Sign in to follow this  
kzv

(Help) MOC'ing...

Hi All,

I see alot of nice, big MOCs of buildings here on the forum!! One more impressive than the other!!

For some time now, I’ve got hold of some 12V train sets and want to put them into a town. What I really want to do is to take a part of my home-town and try to build buildings that look similar...

So, my question is quite simple:

Where do you normally get hold og all the lego that goes into a huge MOC?

(lego.com? bricklink-com?)

rgds

kzv

From my experience, bricklink.com is the best place to get LEGO. It has nearly every piece for good deals (mainly). One thing i would not rule out would be garage sales, one can find some really good diamonds in the rough. One piece of advice would be to start small, with vignettes and smaller buildings, and then work on the huge masterpieces you see today.

I hope that helps, i cant wait to see your buildings!

Where do you normally get hold og all the lego that goes into a huge MOC?

(lego.com? bricklink-com?)

Don't forget official sets with a good parts selection on clearance. But other than that I think most use Bricklink. For some parts in 'special'/rare colors, PaB (Lego.com) is actually a good option (a certain element in any color typically has roughly the same price), but the selection is limited.

Thanx a lot for your reply!

I’ve just made a comparison with a Swedish store on Bricklink that had a huge lot of bricks. Although all the brick where used, they cost as much as new ones at lego.com :oh:

I live in Norway, so if any Norwegians have any experience with were to get hold off big quantities of leg, comments would be appreciated :grin:

kzv

Edited by kzv