Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Scooby Doo Mafia: All Fired Up - Day 3

Welcome to Day 3, campers!

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
  11. No player is allowed to privately contact any other player in this game about/playing the game. This includes but is not limited to PM, chat (such as IRC), IM (such as Skype and Steam), phone, and playing in person. All game discussion must take place in the appropriate day thread. The scum team will have a writeboard to use during the night phase only.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

The Gang (NPC) [/td]
21505978874_563b6d0eb1_q.jpg 21941898079_da5d65ce27_q.jpg 22128825525_316bcfa129_q.jpg 22116262302_89cb0d7d14_q.jpg 21505969464_bb738863b6_q.jpg
Scooby-Doo Shaggy Fred Daphne Velma

Current Players

22116259992_179faf7bd0_q.jpg Derrick Bird (Dragonfire)

22138939681_645ae617e3_q.jpg Desiree Walters (mediumsnowman)

22128823265_8303a0d623_q.jpg Lynn Benton (TrumpetKing)

21940937118_42e5def469_q.jpg Matthew Huff (def)

22102624896_2ef9bc67c0_q.jpg Patti Best (Piratedave84)

21507696193_0922ff3d30_q.jpg Trenton Collins (JackJonespaw)

22128811445_99c6acbdd3_q.jpg Theodore Dunn (Scubacarrot)

Past Players

21507724153_c36ba0926a_q.jpg Alec McKenzie (Bob), killed Night 2 - Town

22138946691_a772868a01_q.jpg Carla Riddle (Dragonator), lynched Day 2 - Town

I posted this in day 2 ... because I'm an idiot!

- - -

Alec posted 4 times, his posts were relatively non-commital and he was on my short list of potential scummos for today for being wishy-washy.

Target of opportunity? Meta-Killed?

Do you think there's a chance that since we didn't get to use our night actions last night, the scum didn't get to use their actions?

I do concur with Patti's questioning of Carla, since that's something that stood out to me quite clearly yesterday. Additionally, she pushed for a watcher instead of a tracker. To me, the watcher just seems like more of a defensive role instead of an offensive one. The watcher would simply be watching the cop to see if they die at night. Doing this also puts the cop right in the crosshairs, regardless of whether or not the watcher is watching the cop.

Carla's post is suspicious, as I've said. It could be that she was trying to speculate on game mechanics and abilities, but it could also be a legitimate slip-up. People have historically been lynched for less in these sorts of games. I'm sort of treating this like Day One, Part Two, since everyone is still alive and there were no night actions. We don't really have anything to go on except for what happened on the real Day One. All we can look at is what stuck out to us most on Day One. That post is one of them for me, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dive head first into a lynch and add to a potential snowball bangwagon. I'm going to hold off for now.

That should be bandwagon, not bangwagon...The latter is something much different, I'm sure. :blush:

As suspicious as I find Carla's speculation about the game mechanics is, I just can't see myself voting for her over it. It just doesn't feel right to me and I think we're rushing into this vote here. I said earlier that I thought this was going to snowball and now it is. I know we talked about how suspect the post was a little bit at the end of yesterday, but still, I don't know if I can do it. There's still time left today, so I'm going to wait before I send my grandma to the chopping block.

Desiree is one of the others I'd consider voting for. Lynn Benton as well, for this:

Yes, she's critiquing one of my posts, but the timing of it is all off. This is one of the first things I and a few others said today, and it's already been scrutinized and explained. To me it just seems like she's repeating something that's easy and able to make her posts look like they have substance. Her entire reply to my post was basically a regurgitation of everything that was said early in the day.

I don't necessarily want to vote for Carla, but I will just to ensure we have a lynch in case one of the poorly formatted votes are not counted.

Vote: Carla Riddle (Dragonator)

I'm sorry grandma! :cry_sad:

Great. :hmpf_bad: I was pretty convinced she was Scum :wall:

Alec's death is surprising, I would have thought the Scum might go for someone more vocal and opinionated. I guess he may have been "fear-killed" due to his experience - but then again, there's only one newish player here and I think it's unlikely there is only one Scum. So maybe the Scum just chose someone at random.

