Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

HSS: Underground in Shadowmere

Beneath the rocky outcrops and plateaus surrounding Shadowmere are the mines of the Nocturnian Dwarves who produce much of the stone and ore for Shadowmere. These mines are often rough and ready, and the dwarves are prepared to retreat in the face of the frequent Drow raids. Patrolled by swift Dwarven warriors on warg mounts, the mines have an early warning system of sorts.

15192437299_81a2026555_c.jpg

It is one of these mines that Vladivus visits today, alongside his hope for a consort, the ancient, immortal vampiress, Lady Sithanna.

15375997191_d7e1a9f3ee_c.jpg

Vladivus: "As you can see, these mines are not particularly extensive, or well worked- the dwarves are simply not numerous enough to fend off the Drow, skilled warriors though they may be. My zombies struggle down here, where their numbers count for little in the narrow tunnels."

Lady Sithanna: "And you are hoping that I would lend you my Man-bat soldiers, who were bred in darkness and caves, and thus suited to these battles? Do I not strike to the heart of the matter my love?"

Vladivus: "Perceptive as ever. You know as well as I do that it would do well- not to mention that an alliance of the vampires of Nocturnus would strike fear into Ravaage. Lord Mortis already aligns himself with Shadowmere."

Before Sithanna could reply, a dwarven Captain mounted upon a warg burst into the cavern.

15192663147_2001d88c35_c.jpg

Captain Dhumkaz: "M'Lord... and er Lady, I apologise..."

Lady Sithanna: "Spit it out dwarf!"

15192424239_e2fd8fd12e_c.jpg

The dwarf's eyes narrowed, and he spoke pointedly to Vladivus.

Captain Dhumkaz: "My Lord, Angfauglir approaches. Your scouts report that he appears to be alone, but they cannot be sure."

15376002661_1056373e37_c.jpg

Lord Vladivus: "Well, a surprise I suppose. I didn't think that wretch would risk coming here, even if he's on the run from Senurhem and Ravaage. Aye, I will meet him. Send messengers to Lord Mortis and have him meet us here. Sithanna, I trust you will be comfortable in your quarters until this matter is resolved?"

Sithanna: "Yes, I suppose. The wolf and the necromancer will have to fill me in on the rest."

So, this build is my first proper attempt at SNOT rocks, using kabels tutorial. I'm not happy with the build, and it's gone through several revisions (including a massive tower on top of the rocks), but it began getting tedious, so here it is. I might revisit the mines at some point and try to improve. An entry for HSS: Labourers.

C+C very much welcome!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Interesting, Anfauglir approaches his old enemy and rival, he must be quite desperate in his own struggles with the Black Spire! These two have not run into each other for years, and even then only on opposite sides of the battlefield. One hopes those memories can be shed in hopes of a greater effort against Raavage. The Nocturnian resistance is growing but alas is as fractured as the Black Spire, if not more so. Cooperation between Shadowmere and the forces of Anfauglir would certainly be a sliver of light in the pitch black darkness...

Anyways... Love it! Great scene LV, the build is nice and naturally I am very intrigued by the story! :grin: That's a great first attempt at SNOT rocks (I wouldn't even dare share my first try). Perhaps some more height variation of the SNOT'ed sections would enhance the effect, but still this is a nicely composed scene. The figs are fantastic, especially Sithanna. Goes to show you Nocturnus has some of the finest ladies in Historica!

Nice build and great fig posing. The snot rocks are good, especially if its a first attempt. I agree with Mass, lady Sithanna is a great female fig. The story's pretty good as well.

Good job. From what I've seen, this really isn't bad for your first time trying snot rocks. I might keep the layers a little close together to alleviate the exaggerated overhang, and may adapt the base on top and its formation to be more appropriate in proportion to the build. Great story as well, your inclusion of others' sigfigs really seems to enliven and encourage others in the Guilds.

It's cool scene. I like it. Wonder why the dwarves are still living in Nocturnus though, guess it's all about that gold in these tunnels ...

As for your snot rock, one of the keys to make it look smoother is to have less variation in profile. So when you build the next layer, you try to follow the pattern of the one below and try to offset it by no more than one or two plates.

Your first SNOT rocks? They look very good. I also like your figs, especially Lady Sithanna and her Man-Bat soldier.

Thanks for the feedback guys- I think I might invest in more slopes and give this another go!

They sure come in handy! Excellent build LV! I love your new minifig char Lady Sithanna, and the rockwork sure aint bad for a first try!

Thanks guys! With regards to Lady Sithanna, I wanted a fig that could take over the running of Shadowmere if Vlad wanted to go off adventuring. Another vampire seemed appropriate, and I just liked the fig! Hopefully see more of her in the future!

Your first SNOT rocks? They look very good. I also like your figs, especially Lady Sithanna and her Man-Bat soldier.

I've tried small scale- more a couple of snotted cheese slopes, so not really! This is my first attempt at building them sideways properly!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Exciting to see new developments with Vladivus! I love your build, especially that large mushroom with the little mushrooms around it. That, more than anything else, makes it feel like it's underground.

That banner is epic :thumbup: Good rockwork, kabel and ME gave some excellent tips to improve it.

I like the chunk of cut stone on the platform next to the dwarf :classic: