Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

Third 2015 LEGO Ideas Review - Guessing Game

Next LEGO Ideas set  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the next LEGO Ideas set to get approved?

• Jurassic Park Explorer
    • 20000 Leagues Under the Sea NAUTILUS
    • Toyota Landruiser 40 series
    • Beatles Yellow Submarine
    • HMS Beagle
    • Apollo 11 - Saturn V
    • Concorde Display Set
    • National Park Service Centennial Vignettes
    • Victorian London Christmas
    • None

Let's see if we can guess which one will be the next project approved on LEGO Ideas! :classic:

2363283-o_1adiu8fr1m9e4sshbjp3npq.jpg

Edited by Robert8

I'm guessing they are finally going to green-light a Jurassic Park set. May just be wishful thinking though. :cry_sad:

Everything else is too big (Concorde, London, Nautilus, Cruiser, Beagle), has too small of a fan base (Rocket, Beatles), or wouldn't be known outside the US. (National Parks set)

Beatles and Apollo 11 might have stood a chance, but two very similar projects, Daft Punk and the ISS/Hubble Telescope got turned down. :sceptic:

I would love the Nautilus and the London Christmas models to be made into sets, due to their size I think it is unlikely though. :sceptic:

My vote goes to the Concord, the size is about right and it would be a model that Lego is long overdue to produce. I think it would be a success, not just with AFOLs but with aviation fans as well.

I'm guessing they are finally going to green-light a Jurassic Park set. May just be wishful thinking though. :cry_sad:

Everything else is too big (Concorde, London, Nautilus, Cruiser, Beagle), has too small of a fan base (Rocket, Beatles), or wouldn't be known outside the US. (National Parks set)

Beatles and Apollo 11 might have stood a chance, but two very similar projects, Daft Punk and the ISS/Hubble Telescope got turned down. :sceptic:

I cannot believe you just posted that the Beatles have "too small of a fan base" (!!!). They've historically had one of the biggest fan bases for anything on the entire planet.

I think the problem with the ISS and Hubble projects was simply that they were so large. A more reasonably-sized project along similar lines could still pass.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I voted for the Landcruiser. I don't like it, but I feel like it would be the type of thing they would release. I'd much rather see the Yellow Submarine. I'm afraid the Yellow Submarine will suffer the fate of the Little Prince, though. Not sure why that one did not get approved, but I suspect licensing or age.

I cannot believe you just posted that the Beatles have "too small of a fan base" (!!!). They've historically had one of the biggest fan bases for anything on the entire planet.

My thoughts exactly. As for Daft Punk, it was pretty much just minifigures, and those will never pass.

All of these have too many parts or limited global appeal, except the Beatles. I like the Beatles, but I would hesitate to buy a set with that many yellow parts. I would buy an Abbey Road vignette though.

Hmm. Sorry. :blush: I guess I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to older musical groups. Still, I don't see much of a market for purchasing some LEGO musicians in a submarine? :look:

All of these have too many parts or limited global appeal, except the Beatles. I like the Beatles, but I would hesitate to buy a set with that many yellow parts. I would buy an Abbey Road vignette though.

Normally, I would hesitate as well. But this is one set I would likely keep complete.

My gut feeling (or wishful thinking) says that one Victorian London Christmas modular will be released .... with a series to continue if successful. Or it will be made into a Mini Modular.

Whyyyy can't they do the Beagle? I wants it... I needs it.

Because display ships (as opposed to play set ships) are not big sellers. The significance of this particular ship is probably more to do with who was on it, rather than anything intrinsic to the actual ship. Also, it probably known to <20% of the general population

The Beatles license is with K'Nex -- in fact they released the same model in 2015.

d6eea6fd233ce3d9389877e415b1eb81.jpg

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

That actually gives me hope that it will get made. Although, I guess if it's had "recent" competition, maybe it won't. Who knows?

If the license wasn't available, though, it wouldn't have been approved for Ideas. Remember back a couple years ago, Ideas had in their user agreement that you could not submit Doctor Who sets (because the license was with Character Builder). Then one day, it was off the list, and people started submitting sets. I'm guessing K'Nex doesn't own the license anymore.

That actually gives me hope that it will get made. Although, I guess if it's had "recent" competition, maybe it won't. Who knows?

If the license wasn't available, though, it wouldn't have been approved for Ideas. Remember back a couple years ago, Ideas had in their user agreement that you could not submit Doctor Who sets (because the license was with Character Builder). Then one day, it was off the list, and people started submitting sets. I'm guessing K'Nex doesn't own the license anymore.

I could be mistaken but the only reason Doctor was removed was because they receive a C&D.....or am I thinking of Jurassic Park?

I voted Yellow Submarine. The YS is still a big hit by collectors and music lovers. Mediumsnowman, you should watch the movie, it's great. And then you also know about who and what in the submarine.

The Beatles license is with K'Nex -- in fact they released the same model in 2015.

2015? I thought they released theirs in 2012. Their site certainly doesn't indicate anything about it still being available.

Tight, but I'm leaning towards nothing approved.

Beatles maybe, and as a former huge fan I would grab one, but I would be surprised if it got approved. Jurassic car maybe, but licence issues make it unlikely. Rocket? Looks a bit too bland to be a set. Land Cruiser is a bit bland as well, which is too bad because that's accurate.

Everything else is a solid "no".

I dunno, I still think we might see it.

Why in the world did K'NEX even make that? :wacko:

Well, they gave a really bad trombone mold, so I kinda like it. But it's most likely money.

Why in the world did K'NEX even make that? :wacko:

The same reason(s) they make anything else? The same reason(s) LEGO or any other toy companies make any sets of anything?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

2015? I thought they released theirs in 2012. Their site certainly doesn't indicate anything about it still being available.

Sorry I meant it was available until 2015.

Ultimately, I think the success of the TYS IDEAS project will depend on whether TLG can see long-term use of the license because the license Beatles license is costly. I'm not so sure that the case. Also they i feel the minifigs will need to drastically changed from how they appear in the IDEAS project to bring them more in-line with the film (as evident in the IDEAS project).