Lord Vladivus

The Rakath Feathered Dragon: Mount Up!

My dearest Lady Vansier,

Further to your request about Feathered Dragons, I have compiled a brief report for you. I trust you have found it attached to this damned undead Carrier pigeon. Feathered Dragons come in all shapes, sizes, and indeed degree of feathering. It is a point of contention amongst the Learned Zoology Professors at Petrea University as to whether each is a distinct species, or merely an individual of a larger species. It is, point of fact, rare to find a specimen, that is willing to be studied. Shorter of temper than a Mitgardian Bearded Lady with untamable armpit hair, the feathered dragons are known to attack anything within sight. One such dragon, more specifically, a member of the Rakath Feathered Dragon sub-species is owned by the esteemed Lord Vladivus of Nocturnus, and I had the pleasure of studying it first hand, whilst a painter produced it's likeness, which I believe should be attached to this carrier pigeon as well.

14543938812_0fd5f0b1c0_c.jpg

Note that most of the body is covered in green scales, whilst it is the black wings that are feathered. This one was tamed by Vladivus himself, and it's rumoured that he wrestled it one on one into submission. Fearsome chap this Vladivus.

Anyway, this specimen does not breathe fire, but excretes venom through it's teeth, thereby giving it's bite a rather lethal efffect.

Yours, as ever,

A half-crazed Special Envoy of the Head Professor of Zoology at the University of Petrea to Nocturnus,

Dizak Khan.

P.s. The indomitable Lord Vladivus insisted we send you a portrait of himself stood by the dragon, because, well, he's heard of your beauty.

Here he is, in all his armoured half-undeadness. My sincerest apologies.

14564993733_b21a311a49_c.jpg

So, my entry for the "Mount Up!" Challenge, my first attempt at a brick built creature. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be- learnt a few things. C+C welcome!

That was quick! And the exact type of thing I was hoping for in this challenge. Cool!

Nice Dragon LV! On the head I think it might look better if the space between the Dk. Green Wedge plates. But great build none the less.

That was quick! And the exact type of thing I was hoping for in this challenge. Cool!

Just had to do a new display base for it. The dragon was already built!

Edit: Thanks lego3364! I was going for a ridged look to the head but didn't quite pull it off.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Nice build! Love the letter! Nice use of the croc eye piece!

Very cool! I really like the head and wing designs! Awesome letter!

Nice, I'm particularly fond of the dragon's head and wings, and great job with the standard in the background :classic:

Cool dragon, Vlad! The tail is really nice, with the club and spikes.

Edited by Hammerhand

Very cool LV, this is an awesome entry. +1 for the instant challenge entry too!

Cheers guys!

@ Mass, it helps if the beast is already built and waiting!

Nice, I'm particularly fond of the dragon's head and wings, and great job with the standard in the background :classic:

Ah, the standard is actually on the seat! It goes where the dragon goes!

14325635158_f2bcd75011_c.jpg

That's a good dragon! I like the way it's still a dragon but you gave it some unique characteristics like being feathered and havering a poisonous bite. I like the leg design too. One thing though, where are these venemous teeth? I don't see any

Also what is that thing made out of tooth peices next to its leg?

Cheers guys!

You totally should ISC! Do itttttttt!

Lord Dan, it's a ball and chain type assembly, needed to tame the beast. Basically it indicates it's servitude.

Lol, that letter is great.

I really like the concept of a feathered dragon - good idea LV. The colour combo is perfect, and you've done some really good shaping. Also kudos on how posable he is. I'm not too crazy about the feet, I think it mostly comes from being so used to the standard 3 or 4 toed dragon feet... and, at first glance, the black nostrils look like eyes, I think they might just stand out a bit too much (olive, or the darker green might work - though I'm not sure those even exist...)

Cheers Emma! I was going for a single giant claw effect with the feet. And I agree about the nostrils- it's a bit I fiddled with for a long time, it's difficult to get right. It's been a learning curve and I hope to improve my creature building skills!