Speculation's gonna get us nowhere today though. Later today (when I have more time), expect some form of a bandwagon analysis (a la Blacktron) from me, and possibly a look into Carla's top suspect (Patti).

All I can glean from Alec's posts was that he didn't support the Carla lynch and was suspicious of Lynn and Desiree....

Speculation's gonna get us nowhere today though. Later today (when I have more time), expect some form of a bandwagon analysis (a la Blacktron) from me, and possibly a look into Carla's top suspect (Patti).

It's worth a look, but don't immediately assume that since Carla was Town, that makes Patti scum. I've gotten 0 scum vibes from Patti.

On another note, looks like the Town has no vig, so one night kill...by the scum. We still never worked out how the cop will say if he finds a scum, though. I'm pretty curious about the results - we could start forming a town block here...although the lack of PMs might prove difficult.

SNIP and possibly a look into Carla's top suspect (Patti).

Can't wait :moar::hmpf_bad:!!

It's worth a look, but don't immediately assume that since Carla was Town, that makes Patti scum. I've gotten 0 scum vibes from Patti.

On another note, looks like the Town has no vig, so one night kill...by the scum. We still never worked out how the cop will say if he finds a scum, though. I'm pretty curious about the results - we could start forming a town block here...although the lack of PMs might prove difficult.

I've been thinking about this and I can't figure a way for the cop to reveal their results without compromising themselves. The best bet is for them to wait to catch scum and then to claim and reveal the results which will inevitably result in their death.

I'm not going to say I have zero vibes on Patti: I know she is a brash, erratic player. That said, I totally concur that Carla being town doesn't make Patti scum. The number of times that two townies fought amounts themselves as the scum giggled in the background is probably countable on this site, but uncountable on the Internet as a whole.

I still think Desiree was weak in her votes, and seemed a little coached in her getting a vote from me.

If the cop found anything, I don't know the best way to spill it. They should probably just do a Google search rather than take advice from anyone here.

If the cop finds a scum, IMO he/she should claim publicly. There are 9 players in this game - realistically that means two scum. A scum for a cop isn't a terrible trade-off if there are only two to start with. And hopefully by the time the cop claims they'll have some confirmed town reports as well.

I know - personally I'd be inclined to townread Patti, but I'd feel mad at myself if Carla was right and we didn't listen to her after her death.

If the cop finds a scum, IMO he/she should claim publicly. There are 9 players in this game - realistically that means two scum. A scum for a cop isn't a terrible trade-off if there are only two to start with. And hopefully by the time the cop claims they'll have some confirmed town reports as well.

I know - personally I'd be inclined to townread Patti, but I'd feel mad at myself if Carla was right and we didn't listen to her after her death.

Two things...one - there's only 7 of us left. And still two scum. So there are five of us. Hopefully the cop got town today and just is keeping it to himself until he finds scum. I agree that once he discovers scum, he should spill every report. I feel like, yea, we should look into Patti, but Carla knew just as little as the rest of us about any town/scum affiliation...

So much uncertainty. But it gives me elation.

I'm very interested to see what happens.

Meh, Private Carla was being incredibly silly. I agree with Private Huff that I'd like more actual words from Private Desiree Walters. She brushed off roused suspicions yesterday by just saying that she did not think it worth responding to, which could very well be a scum tactic. As for Private Patti, she has been putting herself out there, I am leaning town, but not convinced. I am in no way thinking that she is more likely to be scum after Carla has been found town.

Is it me or is Private Benton flying fairly under the radar?

Hey, finally got a chance to check in! I was sure Carla was going to flip scum. :wall:

Reading Patti's analysis, I really have no idea why our dear departed Alec was targeted. He was so young... :cry_sad:

Everyone except Lynn has been online and posted in this thread, so it's unlikely our cop found a scummo last night. Or else they would have claimed and reported it. More on Lynn in a second.

