Siegfried

6416 Poolside Paradise Photo Review

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I recently acquired 90% of this set, so I thought I would do a review of it. Please note that half of the Mini-figs are wrong, and there are some part substitutions.

dsc01113ed.jpg4919163403_e73e60d536_m.jpg

This is the only set that comes with this plate. There is a depression under the grey plates to the back. The pool depression can be easily covered by three quarter circle plates... which just happen to be included in this set. (Good set design Lego!)

dsc01116ed.jpg

The stairs are old Fabuland ones, and have been used in a few other sets. This is the only one that has them in "ParaPink" however. What is the difference between "ParaPink" and "Pink"? Dunno... The big windows are in only two other sets, both of them DACTA ones! The smaller ones were in one other Paradisa set.

dsc01122ed.jpg

The interior, while simple, works very well. I love the coffee machine.

dsc01123ed.jpg

A cute car came with the set as well.

dsc01125ed.jpg

The bird house is a nice idea as well.

dsc01128ed.jpg

Once the current visitors leave I will probably be breaking this set. I wish Lego would go back to these sets as they always had some great parts in them.

Nice review of a surprisingly interesting set. *y*

Those windows are great, and no doubt difficult to get. Classic coffee maker, simple yet exactly right.

That baseplate was in a few other sets, but never with that pattern. Would have made a great base for some of the classic 80s houses LEGO used to treat us to. In tan was part of the Adventurers Egypt sets. As recently as 2001 it was a base for Ogel. Versatile plate that hopefully hasn't disappeared completely.

ParaPink is apparently "Light Pink" on Brickshelf, so I guess it's just lighter than normal pink (and stopped appearing in 1995.

Just so you know, that monkey is drinking too much and likely to fall in the pool ... ;-)

Nice review of a surprisingly interesting set. *y*

Thanks!

That baseplate was in a few other sets, but never with that pattern. Would have made a great base for some of the classic 80s houses LEGO used to treat us to. In tan was part of the Adventurers Egypt sets. As recently as 2001 it was a base for Ogel. Versatile plate that hopefully hasn't disappeared completely.

Indeed. I wouldn't mind one of all! Many of the raised plates are too raised (I think the new one in the Police station and the Hospital is) but I think this one is perfect.

Just so you know, that monkey is drinking too much and likely to fall in the pool ... ;-)

I believe he is hoping to take the barman with him. X-D (He is one of Hinckleys characters on holiday...)

Tks Sinner for that cool review ;-)

This set is not one of my favs (never was really a big fan of those raised baseplates) but had fantastic parts and MFs !!

It has great playability with really cool "80's Miami" feel *wub* That pink was actually pretty cool and went well with that lime green (I think its lime but I'm not 100% positive).

Once again this pisses me off so much that I was in my dark ages when this theme was out !! I loved it, especially all the beach/water themes *wub*

I really wish TLC decided to bring that water Paradisia back !! Who knows !! After all they need to make some girlie sets !! Girls are a part of their market totally neglected !! How many women we have on the boards ?? Really a tiny few unfortunatly !!

SO TLC, please bring Paradisia back in may 08 :-P , please !!

*yoda*

Tks Sinner for that cool review ;-)

My pleasure.

This set is not one of my favs (never was really a big fan of those raised baseplates) but had fantastic parts and MFs !!

This is only my second raised plate so I still like them! :-P This set has been on my want list for a long time because of the windows.

Once again this pisses me off so much that I was in my dark ages when this theme was out !! I loved it, especially all the beach/water themes *wub*

Me too. (We are almost the same age so it make sense!)

I really wish TLC decided to bring that water Paradisia back !!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I think there is a greater chance of a return to Paradisia like sets than Fabuland. I also think TLC is missing the mark with Belville.

I got that set recently as well. Bought a bulk lot and there was all but 1 minifig in there. Gave it to my girlfriend for her town. Need to find her a Ristorante now.

Nice review Sinner! *y* My favorite part of this set is the parrot in the front window! *wub*

nice set indeed! *sweet* still, i'd say the fabulant figs are easily as popular as the paradisa set X-D

What a nice review, what a cool set! *y*

A perfect little Miami villa, all it would need

A great set.

Paradisa reminds me of "Beverly Hills 90210" An american serie about some spoiled rich kids with big houses and a pool like this.

This was a nice house, not much interior but nice enough.

Thanks for the review, I always asked myself how it looks from the back side.

Very good review Sinner !!

This is one of those sets that make me happy by just looking at it.

It reminds me of holiday and relaxing (the good life).

I love this baseplate with the pool integrated.

Great little set! That has to be the best base plate leg ever came out with! I really like the pool intagrated and the mini stairs built into the base plate behind the drive way. Great review!

dsc01128ed.jpg

Once the current visitors leave I will probably be breaking this set. I wish Lego would go back to these sets as they always had some great parts in them.

X-O Look who's there! Yay! I hope they are having a good time. It looks like Gavin made a friend. He's lacking in social graces, sometimes. Sorry. :-$

Great review! Although I was never a big fan of the series, I think it is mostly because I was in high school and insecure about liking "girl LEGO". :-D :-D :-D But I always did like the idea of the set and really wanted those dome pieces.

Excellent review Sinner, thanks for sharing!

I got that set recently as well. Bought a bulk lot and there was all but 1 minifig in there. Gave it to my girlfriend for her town. Need to find her a Ristorante now.

You are more generous than me. :-$ It's mine! mine mine mine!

Nice review Sinner! *y* My favorite part of this set is the parrot in the front window! *wub*

What a surprise! X-D

X-O Look who's there! Yay! I hope they are having a good time. It looks like Gavin made a friend. He's lacking in social graces, sometimes. Sorry. :-$

It was part of a package tour. They should be in Sinnerton now. :-P

I realised the review did not include the box, which features really lovely pictures and alternate builds so here are the box pics:

Front

p1030947.jpg

Side

p1030952.jpg

Inside (& close-ups)- love the plastic packaging!

p1030948.jpg

p1030949.jpg

p1030950.jpg

Back (with more alternate builds)

p1030953.jpg

I don't think I can bear to open this MISB set, but luckily I've more than one set of Poolside Paradise. :tongue:

Really do hope they release the 2011 Belville theme in minifig size as some rumours have indicated. :cry_happy: