrick over Patti, is Derrick's use of the blue text. Obviously, that means something, and I'm not going to break a rule, but yeah. It's copying what Desiree did yesterday. Since Patti didn't do it, I think Derrick used it solely to seem somehow more legitimate.

Derrick, why did you investigate Alec? Why me? Who do you suspect the last two scum are?

I've already answered the question about Alec, so please read above, but just for tl;dr purposes, I suspected him based off the assumption that Carla was scum and that Alec was soft-defending her on Day Two.

I investigated you based on yesterday; as Desiree had made her claim and we had lynched Trenton (who I thought was scum number one), I decided to investigate the number three person on my list of suspicions, aka you. Read Day Two and Three; it's quite obvious that I at least somewhat suspected you. I had null-reads on the other three, so went for the scummiest person IMO with my action.

I claimed because I knew we could not afford to lynch town again today. I decided that the best way to handle my results was to come out as the cop straight away. I didnt handle Desiree's result as I should have but iNhad to do something without claiming; it was weak but I had nothing else.

Incredibly gutsy move; you were probably gambling that the cop was dead, and if they were alive, you being the first to claim added credibility to your claim too. So I have to commend you on this, you're playing much better than you were last game as scum.

I investigates Desiree because she was the second most suspicious person. I investigated you because of your relative inactivity; I didn't find you particularly scummy but you usually are way, way more up front and bold when you're vanilla.

I chose to check Alec over Desiree on Night Two because he's a more experienced player and harder to read in general. Desiree I felt was so obvious scum she didn't need checking :blush: I also felt that if Alec flipped town, he'd be a better person to have as a clear in 5-way or 3-way than Desiree and would be more likely to make the right decisions (Desiree, sorry if I'm offending you if you're still out there somewhere :cry_sad: )

Regarding Lynn or Derrick; Theodore is 'cleared' by virtue of not having been seen killing, like I said earlier it's better to play the odds at this point. Since I'm the cop, Matthew is cleared by my investigation and Theo is not a suspect right now; yeah it's Lynn or Derrick.

Once again, your complete refusal to even consider Theo a suspect is astounding. Guys, you have to realise that if Patti was town she would not be playing this badly. Any townie wouldn't write another townie off as 'clear' just because they haven't been seen killing when there are most likely two scum and only one scum killer..... :wacko:

Derrick is scum, his claim is not legitimate and if we fail to lynch him, we will lose this game.

Stating WIFOM fluff like this doesn't help your case. I think we all know that if we lynch town today we lose, and it's your word against mine...

I'm going to wait with voting, until I hear more. We have to lynch one of the cops now. I'm convinced Lynn is the last scum, but she won't vote for herself, so It's going to be either a Patti or Derrick Lynch. I'm still leaning Derrick.

Don't get me wrong; although it's safest to lynch Patti (confirmed scum from my point of view), we could also vote in you/Lynn if that's where everyone else wants to go. I personally don't really suspect either of you over the other atm; Patti's posts condemn both of you in different ways - however, that could be a deliberate tactic to muddy the waters should she be lynched today.

One other thing that leads me to suspect Derrick over Patti, is Derrick's use of the blue text. Obviously, that means something, and I'm not going to break a rule, but yeah. It's copying what Desiree did yesterday. Since Patti didn't do it, I think Derrick used it solely to seem somehow more legitimate.

I always use bold blue text when I'm a role and I claim it. Read Day Three (I think?) of Blacktron Mafia. So to me, that's a moot point. I like to claim very formally and put all the facts on the table; it's just how I play. If you think that's scummy, then you're disagreeing with my playstyle, not my position in this game.