I'm inclined to believe Patty is town, just trying to get the ball rolling on what was effectively Day 1. But hey, I've been wrong before.

So... Back to Lynn Benton. As Mr. Dunn mentioned, she has been flying under the radar. I looked back through the previous 2 days and found he has posted 5 times.

Ah, this is interesting for a first day. Let's not let this get in the way of thinking we should relax, though. The roles we choose are going to be very important given what's to come.

The strongman is certainly a concern. I'm not sure how big of a concern it should be, though. It could just be mentioned to cause some paranoia (with so little of us this is a very plausible scenario), but at the same time, why would the Gods give a warning of such a thing if it weren't in existence?

Regardless, I would say it's a given that we choose the cop for one of our roles. As for a second role, I'm left unsure. The tracker, as I see it, is more advantageous than the watcher, but then we are left with two information-based roles, which could be very risky given the fact that we'd be without a potential resistance role in a doctor or blocker. I lean towards the doctor right now, because the possibility of a strongman, as we've discussed, is only a possibility. For all we know, there might not even be one.

Also, has anyone else noticed the lack of a vigilante? It seems odd that there wouldn't be one. Is that just because of the low number of us, or could there be a vigilante roaming the camp already?

He mentions the strongman discussion, but doesn't take a stand on it and leaves his statement rather open ended.

Later on he brings up the possibility of a vigilante. To me, this is ridiculous. A vig in a game this small would inflate the death rate catastrophically. This is an odd thing to mention, and may have just been to stir up some confusion.

I see what you're saying. I don't necessarily see a blocker is any more beneficial in that scenario, though. Both have similar purposes, just with different targets. I guess one could argue that the blocker is more likely to meet success, but that's only if they get a scum. Both roles are left with low chances at the start.

I'm not certain there's a strongarm killer yet, in which I would suggest choosing the doctor for our second role. That being said, the possibility of a strongarm is still very much accountable for, and could be a good counter to the same theories brought up earlier about ways to take advantage of having a doctor and a cop. I'm willing to play this out safe.

Vote: Cop

Vote: Tracker

His PR voting isn't overly suspicious.

I can see what he's saying. There's definite benefits to both. If I'm understanding it correctly, though, in both scenarios the watcher/tracker would remain quiet while the cop would come clean. Having a watcher here could definitely have its rewards, but the tracker isn't necessarily unmerited in itself. On one hand, with the watcher, we're more likely to get clues towards the scum in multiple scenarios - both as watch results on the cop and from cop results. With the tracker, we're going to get these results in a similar matter, but I think a lot of the main concern is in the clarity of these results - they are more likely to be less concrete or solidified results than they would sith a watcher, but then again, with a watcher that we seem to have planned to visit the cop every night, that gives the scum some wiggle room to move around with. That's where the element of surprise that the tracker brings comes into play. Both are valid roles with valid approaches.

For now, I think I'll keep my vote on the tracker, but if we need a majority as we approach the deadline I would be eager to support a watcher.

Lynn seems to be flip flopping a lot on the possible PR's. He has mentioned voting for the Cop, Tracker, Doctor, Watcher, and Blocker. All of them, actually. :blush: To me, it seems he is unwilling to commit to one path. These three posts are the extent of his contributions to Day 1.

Sorry for the absence this morning, I've had some business to attend to.

Given the lack of a kill, and the note pointed out earlier about night actions not being sent in, I'm sure that's a given. Why wouldn't the scum take advantage of a night when we don't have kills?

Carla's experience certainly contribute to this suspicion, and the OMGUS vote definitely doesn't help her case at all. I think just about everybody picked up on Carla's behavior, though.

