Sign in to follow this  
Still Raindrop

Miniland Wedding Cake Toppers

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I made these miniland-scale figures of my fiancée and me. When she saw them, she told me she wanted them to be on top of our wedding cake (wedding is in three weeks)!

toppers.jpg

toppers2.jpg

I originally had her dress a bit more billowy, and I used a tile on her chest, but she liked it better this way. What do you guys think?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great job. Very cool idea to have them on top of the cake; a must have for any Lego fan! :classic:

Dress looks great!

Congratulations.

These are the ones on our cake. This was a minifig scale one that the wife didn't like as well. There are a lot of other ones on brickshelf too, if you're still looking for ideas.

In fact, Lego has made two offical designs:

Bride & Groom. I wish I'd thought to do the corsage...

Steve

Those look nice! :thumbup:

I would like the puffyer dress better i think. The right arm of your future wife also looks longer then her left, and the left might be a bit too straight / plain.

So you have bright orange hair huh? :laugh:

Those look nice! :thumbup:

I would like the puffyer dress better i think. The right arm of your future wife also looks longer then her left, and the left might be a bit too straight / plain.

So you have bright orange hair huh? :laugh:

I also liked the dress better the other way, but I thought it would probably be good to go with what my fiancée prefers. :classic:

As far as the arms go, I have a limited amount of tan plates (and they're currently harder to find, since I'm packing up much of my LEGO stuff to move it to our new apartment). What would you suggest for the other arm?

And the hair . . . well, I might have to order a few dark orange plates from BrickLink. My hair looks almost exactly like Agent Fuse's hair, but, like Athos' wife, mine didn't go for the minifigure cake-topper idea.

Athos, yours look great!

What would you suggest for the other arm?

A 1x3 plate and a 1x2 plate, then bend it slightly. Then both arms will be the same length and it will look more lively.

Maybe even use another hinge on a 1x2 plate to make anothier hand.

For the arm, you could use one of those hinge plates, I have no idea what they're called but I have about a million of them in red. it would make a great bent-arm look.

I used those hinge plates in black for my arms; unfortunately, I don't have any in tan. I changed her arm by giving her another corner plate, a 1x2 plate, and a 1x1 modified plate with the enclosed clip so that she can hold a bouquet of flowers. We went to the cake place today, so I had to leave the figures with them; I guess I'll just be satisfied with how they look now :classic:

Looks great and congrats on your wedding. Be sure to show us some pictures with them on top of the cake.

I used those hinge plates in black for my arms; unfortunately, I don't have any in tan. I changed her arm by giving her another corner plate, a 1x2 plate, and a 1x1 modified plate with the enclosed clip so that she can hold a bouquet of flowers. We went to the cake place today, so I had to leave the figures with them; I guess I'll just be satisfied with how they look now :classic:

Looking forward to see them on the cake, maybe send me a piece over the mail ey? :laugh:

I hope you have a wonderfull day and good weather!

Well, I'm back! The wedding was wonderful, and I was really pleased with how the figures looked on the cake. Captain Blue Hair, I'm afraid everyone ate all the cake before we could save a piece for you. :wink:

Here is a picture of the cake, including the updated arm (her right arm is also bent, and it's holding a bouquet)

weddingcake.jpg

Edited by Mariko

Congratulations! The cake toppers looked great. :classic: The bouquet was a really nice touch. Again congratulations.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Congratulations. They looked great! I'm sure you had a TON of comments on them.