CptMugwash

Kaliphlin Bazaar

6454646251_ca63b0e743.jpg

Welcome all, here is my marketplace for Kaliphlin, it's late here so I haven't done a big write up or anything but here's some nice pics, enjoy.

6454647399_8b667334b1.jpg

Fancy finding some gems in the mines of Qarkyr? Then you'll need some supplies. Also a black oil trader is welcoming a new shipment.

6454649171_4975f06f83.jpg

Fresh fruit veg and fish, yes we do have some out here in the desert.

6454650489_5cee0a452f.jpg

Pastries and maps what a lovely combo but don't get your map confused with your pizza.

6454650983_55ec62a3f6.jpg

Some scantly clad girls hanging by the well.

6454651541_3680febbdb.jpg

Animals for trade.

6454652109_48163b14e9.jpg

A wealthy man looking to buy some slaves.

6454659613_cf09505cee.jpg

Blacksmiths, inside a smithy hard at work.

Please check out my Flickr for more photos and some bonus pics :wink:

Thanks C&C welcomed.

Kcaj Nosnikta.

Superb work CptMugwash! Lovely build for our guild. That first picture with the guard is really nice, I love the architecture. I really think you delivered this well!

Glad to have you in our guild :thumbup:

Superb work CptMugwash! Lovely build for our guild. That first picture with the guard is really nice, I love the architecture. I really think you delivered this well!

Glad to have you in our guild :thumbup:

Thanks Basil, I was wondering how to make the wall more interesting, I would have liked to use some techniques from the medievil building guide but I don't have sufficent bricks, seeing the triangular pieces from the city farm set I thought made good fortifications to withstand those brutal siege machines from the other guilds, especially the dwarf tosser from Mitgardia, I liked the crenalations from my watchtower so used them on the wall. Kinda simple but I like it :classic:

Next we shall see...

Really nice build, Capt. Mugwash. The posing of the figures gives a great sense of transactions happening, it reminds me of Mos Eisley. We are always happy to see a strong Kaliphlin economy. I`m not sure what those ladies are selling, but it sure looks as though they found a buyer!

Most stalls have only one customer, which I am sure is a tribute to the excellent efficiency of Kaliphlin service rather than weak demand.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Thanks Rob and Hartfan. Any more people and I think it would look too busy, I wanted to have a good balance of the look of a busy marketplace and being able to focus on the stalls and sellers, I wanted more guards patrolling the marketplace but I didn't have enough parts, I think I'll be doing alot of bricklinking after winter.

Already part of your fine new city? or just a market somewhere in the desert? :classic:

Very nice detailed market!

Already part of your fine new city? or just a market somewhere in the desert? :classic:

Very nice detailed market!

Well, it could be but I'm not really happy with it so it's just a generic market somewhere in the desert but it could be trading with Samrd'dha and others, there is a fruit stall there. I will be making mocs for Samrd'dha in the future, possibly create a thread like yours for Mpya Stedor and keep updating it.

Cheers.

I think this really brings to life the Kaliphlin lifestyle. Lots of character, well done!

Thanks, i did want to capture the essence of what Kaliphlin is about, a melting pot of different cultures, the different figs, the busyness of it all.