Carla's explanation to me doesn't really make sense. I don't know if it's just me not understanding what she's saying, or the mechanics behind the roles, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. To me, she gave a weak explanation for her words and immediately shifted to how Patti must be scum for jumping onto an "easy lynch". How, though, is a Carla lynch "easy", especially guven her experience? The only thing at this point that would make her an easy lynch would be her own comments, and from then, she is now inquiring as to why we need to lynch. Well, it's a pretty important way to gather information early, Carla. Given yor ambivalence towards a lynch, yet lack of unvote, combined with your earlier behavior, I have enough reason to feel more comfortable voting for you today.

Vote: Carla (Dragonator)

On Day 2 he misses the first part of the day, though as he says RL stuff got in the way. He seems to repeat stuff said by others during the day, finally settling on voting for the now confirmed townie Carla.

Here is his final contribution to Day 2:

Yes, she's critiquing one of my posts, but the timing of it is all off. This is one of the first things I and a few others said today, and it's already been scrutinized and explained. To me it just seems like she's repeating something that's easy and able to make her posts look like they have substance. Her entire reply to my post was basically a regurgitation of everything that was said early in the day.

The timing being off is of reasonable note. I had mentioned that I had been gone, though, so truthfully, I was going through the day and replying to what I saw was worth replying to. There's nothing more to it.

Confirmed townie Bob raises some good points about Lynn. Her reply doesn't seem to adequately address the points mentioned. At this point, Bob was the only one to raise suspicions about Lynn. Could Benton wish to silence him before he could build a better case tomorrow? :look::hmpf_bad:

I'd be willing to vote for Lynn Benton today. Non-commital, flip-flopping, flying under the radar, low posting Lynn Benton. :hmpf_bad:

I'd be willing to vote for Lynn Benton today. Non-commital, flip-flopping, flying under the radar, low posting Lynn Benton. :hmpf_bad:

Hmm, not a bad analysis. The "irl gone" excuse is a good one, but unfortunately quite easy to corrupt. I'd like to hope that it's truthful here...

However, your reason for Bob's death doesn't seem very...I don't know, legitimate? Bob's comment wasn't so much a ping for Lynn as a scrutinizing tip off about content. At least, that's what it seemed like to me. Could be wrong, I dunno. I find myself more agreeing with Derrick and some other person (I can't find that post) who said that it was either a random kill or getting Bob, who is an experienced player, out of the way.

Hmm, not a bad analysis. The "irl gone" excuse is a good one, but unfortunately quite easy to corrupt. I'd like to hope that it's truthful here...

However, your reason for Bob's death doesn't seem very...I don't know, legitimate? Bob's comment wasn't so much a ping for Lynn as a scrutinizing tip off about content. At least, that's what it seemed like to me. Could be wrong, I dunno. I find myself more agreeing with Derrick and some other person (I can't find that post) who said that it was either a random kill or getting Bob, who is an experienced player, out of the way.

That's certainly a possibility. The connection between Bob being the only one suspicious of Lynn, then Bob turning up dead, was what originally triggered my suspicions. I was then compelled to review Lynn's posts, and what I found was rather... disturbing. Is that the right word? I don't even know anymore. :wacko:

I'd feel mad at myself if Carla was right and we didn't listen to her after her death.

No no no. Carla had as much to go on with her accusation as anybody did with their votes on Carla. Lynching Patti cuz Carla said so is very very bad play.

I was sure Carla was going to flip scum. :wall:

I think this is actually a very suspicious thing to say, thinking about it. It's your standard, oh-no-the-lynch-did-not-work-out-but-the-player-was-so-suspicious-boohoo talk that scum just love because it make it seem like they empathize with the general town. Those types of comments townies make too, but sure? It seems unlikely that a town player would be 'sure' about a day 1 lynch with little to go on. The statement is also almost a parrot of a comment made by Private Bird.Very suspicious, Private Walters.

I think this is actually a very suspicious thing to say, thinking about it. It's your standard, oh-no-the-lynch-did-not-work-out-but-the-player-was-so-suspicious-boohoo talk that scum just love because it make it seem like they empathize with the general town. Those types of comments townies make too, but sure? It seems unlikely that a town player would be 'sure' about a day 1 lynch with little to go on. The statement is also almost a parrot of a comment made by Private Bird.Very suspicious, Private Walters.

