Sign in to follow this  

Hi All.

When the adventure has faded.

When the last rock is raided.

When the gates of Atlantis finally close.

What happens to our brave heroes when they grow old.

24940383935_343a12d3e3_c.jpg

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Beautiful work, but the verse is great as well. Good old Mr. Thunder... He sure has a nice place to display all of his great travelling adventure treasures, and a lovely fireplace to sit by comfortably :wub:

Beautiful work, but the verse is great as well. Good old Mr. Thunder... He sure has a nice place to display all of his great travelling adventure treasures, and a lovely fireplace to sit by comfortably :wub:

Hey thanks, glad you like it and even my little poem. I was thinking about all the themes that end and what happens to all those heroes when Lego decides their time is over.

Oh man, there's just so much to love here.

Thanks Graham, always so positive :)

I love this. :wub: The T-Rex mount is brilliant.

Thanks, I took some time to round it out instead of just using slopes. I'm glad I did now.

If you have to keep a revolver stuffed behind your belt, the adventure is not over, sir!

Or maybe the butler needs some encouragement from time to time? His face hints that it may be the case :wink:

This is stunningly beautiful.

Simply marvelous.

It almost makes me sad. But I love it.

Great great job.

Thanks, I guess even in Lego form the remembrance of things passed can be kind of sad.

Awwwww

This is awesome :wub: :wub: :wub:

:)

This hits me right in the nostalgia! Especially when Lego keeps bringing Johnny Thunder up. Salt in the wound!

Yep, Mr Thunder was quite a much loved character.

Great scene! :thumbup:

I love the colors of the room.

It is nice to see so many references to other themes. :classic:

Thank you, I tried to allude to some Lego adventures he might have had, this pic is for the long time Lego fans.

If you have to keep a revolver stuffed behind your belt, the adventure is not over, sir!

Or maybe the butler needs some encouragement from time to time? His face hints that it may be the case :wink:

You never know, he might need to go on one last adventure so it pays to be prepared.

I absolutely LOVE this!!! Adventurers was and is still my favorite theme ever. I can't put my finger on what I love the best, perhaps it's just the thought that he's still living life in "retirement" even after the theme is gone.

Perfect MOC Sir!

I absolutely LOVE this!!! Adventurers was and is still my favorite theme ever. I can't put my finger on what I love the best, perhaps it's just the thought that he's still living life in "retirement" even after the theme is gone.

Perfect MOC Sir!

I'm glad you like it, this is an moc for Adventurers fans and those who remember Mr Thunder fondly.

I just this blogged on the Brothers Brick, congratulations!

I love the Victorian Gentleman vibe of the room, especially the carpeting and that stuffed polar bear in the corner. Well done! :thumbup:

Will we get to see further adventures or is this a one time thing? :classic:

I just this blogged on the Brothers Brick, congratulations!

I love the Victorian Gentleman vibe of the room, especially the carpeting and that stuffed polar bear in the corner. Well done! :thumbup:

Will we get to see further adventures or is this a one time thing? :classic:

Many thanks, very happy you like it. I wanted to do a grand old house interior for a long time. I will probably do something completely different next as is my nature :P

However you never know when some foul evil will rise and good men must once more step into the breach ;)

Lol. Very funny and stylish work. It looks like a frame of a good comic book or the beginning of a good movie.

That poor yeti.

Thank you for sharing another amazing MOC! Not only a great build, but with excellent staging too.

I love the easter-eggs too, always fun to put in a scene.

I love this. So many cool little touches - just great work all around.

Lol. Very funny and stylish work. It looks like a frame of a good comic book or the beginning of a good movie.

That poor yeti.

I tend to do most of my mocs like this so they tell a story. Comics of course are a big influence on me, the old sci-fi and fantasy comics which have such funny covers. Of course the odd super hero can creep in..but you can see it's still the single self contained image I usually go for.

20344034195_73649f17c1_n.jpg

I love, love love love, this scene. Anyone remember the Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island (Disney World)? Ah, nostalgia.

Cheers dude!

Thank you for sharing another amazing MOC! Not only a great build, but with excellent staging too.

I love the easter-eggs too, always fun to put in a scene.

Thanks for commenting, I put those little Easter eggs in there (as I usually do) because there is always somebody who spots them, usually a fan of the theme or genre I'm doing :) Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

I love, love love love, this scene. Anyone remember the Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island (Disney World)? Ah, nostalgia.

Cheers dude!

I believe you mean, KUNGALOOSH!