BenA

Lego Elves waterfall castle tree

Hi all,just wanted to share a moc me and my daughter have been building. She makes all the design decisions (she's 6) and I just have to build them! We've just moved house and all my Lego is still packed away, so we've only got hers to play with. It means we've had to compromise a lot, but it's made us much more creative!

20160311_121351.jpg

20160306_101120.jpg

20160311_131708.jpg

20160311_131757.jpg

20160311_132846.jpg

Edited by BenA

Wow, what a magical build with so many wonderful details and incorporation of many different sets. Those are some really nice building techniques, I've never seen a waterfall like that. The trees and foliage look amazing.

Love the first photo. Very crazy and colorfull build yet balanced. The outside especially. I would love to have that (or at least all those nice pieces...)

Absolutely amzing work! There is so much variety in the whole build, but the transitions are very well done; it all blends together fantastically! I think the shaping of both trees is my favorite thing here, just wonderful :wub:

Those are some really nice building techniques, I've never seen a waterfall like that.

Thankyou! I've seen it done somewhere before but can't remember where. We didn't have enough blue and white plates to make it smoother looking, but we liked it in the end.

Love the first photo. Very crazy and colorfull build yet balanced

Haha, thanks! The colours were kind of out of our hands! I would quite liked to have made the roof of the castle a bit more consistent, but we didn't have enough purple or blue to do it all. And my daughter wouldn't let me build a flat roofed because it didn't look 'fairy' enough :D

Edited by BenA

Spectacular building, very creative! I like the multi colored roof, it's unique and very bohemian. Love the foliage, just amazing!

This looks wonderful! My favorite part is definitely the waterfall, both the building style and how it ties the whole thing together.

BenA,

Compromise? Limited pieces? I think those words fail here. Perhaps these might work better: Beautiful masterpiece! Majestic simplicity. I love how instead of building another grandiose castle, you took the small approach and integrated it well into the surrounding environment. You have done the theme and its overall art style justice. There are little details popping out of hiding at every turn. The roof ornamentations, the chain railing, the torches on the stone arch bridge, the different trees, the angled upper window and that swing speak volumes for all the detail and thought that you put into this.

My only inquiry would be the cavern area below. Could you elaborate on what its purpose is? I think that you were going for an underground area with glowing flora but I am not sure. It gives me some ice cave vibes so I thought I should ask.

Der Steinmeister

I like the multi colored roof, it's unique and very bohemian.

Thanks, it was by necessity rather than choice, but I wouldn't change it now (even if I was allowed!).

My only inquiry would be the cavern area below. Could you elaborate on what its purpose is? I think that you were going for an underground area with glowing flora but I am not sure. It gives me some ice cave vibes so I thought I should ask.

Ahh, you're right to get ice cave vibes - that's Elsas ice cave! It's one of the design decisions made by my daughter. For me, the whole thing needed to work as a playset as well as a moc, so as we played I built whatever she imagined (although I did go back and rebuild/strengthen when she was in bed!). And at one point, Elsa, Anna and Olaf from Frozen put in an appearance, so an ice cave was added!

Ahh, you're right to get ice cave vibes - that's Elsas ice cave! It's one of the design decisions made by my daughter. For me, the whole thing needed to work as a playset as well as a moc, so as we played I built whatever she imagined (although I did go back and rebuild/strengthen when she was in bed!). And at one point, Elsa, Anna and Olaf from Frozen put in an appearance, so an ice cave was added!

Thank you for answering my question. Thank makes more sense now. (It seemed off a bit.) Right-o; 10 gold bricks into the daddy pale for you my good sir. (Alas, I poses no such gold bricks to give but I do take heart that my gesture is understood at least.)

3D LEGO

PS: there could be some serious future collaborations ahead!

Wow this looks wonderful! Great detail, and that purple tree is both interesting and beautiful :wub:

PS: there could be some serious future collaborations ahead!

Haha, I really hope so!

This is so beautiful, it hurts....

Thankyou :)

Absolutely gorgeous. You've done an excellent job here, and I can't wait to see what you do next.

Wow it's wonderful! I think it's one of the best elves theme moc I've seen. I like beautiful color balance and lot of details esprssially big lamp on tree. That ladder inside tree is atmospheric place

Would LEGO ever release an Elves D2C like The Temple of Airjitzu?'

Because the Elves sets I've seen are usually compact with building styles that aren't too extreme (sorry if this observation is wrong).

And what could it be?

I bet my niece would love to play with that. Or something similar, too. If I show her the pictures, I'm sure she'll ask me to try to make something like that sooner or later, lol.

A lot of fun ideas to try out, too! Hope to see more projects posted on here soon!

I know I have mentioned before, just as I have mentioned to many new members and even some long-time members: Please punctuate and capitalise your sentence correctly.

With auto-correct and spell checker on nearly every device and browser, it has to be harder to post that than it is to do so with readable grammar.

No, I'm not picking on you, I think many other members can vouch for the fact the staff ask for good grammar of everyone. I just so happened to come across a few of your posts and thought it best to warn you that there might be trouble if you carry on posting like this. We want people to use and enjoy our forums, so there are some rules and guidelines to follow. It would be great if you could carry on as a member here, so if you simply add punctuation and capital letters where they should go, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Something a little more on topic though:

I do love this build! The roof of the castle is wonderful and I think I can pick out what sets your daughter has from all the features included. The tree is beautiful and really fits well with the theme. A sterling job :thumbup: I hope the little one has a few more "demands" so we get to see some more like this! :grin:

It's MOCs like these that make me want to throw in the towel! You are just too good. I made a treehouse myself, but this one is much better!

Fantastic job!