Carla's comments seemed exactly like a slip of the tongue by one of the scum. :sceptic: I was certainly convinced, and apparently so were a lot of the others. Or else they wouldn't have voted for her. I don't think it's parroting, expressing surprise/disappointment at one's alignment when revealed is very common.

Confirmed townie Bob raises some good points about Lynn. Her reply doesn't seem to adequately address the points mentioned. At this point, Bob was the only one to raise suspicions about Lynn. Could Benton wish to silence him before he could build a better case tomorrow? :look::hmpf_bad:

Some good points here, but your reasoning for Alec's death is slightly hypocritical - the same can be said for you, seeing as you were his top suspect.

No no no. Carla had as much to go on with her accusation as anybody did with their votes on Carla. Lynching Patti cuz Carla said so is very very bad play.

But I never said I wanted to lynch Patti because Carla said so. Far from it - I said that I was inclined to townread Patti but I wanted to look into her because of Carla's suspicion of her. You're twisting my words here :hmpf_bad:

Some good points here, but your reasoning for Alec's death is slightly hypocritical - the same can be said for you, seeing as you were his top suspect.

I read through all Bob's posts and I don't see where he ever said I was his "top suspect." The closest I can find is this:

Desiree is one of the others I'd consider voting for.

He actually wrote a paragraph documenting Lynn's scumminesa, and barely a sentence for me. I would say Lynn was his top suspect. :blush:

Twisting my own argument against me, Mr. Bird? ... Ping. :hmpf_bad:

The word up there is supposed to "scumminess," not "scumminesa." :wacko::laugh:

I find myself more agreeing with Derrick and some other person (I can't find that post) who said that it was either a random kill or getting Bob, who is an experienced player, out of the way.

Now, I know it's bad form to speak ill of the dead, but there is experience, and there's experience. I don't recall a single time he ever posed a threat to the scum team except those times he was a member of the scum team. I'm going to go with random.

You're twisting my words here :hmpf_bad:

What of what Carla said should we listen to? In your own words, I won't twist them.

Scum sometimes silence someone speaking too much truth, but I don't think it's usually done on day one over such an off-hand remark. Your enthusiasm to lynch Benton is noted though. You sure work hard when your name has come up today, a total 180 on your play style yesterday. Coaching?

I'm a little shocked that Carla came up as town, based off of yesterday. That doesn't mean we can't recover, however.

I understand that there's thoughts about me hiding and flying under the radar, but what I've been saying is truthful. Time has just unexpectedly not been on my side in recent days, and things are freeing up quite a bit that will hopefully prevent my little naps from occurring again.

Now, it seems like Desiree is tunnel-visioned on lynching me and defending herself.

So... Back to Lynn Benton. As Mr. Dunn mentioned, she has been flying under the radar. I looked back through the previous 2 days and found he has posted 5 times.

He mentions the strongman discussion, but doesn't take a stand on it and leaves his statement rather open ended

I've already clarified my low-post count, there should be no reason you should take that as me lying, unless you're incredibly paranoid. There's zero use in lying over such a thing. Sure, my statements about the strongman can be seen as flip-flopping. Rather, I was just weighing out the possibilities. There were reasons for and against there being a strongman. I don't need to take a side on something we don't know exists, which I do believe I also made clear.

Later on he brings up the possibility of a vigilante. To me, this is ridiculous. A vig in a game this small would inflate the death rate catastrophically. This is an odd thing to mention, and may have just been to stir up some confusion.

As for the comment on the vigilante, I'm sorry that you find that ridiculous. Unfortunately, that speculation and question-asking was something I found reasonable to wonder of, as I've seen games smaller than this with a vigilante. Vigilantes aren't typically compulsory actions, meaning a vigilante can wait until they're convinced someone is scum to kill, and I was bringing up the possibility. The fact that you think bringing something up because of such a small town number is ridiculous is absurd in itself, because I even brought up that the lack of mention of one could just be because there isn't due to our low population.

