Captain Dee

Captain's Corner: Dedicated to the hardworking Pirates Staff

Ahoy Mateys!!

At last it is my pleasure to present to you a little MOC I built for the Pirates staff - Mister Phes, Capt. Stabbin, Phred, Captain Braunsfeld and (at the time, since retired) Kolonialbeamter. This is a downsized, peaceful version of what started as a Pillage the Village contest entry. I'm much happier with this version and intend to keep it on permanent display. I apologize to the recipients for not quite getting your sigfigs correct, especially Phred and Mister Phes. I'll get them right eventually.

Without further ado, I present the "unofficial" Eurobricks Pirates Forum Captain's Corner.

1zqreom.jpg

5zgwnl.jpg

The guy on the bottom left, holding the flowers, is my official sigfig, although I only wear epaulettes on special occasions. Phred and I have just returned with another chest of gold and the girls seem pretty happy about it.

Meanwhile Mister Phes sits on the polished marble-and-gold throne and contemplates which is mightier - the pen or the sword?

On the balcony are (left to right) Captain Braunsfeld, his lovely color-matching wife, Kolonialbeamter as a bluecoat, a blue-dressed lass and her glass to accompany him, a blonde beauty in red and Capt. Stabbin in the powdered wig.

The hanging baskets are my original design, contain about 43 parts each, and are my favorite part of this whole build. But the throne isn't half bad if I may say so myself. And the lanterns needed a little dressing up so I dug out a bunch of One Rings, ran a bar down the center of the discs and orange cones into the lantern bases, and voila! transformed the look.

Those windows are annoying to handle (the frames are curved slightly - arghh!) and the columns of 1x1 pearl gold round plates don't quite stack to the same height as the other bricks, which proved aggravating while building. But I'm still happy with the final product.

That's enough chatter. I hope you like it and let's all say a hearty "Thank You!" to the pirates staff.

Edit: More Pics!!

4gkxt1.jpg

3518yf5.jpg

kapmrr.jpg

6xt0ch.jpg

2igytli.jpg

2v2hz0y.jpg

i5pulz.jpg

2d2c07k.jpg

t6qa8p.jpg

hwic0o.jpg

1z3tt95.jpg

- Captain Dee

Here is an update to this project: a bigger and slightly more detailed version that is closer to what I originally envisioned. Below the pic is a link to the main topic posted in Brethren of the Brick Seas.

97inwj.jpg

Link to topic

- Captain Dee

Edit: added pics 3 - 13 to original topic

Edit 2: added pic and link to update immediately above

Edited by Captain Dee

Wonderful, it seems that golden times are ahead for us!

The flower design is really nice.

And to answer the question of what is mightier: the blog, of course!

This is looking really good.

Black white and gold goes together really well.

Also the way you gave height to the build adds to the whole experience.

Great work ! pirate_classic.gif

Great MOC Captain. :pir-wub:

It's great to work together for the common gold.

I look forward to seeing what else you're building. :thumbup:

Meanwhile Mister Phes sits on the polished marble-and-gold throne and contemplates which is mightier - the pen or the sword?

I believe it's the keyboard actually. :pir-wink:

Thanks all.

Captain Braunsfeld - Golden times indeed. I like working with the color as you can tell. I built the flower baskets in late 2014 (!) and didn't have any of the pieces like my sigfig is holding at the time. In retrospect they would look better with those pieces in the center.

KlodsBrik - Yep, those three colors look great together. The height is in my opinion just about perfect for the base, although it's really accidental - I just kept adding to get the arches and columns right, and I wanted the main floor to have a really high ceiling.

Staslegomaster - I've learned to really like the "inside corner" approach after seeing it here on EB. Yep, we're definitely celebrating our latest chest o' gold.

Phred - Hmm. Where have I heard you say this before?? *wink* Glad you like it. Working "for the common gold"? You character, you! In this case, I suppose the keyboard is right...

- Captain Dee

Awesome job honouring those who do so much for us!!!

I like the gold touches! (I always like gold in MOC's pir_laugh2.gif )

Excellent build Captain Dee, lovely color-scheme and very elegant and polished interior! My favorite couple of things are the throne and the row of trans-red diamonds up top. I hope we'll be seeing some more builds from you! - though I admit that your comments are almost as good! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

Maxim - You can never have too much gold! It makes a lovely accent color and I think it works good here as a main color. Too bad Lego doesn't make more standard building parts in pearl gold; I'd buy them.

As far as honoring the staff, I had the idea back before I joined EB. I'd like to do some more. Time will tell...

Garmadon - Glad you like it. I have some close-up pics of the throne by itself (and the hanging baskets) that I really should upload and deeplink. As for the red diamonds/rubies, I like using those pieces as decorations, and the open studs of those decorated bricks they're sitting on were just begging for something flashy. I tried a couple different things but didn't like the look, and when I tried the gems I loved it.

Thanks to you both... and I'm delighted to see that someone actually left Bob's big party to view and comment on this! Perhaps if Phred and I go rustle up some free rum to go with the chest o' gold we'll have more takers...

I failed to mention in the initial topic that this is the first MOC I've ever displayed on Eurobricks - despite having about a thousand posts. Credit slow and unreliable internet for that.

Thanks to you all and happy building :)

Very nice creation Captain D. I like the color-scheme, throne and flower buckets, and the architecture style overall is really good. :thumbup:

Dzoni90 - Thanks. I'm glad you like it. If the layout looks suspiciously familiar it's because I got the idea from your multi-floor Pillage the Village contest entry. I like your smooth building style a lot and I wanted to keep this simple despite the flashy colors.

Capt. Stabbin - you made it! Thanks for dropping by. (Too bad I didn't get this posted before KB disappeared...) This is pretty small but I'm toying with a few ideas on how to do something similar but on a larger scale...

Dzoni90 - Thanks. I'm glad you like it. If the layout looks suspiciously familiar it's because I got the idea from your multi-floor Pillage the Village contest entry. I like your smooth building style a lot and I wanted to keep this simple despite the flashy colors.

Oh, I didn't expect this, I am very honored. :classic:

I didn't know that my creations could be inspiration for others, it's a nice thing to hear. Thank you.

This is pretty small but I'm toying with a few ideas on how to do something similar but on a larger scale...

Yes, we want more. I am looking forward to that. :thumbup:

Schreeuwwitje - Why thank you. Display is correct - that's what I built it for. I should say that's Governor Phes, retired Admiral, sitting on the throne. Considering everything he's done for this forum and Classic-Pirates, this build really isn't much!

This is an amazing MOC Captain Dee. The details are impressive and I have to agree with you that the hanging flowers are impressive. They add so much to this MOC that would otherwise be lacking. Thank you for sharing and thank you to the Pirates staff for everything you do.

...thank you to the Pirates staff for everything you do.

Ah... someone understands the point of this!

Thanks. Glad you like it. :classic: