Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Potatoes

The Port of Mirameth

The Port City of Mirameth, Ambalar

mirameth3.jpg

Once a small trading post and now the center of a small Avalonian kingdom, Mirameth is a bustling port city on the Eastern coast of Ambalar. Nestled in the steep cliffs of the coast, this vital trading center for Ambalar is a cultural hub with many different goods and people arriving daily from all over the guilds. Here, in the portion of town closest to the ocean, an inn for arriving travelers, a pottery shop, a cartographer's store, and a warehouse can be found.

mirameth2.jpg

Down on the docks of Mirameth, goods from all over Historica arrive daily. Here, some of the local pets are playing near a shipment of glasswear.

mirameth1.jpg

Nearby at the rocks, a woman is enjoying the lovely ocean view. Also, some children are having fun and playing on some crates.

mirameth8.jpg

The busiest building on the docks, this warehouse is the main location where incoming and outgoing goods are stored. Inside can be found spices, ales, ores, textiles, and more.

mirameth9.jpg

Outside the warehouse, a fisherman is selling his catch for the day. A port guard is vigilantly watching over the docks, unfortunately, he doesn't notice the fugitive hiding in the barrel behind him.

mirameth10.jpg

Here we can see a spice trader from Kaliphin making a business arrangement with the proprietor. Above, a worker takes a lunch break in the upper portion of the warehouse.

mirameth7.jpg

Next door we see the Cartographer's Shop. Here, one can find all kinds of maps for any part of Ambalar, Avalonia, and most parts of Historica. It appears a prospector has just purchased a map of the mineral prosperous central region of Ambalar and is planning to scout out a mine. Many passing sailers who stop in the port can purchase sea maps here for their voyages.

mirameth6.jpg

Across from the cartographer's shop is the pottery shop. The talented craftswoman is standing outside her establishment hoping to attract customers. Inside, a foreign soldier is purchasing a gift to take back to his family. This is a popular stop for traveler's wanting to purchase a unique Ambalaran craft.

mirameth4.jpg

The most popular destination at the docks is the Drunken Horse Inn and Tavern. Inside can be found drinks and ales from all over the guilds, including some of the finest Ambalaran wines. This is a very popular destination for sailors passing through Mirameth as they can get a place to stay, a bite to eat, and lots and lots of alcohol in one convenient place.

mirameth5.jpg

Speaking of the tavern, it looks like their latest shipment of ale has been spilled by clumsy shipper.

mirameth11.jpg

And as a parting shot, this is the best full pic I could get with the layout of my build and my cramped photography setup.

For this build, I would like to claim HSS: Hospitality: Inn; Craftsmen: Potter; and Services: Cartographer. I would also like to claim UoP DoH Anthropology: City Scene and Life in Avalonia. Just let me know if there's a problem with these claims. In other news I'm still working on my photography setup, but I think it's improving. Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Bacon Potatoes

Nice port town, Bacon Potatoes!

I like the action and general business of this port. There are many nice details, such as the fugitive in the barrel, the fish rack, the Kaliphlin spice-trader, the lunch-man's sitting legs, the crate lids utilizing the CMF plate, so many small details to take in. I like the use of multiple roofing techniques. Do you have an overall shot of this build that shows it in its entirety? I would like to see a view with no corners cut off.

Brick on, Bacon Potatoes!

Great job here, especially with the fugitive hiding in the barrel, nice touch! Good work portraying a bustling town scene! :thumbup: +1 for the UoP credits!

A wonderful and lively scene BP, a lot of little details to appreciate here! Cool technique with the streets, and the fugitive was a great touch. I'm with Slegengr though, a full shot of the build would be sweet (if possible).

Excellent work, though I think the water could be a little less bland with the same attention to detail you put elsewhere in the build. And yes, full shot please!

Thanks for all the feedback, I have posted a better full shot due to popular demand. I don't know why I didn't have that added earlier, thanks for pointing that out. And mccoyed, I do agree with you that my water could be better,I just didn't have the pieces! It's something that I'll work on in the future. Thanks!

NIce port, it looks very busy! The guy in the barrel quite funny, and I like your port guard! That torso has got to be one of my all time favorites, it's just so useful!

Thanks for all the feedback, I have posted a better full shot due to popular demand. I don't know why I didn't have that added earlier, thanks for pointing that out. And mccoyed, I do agree with you that my water could be better,I just didn't have the pieces! It's something that I'll work on in the future. Thanks!

Hey, no worries. You can't help stuff like piece limitations. You did an awesome job.

Very nice port scene. I really like how you arranged houses in uneven patterns and the sitting worker is of course absolutely genious!

This a beautifully busy litte port. I am so impressed how you managed to include so many little scenes and stories, without the whole place seeming overcrowded. There is something going on everywhere!

Brick on! :)

Wonderful town layout! The buildings look fabulous and the amount of detail is incredible :thumbup:

I especially like the warehouse area and guy who just bought a map :classic:

Very nice port city scene, BP, all the little details are great, especially the crane, fugitive and broken-down cart :thumbup:

As to improvement, a bit more variety in the houses would probably be helpful, as they are all stone on the first story and wood on the second.

Great job on the build as a whole though! :wink:

Nice build. I particularly like the interaction of the animals at play, and the poor guy who dropped the crate of ale.

So much details and things to look at! You have really put in effort in those things! Great work! I like the feel this moc have!