His PR voting isn't overly suspicious.

Then why bring it up in a post addressing your suspicions of me?

Lynn seems to be flip flopping a lot on the possible PR's. He has mentioned voting for the Cop, Tracker, Doctor, Watcher, and Blocker. All of them, actually. :blush: To me, it seems he is unwilling to commit to one path. These three posts are the extent of his contributions to Day 1.

This is the second time you've mistaken my discussion points as being wishy-washy. I was trying to gather another viewpoint for the town to help us proceed with making a decision, and how else was I supposed to do that? There's pros and cons to each role, and I clearly settled on a role, so what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Alec's affiliation is pretty irrelevant to mine, especially going off of a day one comment. Additionally, your implication by saying I was trying to "silence" him is clearly that I killed hi, but that's a rather odd conclusion to jump to. Why would I so easily place the suspicion on myself? Alec was the only one to mention my name yesterday, and with a very minor point, which I gladly clarified. Doesn't it seem a little odd for me to kill someone for making such a small accusation towards me? If I were scum, that would bring so much unnecessary attention onto myself. Given how interested you are in incriminating me, using what feels like a forced extended version of Alec's point, I can't help but wonder if it was you who killed Alec, knowing you could extend the case against me by saying I responded to the accusation with such hostility during the nighttime phase.

He actually wrote a paragraph documenting Lynn's scumminesa, and barely a sentence for me. I would say Lynn was his top suspect. :blush:

I wouldn't even really call it a full paragraph. It was more "Lynn hasn't talked and sort of just repeated what others have said". Your own reaction to being brought up is equally worth note, considering you're so quick to declare that he's twisting your words and that you've been "pinged". So, who are you suspicious of then?

I'm a little shocked that Carla came up as town, based off of yesterday. That doesn't mean we can't recover, however.

I understand that there's thoughts about me hiding and flying under the radar, but what I've been saying is truthful. Time has just unexpectedly not been on my side in recent days, and things are freeing up quite a bit that will hopefully prevent my little naps from occurring again.

Now, it seems like Desiree is tunnel-visioned on lynching me and defending herself.

I've already clarified my low-post count, there should be no reason you should take that as me lying, unless you're incredibly paranoid. There's zero use in lying over such a thing. Sure, my statements about the strongman can be seen as flip-flopping. Rather, I was just weighing out the possibilities. There were reasons for and against there being a strongman. I don't need to take a side on something we don't know exists, which I do believe I also made clear.

As for the comment on the vigilante, I'm sorry that you find that ridiculous. Unfortunately, that speculation and question-asking was something I found reasonable to wonder of, as I've seen games smaller than this with a vigilante. Vigilantes aren't typically compulsory actions, meaning a vigilante can wait until they're convinced someone is scum to kill, and I was bringing up the possibility. The fact that you think bringing something up because of such a small town number is ridiculous is absurd in itself, because I even brought up that the lack of mention of one could just be because there isn't due to our low population.

Then why bring it up in a post addressing your suspicions of me?

This is the second time you've mistaken my discussion points as being wishy-washy. I was trying to gather another viewpoint for the town to help us proceed with making a decision, and how else was I supposed to do that? There's pros and cons to each role, and I clearly settled on a role, so what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Alec's affiliation is pretty irrelevant to mine, especially going off of a day one comment. Additionally, your implication by saying I was trying to "silence" him is clearly that I killed hi, but that's a rather odd conclusion to jump to. Why would I so easily place the suspicion on myself? Alec was the only one to mention my name yesterday, and with a very minor point, which I gladly clarified. Doesn't it seem a little odd for me to kill someone for making such a small accusation towards me? If I were scum, that would bring so much unnecessary attention onto myself. Given how interested you are in incriminating me, using what feels like a forced extended version of Alec's point, I can't help but wonder if it was you who killed Alec, knowing you could extend the case against me by saying I responded to the accusation with such hostility during the nighttime phase.

I wouldn't even really call it a full paragraph. It was more "Lynn hasn't talked and sort of just repeated what others have said". Your own reaction to being brought up is equally worth note, considering you're so quick to declare that he's twisting your words and that you've been "pinged". So, who are you suspicious of then?

Who am I suspicious of? Geez, did you not read the whole monologue? :hmpf: I'm suspicious of you, and later Dragonfire for twisting the wording of my argument against me.

Every time you weigh in on a discussion you don't seem to want to take a clear viewpoint. You go back and forth on everything before deciding. :sceptic: Making an educated decision or stirring up confusion? :wacko: I also notice you've jumped on both bandwagons so far, the cop/tracker wagon and the Carla wagon.

The relation between you and Bob's death is NOT the main point of my argument, though it is a troubling detail that first brought you under my suspicion. Yes, we've all heard the "If I were scum I would be smarter than that" argument, and it's not particularly effective. :sceptic:

You may now vote for the player you find most worthy of a Lynch.

Voting should be done in the following format;

Vote: Character (Player).

Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;

Unvote: Character (Player).

No other format will be accepted.

A majority vote of 5 is required to lynch a player.

What of what Carla said should we listen to? In your own words, I won't twist them.

Okay, if you want me to prove that you're twisting my words, I will.

This is what I said regarding Carla and Patti:

"Look into" does not equal "lynch"

This does not mean that I want to lynch Patti - heck, I literally said I'd be inclined to townread her. "Listening" to Carla in this context means just that, actually reading what she posted and considering her opinions - not blindly following them.

And then you say this, basically implying that I want to lynch Patti because Carla said so. How is this not twisting my words?

I read through all Bob's posts and I don't see where he ever said I was his "top suspect."

I'll admit I didn't look closely enough through his posts and he didn't actually clarify that he suspected you more than Lynn :blush: My bad.

However, what I originally called you out for still stands. You make a case on Lynn with one of the main reasons being "Alec suspected her"; the same is true for you. Then you say:

BS. This is the post in question:

Desiree is one of the others I'd consider voting for. Lynn Benton as well, for this:

When did Alec ever say that Lynn was his top suspect? He suspected you and Lynn equally; the only reason why he developed his case on Lynn was because she had not yet been brought up as a suspect, but you had.

In fact, it's you who's twisting his words now. You want to divert attention from yourself - therefore you make a case on the other person Alec was suspicious of and you try to hide the fact that he suspected you. You hope that being active and seemingly helpful is enough to save you from the lynch today. Claiming that Lynn was Alec's top suspect is a lie, plain and simple.

To be honest, it is kinda far-fetched when the Vigilante wasn't even in the list of roles to choose. The notion that there could already be a vig when the town haven't even chosen their roles is a bit hard to believe.

^^ This, exactly.

I also notice you've jumped on both bandwagons so far, the cop/tracker wagon and the Carla wagon.

"Oooh, just because I voted for the watcher instead of the tracker makes me soooo different and not bandwagon-y at all, and it automatically makes me able to accuse others of bandwagoning and it's totally not hypocritical in any way shape or form..."

Vote: Desiree Walters (mediumsnowman). I suspected you since Day One and you've done nothing to alleviate these suspicions.

Time for some Minga Derrick-style bandwagon analysis!

Let's go back a day, to Day Two. Hosty opens voting. The first vote is Patti, on Carla. I think we all know why she voted for her. Bold move, being the first vote, and she had good reasons too. So not a scummy vote IMO.

After a post by Alec (confirmed town), Carla makes her really long post defending herself and accusing Patti, then votes for Patti. Theodore votes immediately after this. He doesn't bring any more reasoning to the table, but justifies his vote based on Carla's scummy posts. Fair enough - not especially scummy or town-ish either.

Private Carla, that attitude of yours seems quite scummy to me. You are extremely defensive and hostile, trying to power through the suspicion against you. It is a tactic I am intimately familiar with. I still see it as a leap in logic that you would assume the scum could choose who kills, and you seem to be just discarding the possibilities that the strongarm thing could be a copy/paste thing or even a red herring.

Also, could you put your name in your signature, it's making me have to scroll all the way up to vote for you, ugh, effort.

Then Patti calls out Carla for OMGUS voting.

Hahahahaha! Your vote for me is based on my wanting to lynch the scummiest person; priceless.

I'm certainly not meta-voting you based on your experience and my comment about your activity was targeted at Matthew who somehow thought you had participated a lot yesterday; your concerns about a comment made to another layer are duly noted though!

It sucks it has to be you but we need a lynch today, you are (as far as I'm concerned) our best bet given your comments about the kill mechanics and now your OMGUS vote just reinforces my point.

It is then that Desiree places the third vote on Carla. Voting third is a safe place for scum to be, and if you notice she has merely copied what Theodore and Patti said in the previous two posts (highlighted in red for you guys to see).

Hmm. Carla's comments were definitely suspicious yesterday, but I was willing to chalk it up to some harmless speculation. I didn't want to rush to lynch such an experienced player this early. Reading her defense today however... She has gotten really defensive after Patti's accusation, and after her vote was effectively an OMGUS vote has sealed the deal for me.

Next vote is Trenton. Although he apes Desiree and Patti by talking about OMGUS votes, he admits that he doesn't really think he can add anything to it - and he has a point. If I was faced with that same situation all over again, I'd vote for Carla again. What she did was scummy enough that it didn't warrant a justification for each and every vote.

I don't really think I can add anything to this - any OMGUS turnaround on the person who accuses someone is downright pingy. Doesn't bode well. I never like to settle 100% on a vote before at least 2/3 of a day have passed, so I'm willing to change...but no one has quite so pinged than Carla.

Then comes my vote. I was busy, had little to no time and knew I was going to miss the end of the day. Plus, I'd already voiced my suspicions of Carla and it was fairly obvious why I was voting her. Yes, Desiree, I can't bold on my phone because I can't type this: [ ] at all.

Matthew was the only person (apart from Carla herself) not to vote for Carla; at the time of his vote, there were five votes on Carla - not enough for a lynch but more than half of all possible votes. He also recognises the sheep aspects of Desiree's vote and wants to put pressure on Desiree. However, this could be an attempt to distance himself from the Carla vote, knowing that she would flip town.

Right now, the person pinging me most is Desiree. She's playing the 'me too!' game. Her vote on Carla is very safe and not well-justified. She's seems to be playing a typical scum shadow game, not out front, not at the back, and not saying anything original. If my vote is needed for a lynch, I'm willing to change it.

Vote: Desiree (MediumSnowman)

Sixth vote on Carla comes from Lynn. She talks about what others have said before her, but then she adds a new piece of reasoning to the table by picking apart Carla's post. Not a scummy vote IMO.

Carla's explanation to me doesn't really make sense. I don't know if it's just me not understanding what she's saying, or the mechanics behind the roles, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. To me, she gave a weak explanation for her words and immediately shifted to how Patti must be scum for jumping onto an "easy lynch". How, though, is a Carla lynch "easy", especially guven her experience? The only thing at this point that would make her an easy lynch would be her own comments, and from then, she is now inquiring as to why we need to lynch. Well, it's a pretty important way to gather information early, Carla. Given yor ambivalence towards a lynch, yet lack of unvote, combined with your earlier behavior, I have enough reason to feel more comfortable voting for you today.

Vote: Carla (Dragonator)

Then Alec (confirmed town) places the last reluctant vote on Carla, sealing the deal.

Overall, out of the six living players' votes on Carla {Patti, Theodore, Desiree, Trenton, me, Lynn, Alec} and the single vote on Desiree {Matthew}, I think that Desiree's scummy vote stands out the most to me. If I had to pick a second player to be scum with her, it'd probably be Trenton, Matthew or Theodore.

Oh, and Trenton, you never replied to this either:

Defensive?? Still don't get it. How is me calling you out defensive?